RC Scarab/Chris Craft

23bw

Just wanted to share with this radio controlled Scarab/Chris Craft I built back around the 1985 time frame. I spent all summer long on a city sponsored gardening job while I was 14 years old and saved the money to build a Miami Vice boat. Back then I didn't know the Chris Craft was different than the Scarab but I knew the boat in season 1 was what I wanted to build. At that time, I thought it was a Scarab.I think the hull is based on the 38' KV Scarab manufactured by Dumas Products. It was designed for a gas engine but I wanted put in electric motors for easier use. Ended up going with twin Graupner Hydro drives. The boat runs fine but it's not super fast by today's standards. Some day when I have time and money, I would like to retrofit the whole boat with faster motors and refreshed paint scheme.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

HOW MUCH????I have the real thing....why not play with the toy too? I LOVE the paint scheme. You did a great job!You want to sell it?

HOW MUCH????I have the real thing....why not play with the toy too? I LOVE the paint scheme. You did a great job!You want to sell it?

Never thought about selling it because never thought anyone else would want it. Plus it's sort of a piece of my childhood. I have about $500 in this thing which includes a 2 channel Futaba radio transmitter (not pictured). The four 7-cell NiCAD packs are probably dead by now too so to run it, you'll need 4 new ones (around $70 total).If you are serious, make me an offer by PM. I don't mind keeping it but don't mind letting someone play with it too if the price is right.

• 3 months later...

Well not only do I own the 41 foot version but now I have a little cousin to run side by side:pThanks 23bw. Shipping was fine and all intact.

Sorry Timm.........did you want the toy too?I had another model boat that I chased the girls around with at the beach when I was anchored. They all got a kick out of it. Now they can really get a kick out my my new toy as I can use it to lure the damsels to the real thing!!!Don't laugh but I am making a deal on a small deep "V" called a "Fantasy 13"Its a little tiny mini offshore boat with a radar arch and a small windshield. It looks like my 390 but is presently all white.If the guy will deal, I will grab this up and paint it my colours and have the full size boat, a 13 footer with a 40hp on the back and then the model boat too! hahahahahaahCan you imagine my slip at the marina with big, little and littler all parked side by side????

• Administrators

Sorry Timm.........did you want the toy too?

No, that's alright buddy.I don't even have a pool to dock it in right now. :pIt would be cool to see all three side by side.

• 1 month later...