Nobody Lives Forever

Matt5

Ha Had not thought of that. But would be cool to live in such an important house despite it's other short falls.

Its a wonderful house and Coconut Grove is rich in MV history for all 5 seasons 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Tommys Deck Bar from the early 1980s at 627 5th St Miami Beach seen in "Nobody Lives Forever"  :D

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Matt5

3067 Jefferson Street , Coconut Grove ( "Nobody Lives Forever" pool scenes and "Shadow in the Dark " end scenes )  :rain:  :glossy:  :fireworks: 

Eingefügtes Bild

What always amazes me is how a certain house was picked for the various scenes in the show.  This house is on a very narrow street in the Grove, so imagine getting a crew of 30 people plus a production truck outside just to shoot one scene...

• Like 2

https://www.google.com/maps/@25.73605,-80.23379,3a,75y,56h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sE879LvENZEEWRoD8lgFCSA!2e0!6m1!1e1

What a shame to see this house in that condition...could be such a cool place.  

Great picture of the pool Matt.   :thumbsup:   You must be one persuasive guy!

Thankyou - this house is currently empty and a little run down - but luckily there was a real estate agent putting up a new board when I asked  :D

It's funny how these places can look so different in person than they do on television.

Very true - they look a lot smaller in person than you imagined !! This pool was tiny. :D

• 2 years later...

A few more of  the "Nobody Lives Forever " / "Shadow in the Dark " house at 3067 Jefferson in Coconut Grove from a trip in 2014  as featured in the early 1985 Miami Vice episode and Halloween 1986 episode:D

e9f08f97-36d9-4b6e-b21a-56317b3b1351_zps

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...
On December 3, 2013 at 7:53 PM, miamijimf said:

For some reason they killed that link and made a new one:

http://miamiarchives.blogspot.com/2015/09/south-beachs-bucket-of-blood-closes-1986.html

And a different site hosting the same article:

http://randompixels.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-way-we-weresouth-beachs-bucket-of.html?m=1

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
On 28.8.2014 at 5:46 PM, mvnyc said:

What always amazes me is how a certain house was picked for the various scenes in the show.  This house is on a very narrow street in the Grove, so imagine getting a crew of 30 people plus a production truck outside just to shoot one scene...

looking at the streetview pics, this house is a true gem. It's very nicely located on that narrow street, cozily hidden behind the trees. And its a totally appropriate place for the Brenda character, not too big, not too fancy, just interesting enough and right-sized for her as an architect. Excellent choice by the scouts.

10 hours ago, daytona365 said:

looking at the streetview pics, this house is a true gem. It's very nicely located on that narrow street, cozily hidden behind the trees. And its a totally appropriate place for the Brenda character, not too big, not too fancy, just interesting enough and right-sized for her as an architect. Excellent choice by the scouts.

And it was affordable, listing at around $325K several years ago if I recall correctly.

• 8 months later...

“Nobody Lives Forever” teaser view 2018. Also seen “Freefall”, “Out Where the Buses Don’t Run”, “The Fix” and “Brother’s Keeper”. Photo taken from 5th/ Alton.

F745B81E-006E-470D-8ECA-AB62F0C0E4EC.jpeg

• 4 months later...
On 8/29/2014 at 9:33 AM, Matt5 said:

Eingefügtes Bild

Was looking for some info and found it on this forum.  I joined to add this bit of color as a thank you:

In 1982, when I was 8yrs old we moved to Florida from Massachusetts.  My parents spent around a year house hunting before they realized that they weren't going to find their dream house and would need to build it themselves.  After several disappointing meetings with other architects they made an appointment to meet Peter Blitstein (https://www.blitsteindesign.com/) to see his work.  This was his house and where we had the meeting.  It 1983, this house was in perfect condition.  I have very vivid memories of being awed by it.  In 2018 this house looks like another modern house.  35yrs ago this house literally stopped traffic.  Most people had never seen anything like it before.  Pretty sure my parents had decided to hire him as soon as we got out of the car.  

Blitstein designed a number of other houses used as locations in Miami Vice.  The most prominent to the story being Phil Collin's house in the Season 2 episode, Phil the Shill.  That house shares a number of design elements with the home Blitstein designed for my parents.  Our house was less grand.    

He was a brilliant architect.  My dad at the time the house was being built was deep into astronomy as a hobby.  Blitstein incorporated an outdoor platform for the telescope that hangs off the highest point in the house.   When using a telescope it can be thrown off easily by tiniest movements.  So that this platform hanging off the side of the house would be rock solid and unaffected by people walking on it, Blitstein designed the entire north wall of the house as a single 40ft tall concrete pour.  He also fought with my mom about glass block (which she hated), chandeliers (which he hated), and budget over-runs but that's a story for a different forum.

• Like 7

Thanks for sharing that with us, @thisidisforjoe ! Welcome to the forum. Some experts here may have known, but I certainly didn’t know that this and the Phil the Shill house had the same architect. Very cool!

So are there any pics of the house he designed for your dad? Is it still there/the same?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

There is an unknown location in this ep.  Izzy is on the street selling shoes, when C&T grab him and take him into an alley.

nlfizzy1.png.4b9e1c15d8e187d2037fc96f7a290ff6.png  nlfizzy3.png.622076192d78da226f7500010f443831.png

Most likely South Beach, looks like Washington Ave.  But we can't rule out Downtown Miami since the very next clip is C&T walking in Downtown.  We can see some buildings in the window reflections.

nlfizzy4.thumb.png.2c1bd4be7113d0db33bf9d144bda1b30.png

nlfizzy5.thumb.png.a5f97c9a9b530522ae09924782a1061c.png

Edited by airtommy

2 hours ago, airtommy said:

nlfizzy6.png.540653106fcf7918c8fe76f7d0f32e49.png

It’s a match - good find , wow they shot all over the Miami area for that one (and for some very small scenes). 

Edited by Matt5