Nobody Lives Forever

Matt5

On watching this episode the other night when Crockett is calling Brenda and Tubbs goes into "Tommy's Deck Bar" when the three thugs drive off with Tubbs in pursuit . None of the surroundings look familiar in this scene - except a possible art -deco type building ( similar to Dynamo in " The Dutch Oven " teaser ) . So it could be Washington Ave / or the Grove . It looks like there are palm trees and an open area in front of the bar - which could have signalled Ocean Dr . The JJ Diner Scene here uses the front and side entrance - the side entrance is seen when C&T go to the crime scene and see Izzy.

• 1 year later...

On watching this episode the other night when Crockett is calling Brenda and Tubbs goes into "Tommy's Deck Bar" when the three thugs drive off with Tubbs in pursuit . None of the surroundings look familiar in this scene - except a possible art -deco type building ( similar to Dynamo in " The Dutch Oven " teaser ) . So it could be Washington Ave / or the Grove . It looks like there are palm trees and an open area in front of the bar - which could have signalled Ocean Dr . The JJ Diner Scene here uses the front and side entrance - the side entrance is seen when C&T go to the crime scene and see Izzy.

Matt5, looking at the location guide on another site (!), DanJ found the location of Tommy's Bar as being in South Beach on 5th:"A CVS drug store stands about where Tommy's Bar was, and I believe the building that was Tommy's was razed to make way for the CVS' parking lot. This is at 5th street and Euclid Avenue. Tommy's Bar was on the northeast corner, C&T approach from the northwest corner."

NLF - South Beach location end of episodeI was watching that episode last night: I saw at the very end, when Tubbs was being chased by the car, a quick flash of a bright pink hotel - yet again the Winterhaven. They were therefore filming around 13th-14th for that scene. The camera shot is low but you get a glimpse of the (Bushido) public restrooms on the right hand side in the distance.As C&T walk away, the hotel Victor, in its original unexpanded state, is in the background. The arched terrace gateway is still the same today.Then:Eingefügtes BildSept. 2009:Eingefügtes Bild

Good job Caroline, you are developing a good eye for locations. Have you tried Google Earth lately? Their street view mode is the best.

Yeah, nice eye! I remember seeing that arch in a number of eps. I can't remember them, but perhaps the opening scene of "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" was one of them.

Good job Caroline' date=' you are developing a good eye for locations. Have you tried Google Earth lately? Their street view mode is the best.[/quote']Thanks Jim & Airtommy. I had some excellent tuition in location hunting last month!! Although I'm at a great distance from the city, it's good to be able to participate. I'm hooked on Google Earth but it doesn't beat walking around South Beach on a sunny morning.
I remember seeing that arch in a number of eps. I can't remember them' date=' but perhaps the opening scene of "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" was one of them.[/quote']I saw it in that ep the other night (I'm not watching the eps in any order at present). Maybe the area around the hotel Victor up to the Winterhaven was better for filming for some reason?

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried Google Earth lately? Their street view mode is the best.

Yes, Jim, and I also like the Bing maps as you can swivel the view so the maps aren't always north to the top of the screen.

• 10 months later...

Thank you. I am going to take another look at the alleyway and the next scene where they walk to their car. These both look like they should be easily solveable even though I have not been able to solve them. The alley looks like Washington Ave. area to me and the next scene looks like downtown Miami.

great work as always!I am looking forward to Evan and the next episodes (and the twoparter Golden Triangle has also nice locations e.g. the Thai restaurant locations in North Miami Beach and Hialeah)!

great work as always!I am looking forward to Evan and the next episodes (and the twoparter Golden Triangle has also nice locations e.g. the Thai restaurant locations in North Miami Beach and Hialeah)!

yes' date=' I too am looking forward to "Evan" - pinpointing that scene in the teaser in the aircraft blimp hangar at Opa Locka Airport ( was blown to pieces in "Bad Boys" movie).:D [url']http://www.pbase.com/image/93961368Have we found the exact pinpoint location of the blimp hangar as seen in this old photo ( from 1925) at Opa-Locka : http://my.att.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=334&fileid=1659052&groupid=269881&folderid=215301&curRec=1&folderview=thumbs&ck=

if Jeremy can´t pinpoint the exact location of the hangar before it was blown up' date=' nobody can! [/quote']Very true indeed! I would also like to know the roof C&T were on when staking out the blimp hangar.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Very true indeed! I would also like to know the roof C&T were on when staking out the blimp hangar.:D

Wait no longer, I have just posted Evan on my website. An additional page where I am posting parts of the script from a deleted scene and some other goodies is not complete yet but the main location page is ready for your viewing pleasure. The roof top where C+T were was atop the General Dollar Store, 1 Eagle Plaza Opa Locka (no longer there).

Wait no longer' date=' I have just posted Evan on my website. An additional page where I am posting parts of the script from a deleted scene and some other goodies is not complete yet but the main location page is ready for your viewing pleasure. The roof top where C+T were was atop the General Dollar Store, 1 Eagle Plaza Opa Locka (no longer there).[/quote']great stuff ! Ive been looking forward to pinpointing that location in particular ( the blimp hangar that is and the rooftop) - thanks Soflajeremy!! :Dwould you place the rooftop off NW37th Ave at where it meets NW135th St - I cant see to find a 1 Eagle Plaza or if you know of the exact location where Eagle Plaza was in fact located ?

great stuff ! Ive been looking forward to pinpointing that location in particular ( the blimp hangar that is and the rooftop) - thanks Soflajeremy!! :Dwould you place the rooftop off NW37th Ave at where it meets NW135th St - I cant see to find a 1 Eagle Plaza or if you know of the exact location where Eagle Plaza was in fact located ?

That is the right direction but a little to far. The warehouse was inside the grounds of the airport in the vicinity of what GE is calling Fisherman Street. I would say on the south side of Fisherman Street in line with the direction you have sussed out. I hope to post more on the script page tonight.Edit: update' date=' what a bone head I am for not trying a long time ago what I just did. All my guessing,deductions, analysis could have been done in seconds, I just went on google earth and turned on the time slider. I went to the oldest date they had first. 1994 and there it is a sat picture with the Hangar and warehouse building still standing. Well at least I proved myself right and my deductive abilities are still functioning. Maybe slowed but still working.[/color']

Over the last few years at different times I had spent many hours tracking down the location of the hangar and warehouse building. Now after solving it I think to use the time slider and there it is. Well it was fun solving and I am not sure the time slider was around a few years ago. Next time I will use it though,. Now I feel a little like homer Simpson, DOOOOOUUU Eingefügtes Bild

Over the last few years at different times I had spent many hours tracking down the location of the hangar and warehouse building. Now after solving it I think to use the time slider and there it is. Well it was fun solving and I am not sure the time slider was around a few years ago. Next time I will use it though' date='. Now I feel a little like homer Simpson, DOOOOOUUU [/color']Eingefügtes Bild

That is great work which one would be the warehouse building they were on the roof of ??:D

the Evan location pages are great!Thanks a lot Jeremy!Even the location of the deleted Iggy Pop scenes is there (Antiquities DuFutur 87 NE 40 Str).BTW the Iggy Pop scene was shot on the same day (12 Mar) as the gas station scene and it was director´s Rob Cohen´s birthday. He had to wear a mask because he had the flu and John Nicolella feared that he would spread the flu to DJ and PMT.

• Like 1

Thanks allot. I really enjoyed doing that episode. The flu story is cool but shouldn't they have each just had a double shot of jack. That should stop the flu better than a silly mask. I think Crockett kept some in his desk.Edit: They should release these deleted scenes and other footage they have for us die hards. I know I would buy it. BTW I am working on Caddyshack right now.