Nobody Lives Forever

Matt5

Having been on Jeremy's site, I saw he still hadn't found the location for the scene where after meeting up with Izzy, C&T walk to the car. This is from 17:17 in the episode.Eingefügtes BildI have searched the area of Downtown Miami using Bing & Google street maps but haven't found that particular corner. Looking at the episode on my laptop I've found some clues to the location IF they weren't items added by the MV production team. The vehicle is parked beside a restaurant with an awning, & it is called La Cibeles. To its right is a one-hour printing shop and on the corner is a fashion store which says "Yes - Si - Oui" on the window. When Sonny sits in the vehicle, there is a sign over his shoulder mentioning Universal Foot Center in English and in Spanish. I've struck out with all these names except for the restaurant: there is one with the same name near Flagler, at 105 Northeast 3rd Avenue. On the restaurant's site there are no decent outdoor shots of the street and sadly Google streetview doesn't stretch down this small street. From what the guys said when I was last over in Miami, the downtown area has changed a lot since Vice days. It was worth a shot though & maybe someone from the area can remember these places.I'll now try to find the Izzy meeting C&T area which Jeremy believes may be on Washington. Will keep you informed on progress!

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/images/KDPics/nobodylivesforever/nobodylivesforever52.jpgI have searched the area of Downtown Miami using Bing & Google street maps but haven't found that particular corner. Looking at the episode on my laptop I've found some clues to the location IF they weren't items added by the MV production team. The vehicle is parked beside a restaurant with an awning, & it is called La Cibeles. To its right is a one-hour printing shop and on the corner is a fashion store which says "Yes - Si - Oui" on the window. When Sonny sits in the vehicle, there is a sign over his shoulder mentioning Universal Foot Center in English and in Spanish. I've struck out with all these names except for the restaurant: there is one with the same name near Flagler, at 105 Northeast 3rd Avenue. On the restaurant's site there are no decent outdoor shots of the street and sadly Google streetview doesn't stretch down this small street. From what the guys said when I was last over in Miami, the downtown area has changed a lot since Vice days. It was worth a shot though & maybe someone from the area can remember these places.I'll now try to find the Izzy meeting C&T area which Jeremy believes may be on Washington. Will keep you informed on progress!

Good work. If you found a restaurant with the same name chances are it's the same area. I looked at it and an on foot recon may be the only way to find it. Jeremy is so good at sleuthing, any location he lists as unknown will be difficult. Not impossible but difficult. There are plenty of unknown locations in episodes he hasn't got to yet.

With fresh eyes, I had another look around the area where the restaurant is located. In fact they must have moved premises, just a few hundred yards away. If you look at the two photos below, you can see they match even though the current Google Earth view is higher than the camera angle in MV. The building in the distance on the lefthandside matches still. On the building closest to C&T, the glass panes above the awning level also match across the decades. The scene was filmed on NE 2nd Street at NE 3rd Avenue in Downtown Miami. THEN:Eingefügtes BildNOW:Eingefügtes Bild

• Like 1

Yeah, that is the spot. I looked at that spot for some time and had ruled it out because so much had been changed. Now that you posted it I went back and took another look. There is enough still there to confirm that it is the correct spot. Well done, I had passed on it so I am glad you solved it.I will update the site right away.

Thanks Jim & Jeremy. I had great fun & its amazing how much you can learn from looking in the reflection of store windows and in the reflection of the gleaming side of Sonny's car. When playing the scene on my laptop to stop it for screen captures, you also notice the crowd built up who are watching the action!On to Washington Ave now for the scene before this one!

• 1 year later...

I was watching the boat scenes from this episode and the songs by Glenn Frey and the second one "Heartbeat " - in the first song by Glenn Frey you see a shingle entrance line to a harbour is that Coconut Grove ? Looks almost like Govt Cut in the background but looks more out to see - have a look if you can :thumbsup::D

• 1 year later...

Watched this very stylishly shot episode last Nite . A 2013 replica shot from my recent vacation .Tommy's Deck Bar former location 5th/ Euclid :thumbsup::cool::D[ATTACH=CONFIG]8277[/ATTACH]

post-122-13892965787127_thumb.jpg

Nice shot Matt. I remember those unique wall decorations. I believe that was a location trivia question. Would be nice to get that back some day. I tried for a while but ran out of original photos to post.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nobody Lives Forever - C&T Surveillance ( Garage )-Shooting Location - Bay Road , Miami Beach. :D  :done:  :fireworks:  :rain: 

post-113-0-26617900-1394741337_thumb.jpg

Edited by Matt5

• 4 weeks later...

3067 Jefferson Street , Coconut Grove ( "Nobody Lives Forever" pool scenes and "Shadow in the Dark " end scenes )  :rain:  :glossy:  :fireworks: 

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 3

Yeah, nice eye! I remember seeing that arch in a number of eps. I can't remember them, but perhaps the opening scene of "Out Where the Buses Don't Run" was one of them.

This circular arch was a big clue in aiding me to find the location of Sonny's sit down with Caroline and her Lawyer in Cool Runnin'. That was the first time I remember it being used. It was seen in the background out the window as they were talking and it helped me discover the location years ago when I was new to location sleuthing. It has since had use in Burn Notice including one shot of the front shooting past The Victor exactly as the camera was set up and pointed in Miam Vice making me wonder if it were done intentionally. Needless to say this round gate has special appeal to me for it's role in MV.

• Like 1

3067 Jefferson Street , Coconut Grove ( "Nobody Lives Forever" pool scenes and "Shadow in the Dark " end scenes )  :rain:  :glossy:  :fireworks: 

Eingefügtes Bild

Did you sneak in Ninja style, Cloak yourself in an invisibility field, or actually talk to the owner?  Great picture.

• Like 2

Did you sneak in Ninja style, Cloak yourself in an invisibility field, or actually talk to the owner?  Great picture.

Ha ha - The house is currently empty ( foreclosure )  - and the gardener employed by the real estate agent  let me in after saying I was a huge Mv fan-  it was lucky she was there as only go once every 3 weeks .   :D  :)  :fireworks:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Nice shot of the house and the pool. The blue tiles in the pool remain the same from the pool scene with Sonny and Brenda.  

According to Zillow it is not for sale....apparently no longer on the market? ?( But smaller in size than I assumed from the episodes and maybe a bargain if in foreclosure. A shame as the style of the house is pretty cool.

Property Details for 3067 Jefferson St

Description provided by Trulia
3067 Jefferson St This Single-Family Home located at 3067 Jefferson Street, Miami FL. 3067 Jefferson St has 2 beds, 3 ½ baths, and approximately 2,460 square feet. The property has a lot size of 6,562 sqft and was built in 1980. The average listing price for similar homes for sale is $1,009,892 and the average sales price for similar recently sold homes is $561,707. 3067 Jefferson St is in the Northeast Coconut Grove neighborhood in Miami, FL. The average price per square foot for homes for sale in Northeast Coconut Grove is $314.

Nice shot of the house and the pool. The blue tiles in the pool remain the same from the pool scene with Sonny and Brenda.  

According to Zillow it is not for sale....apparently no longer on the market? ?( But smaller in size than I assumed from the episodes and maybe a bargain if in foreclosure. A shame as the style of the house is pretty cool.

Property Details for 3067 Jefferson St

Description provided by Trulia
3067 Jefferson St This Single-Family Home located at 3067 Jefferson Street, Miami FL. 3067 Jefferson St has 2 beds, 3 ½ baths, and approximately 2,460 square feet. The property has a lot size of 6,562 sqft and was built in 1980. The average listing price for similar homes for sale is $1,009,892 and the average sales price for similar recently sold homes is $561,707. 3067 Jefferson St is in the Northeast Coconut Grove neighborhood in Miami, FL. The average price per square foot for homes for sale in Northeast Coconut Grove is $314.

Yes a shame - the gardener said it had been empty a while - you can see the boards up on the ground floor and all the curtains were pulled closed as you can see the floors above .

:o  :checkbox:

• Like 1

Ha ha - The house is currently empty ( foreclosure )  - and the gardener employed by the real estate agent  let me in after saying I was a huge Mv fan-  it was lucky she was there as only go once every 3 weeks .   :D  :)  :fireworks:

Sweet!

I think it would be the perfect house for Charlie (Jeremy) when he moves back to Miami !! :) :)  :thumbsup:

Ha Had not thought of that. But would be cool to live in such an important house despite it's other short falls.