Episode 26 - The Dutch Oven

miamijimf

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 2:19am by airtommyIn terms of locations, this ep is VERY boring. Boat Party MATT5 mentioned here: http://www.miami-vice.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9237&KW=dutch&PID=188665#188665 "The disused drawbridge just by the Port Bridge( no Port bridge in 1985) was seen at the location of the nite boat party in "The Dutch Oven" There is a green sign in the background throughout the scene. Around 25:51 it comes into focus. It appears to read "Rivergate Plaza". Wouldn't some downtown buildings be in the way of this? Like the skyscraper at on Biscayne between SE 2nd Street and SE 3rd Street (featured in "The Fix")? At the end of the scene, you can see some warehouses behind The Candyman. That lends credence to the Port of Miami location. =============================================== Adonis twice visits supplier's house as Tubbs watches I think this house with the distinctive pink semi-circle was used in another episode, but I can't remember which one. =============================================== Gina + Trudy bust pervert w/ kids When they pull into the alley you can see the beach in the background, so this must be on Collins. As G + T walk on Collins, you can see "Kappu's", "Jordan Fashions", and possibly "Iris".

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 6:06am by Tom71the pink semi-circled house was used in "Whatever works" at the end of the episode.

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 6:41am by DanJThat house has been an item of curiosity for me for quite some time now. The end of "Whatever Works" IMO is a better place to suss out its location, since there are more shots from which to get clues. I'll see y'all in that thread for more discussion on this...On another note, I suspect that Adonis' house is the same as the LMD safe house. Would y'all agree with that?Rivergate Plaza is southwest of the Brickell Avenue bridge at the Miami River. In "Made For Each Other" Izzy & Noogie boost a cement truck from a construction site next to Rivergate - you can see it in the background, along with International Place (Bank Of America tower) under construction. You'll have to slo-mo the playback to catch these items.I recall it being mentioned somewhere that the nightclub where Crockett gets a faceful of cocaine (Actually baking powder) was Fire & Ice in the Miami Design District. I think it was in one of Cooper&Burnett's scrapbook articles.

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 10:12am by Matt5Fire and Ice ? do we have any details on that club.What about the driving scene with Crockett and Gina during the day time where was that taken place?At the end of the teaser the shootout was staged in the alleys behing Ocean Dr between Ocean and Collins - but where exactly ? I thought somewhere behind The Cardozo perhaps but there is a dead end isnt there ? So couldnt be behind The Cardozo

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 12:07pm by airtommyOriginally posted by MATT5What about the driving scene with Crockett and Gina during the day time where was that taken place? They're on a road with a median, and at one point they drive by a distinctive neighborhood entrance. It made me think of Coral Gables. That's all I got.

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 12:09pm by airtommyOriginally posted by tom71the pink semi-circled house was used in "Whatever works" at the end of the episode. That's what I wrote in my notes, but for some reason I thought I had written down the wrong ep. Let me check the DVD ...

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 12:42pm by Matt5Originally posted by airtommyOriginally posted by MATT5What about the driving scene with Crockett and Gina during the day time where was that taken place? They're on a road with a median, and at one point they drive by a distinctive neighborhood entrance. It made me think of Coral Gables. That's all I got. I noticed that too - thought it looked similar to entrance to Villa Vizcaya

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 12:55pm by airtommyCooper&Burnett scrapbook http://www.miami-vice.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=10807&KW=fire+ice&PID=183400#183400Don Johnson is in the Fire and Ice Disco in the Miami Design District. Baking soda is smeared all over his face. He has just finished filming a scene in DUTCH OVEN, in which a bad guy threw a bowl of baking powder (playing the role of cocaine) in his face. This was the cause of much amusement on the set, as Johnson has been very up front about the drug and drinking problem that once nearly wrecked his life, spilling all to a TV GUIDE reporter shortly after the show went on the air. So it is one crewman that walks up to Johnson with a polaroid - FLASH! Wheeze, cranks the motor, spitting out the picture - muttering something about sending the picture to the tabloids. And that another staffer comes with a straw and begins inhaling the powder off Johnson's face. This nearly brings the house down! from Miami Herald article by Steve Sonsky I got quite a few hits from a Google search, http://www.google.com/search?q=%22fire+%26+ice%22+%22design+district%22+miami&hl=en&safe=off&filter=0 but no address. Jeremy has this script, so we'll get it eventually.

Posted: 10 March 2007 at 5:22pm by airtommyOriginally posted by DanJOn another note, I suspect that Adonis' house is the same as the LMD safe house. Would y'all agree with that?I don't see Adonis' house at all. Are you thinking of a different episode, or do you mean Trudy's boyfriend's house? We get a very brief glimpse of the interior.

Posted: 11 March 2007 at 2:01pm by Matt5wow Jeremy has address of the Fire and Ice club - and whole script for "The Dutch Oven" AIRTOMMY - do you know who has script for "The Prodigal Son" there are a few elusive locations in that episode that bug me big time!

Posted: 11 March 2007 at 2:23pm by Matt5oh well - back to freeze framing the dvds!! for clues

Posted: 17 March 2007 at 5:17pm by SOFLAJEREMYNeeds further investigation but that local does not work for me. The script is missing the map page that showed this location officially known as location 2 It is solveable but needs more investigation

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 12:02am by airtommy I was thinking the other possibility is the SW 2nd Ave bridge at the OCB. But around the 24:00 mark, you can see it's a double drawbridge. That indicates it is the Port of Miami drawbridge. Maybe I'm misreading the Rivergate Plaza sign, or maybe my placement of the boat is wrong. The building that should be in the way is the Wachovia Financial Center, which was completed in 1984. This ep was filmed in March 1985. So, it should be there.

Posted: 18 March 2007 at 2:05pm by SOFLAJEREMYMight it read everglades hotel not everglades plaza? I will have to check it out because that would make more sense.. Just check out florence italy for a good look at the hotel sign and position

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 1:11pm by Matt5airtommy - youre placement of the boat from the "Dutch Oven" boat party is spot on . At the beg of the scene as the camera pans down onto the boat party you see the Wachovia in the b/g ( this building was seen in the Pilot onwards). I cant make out the sign in the b/g that finishes Plaza but its not the Everglades Hotel as is in wrong place. It seems to be to the left and behind the Intercontinental Hotel.

Posted: 11 November 2007 at 10:31am by Tom71hi guys, after some digging I found the exact address of Fire &Ice, the disco where the club & final scenes were shot: 3701 NE 2nd Ave, Miami Design District. The club closed in the early 90s.

Posted: 11 November 2007 at 11:26am by Matt5Originally posted by tom71hi guys, after some digging I found the exact address of Fire &Ice, the disco where the club & final scenes were shot: 3701 NE 2nd Ave, Miami Design District. The club closed in the early 90s. Very Cool, Pal thanks!

Posted: 12 November 2007 at 3:15am by SOFLAJEREMYdanj and I went by there about 6 months ago. It is now a high end furniture store part of the new up and comming design district. Unfortunately it has been gutted to make the new store and nothing remains of the interior we saw in MV.

Posted: 12 November 2007 at 8:29am BY DanJYet another Miami icon lost to the the ravages of time. Cue up Janis Joplin:"Take it, take another piece o' my heart, now, baby..."

Posted: 16 March 2008 at 10:21pm by SOFLAJEREMYteaser: starts at dynamo night club located at 7th and Washington Ave. as street signs are clearly visible. Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Posted: 16 March 2008 at 10:26pm by SOFLAJEREMYchase starts headed eastbound on 7th from washington. lead car turns north on Collins second car turns south on collins and c+t follow second car southbound onto collins. Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 16 March 2008 at 10:33pm by SOFLAJEREMYthe next 14 cuts are on Collins Ave northbound from 16th to 17th streets. They repeatedly use the same section. The store sign reads mays dresses and the Delano is seen in the bg as is what is now the ritz carlton. Now on the NW corner of 17th and Collins is a burger king. The ritz is on the NE corner. Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 16 March 2008 at 10:36pm by SOFLAJEREMYnext we are on Collins nb at the famous hilton curve but pre mural. The windows are still there, not having been cemented over yet for the mural which is sadly gone now. STUPID MOVE tearing that down.