Episode 26 - The Dutch Oven

miamijimf

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 5:07am by Tom71Originally posted by SOFLAJEREMYteaser: starts at dynamo night club located at 7th and Washington Ave. as street signs are clearly visible. interesting. I thought this took place at the Warsaw Ballroom at 1540 Collins that was disguised as "Dynamo".

Posted: 17 March 2008 at 11:28pm by airtommyBoat Party I'm leaning towards Big Fish as the location where the boat is docked, which would mean that the drawbridge is Miami Ave. The sign definitely reads "Rivergate Plaza". That building only has a sign facing to the west, so I don't see how Dodge Island can work. What is that lighted parking deck we see at 26:17? Is that the famous Bank of America tower parking deck or perhaps BOA construction???

Posted: 18 March 2008 at 10:28pm by SOFLAJEREMYCrockett plays cards on sobe porch. This is at the Imperial Hotel, 650 Deco Dr.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

Posted: 18 March 2008 at 10:44pm by SOFLAJEREMYInterior bar scenes were shot at Fire and Ice Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 18 March 2008 at 11:04pm BY SOFLAJEREMYCrockett and Trudy take a drive along Biscayne Blv with the top down headed south toward Banco Libre Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 9:42pm BY SOFLAJEREMYGina and Trudy walk down Washington ave south of Espanola Way talking which leads them to an alley arresting a perv. Alley is 14th court just off Deco Dr facing east. Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 10:01pm by SOFLAJEREMYAfter close study of the boat party scene I have concluded that I am not sure where it is. lol It is either at Big fish as previously posted or here where I drew the purple "boat". Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 10:14pm BY SOFLAJEREMYImo its east of Brickle bridge where I drew the purple boat. Big fish does not line up for me. Bridge is at wrong angle and boat would have to be on wrong side of river.

Posted: 19 March 2008 at 10:38pm by airtommy But if it's at Brickell, then it is east of Rivergate Plaza, so no sign would be visible (unless that has changed over the years). At the end of the scene when Adonis is wheeling and dealing, there are some buildings behind him that might be identifiable.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
Eingefügtes BildI just figured out where Trudy was taking her walk to get her head straightened out. The part where she was walking along the street. This was filmed on the south side of 96th Street on Bay Harbor Island. I have updated my site with the info.Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes BildI just figured out where Trudy was taking her walk to get her head straightened out. The part where she was walking along the street. This was filmed on the south side of 96th Street on Bay Harbor Island. I have updated my site with the info.Eingefügtes Bild

Great Charlie. What tipped you off?

I have been going thru my site and making a master list of all locations used and in what episodes. As I am working on that there are a couple of unknowns that I just decided to take another stab at finding. I have been using the premise that they like to film in proximity to other locations they are using at the same time. Not the most effective means but it works, I just use GE to drop in on promissing looking areas near where they were filming and look around to see if I can spot a match or move on. It worked this time.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Interesting locations - loved the Ocean Court alley ( behind The Henrosa ) scene from the opening credits which was also used for a promo shot still for the early second season with Don Johnson and Olivia Brown against the Ferrari at nite :D:)

• 2 years later...

During the car chase in the teaser, they race through the Fontainebleau curve in Miami Beach.  I noticed two things here.

First, this is a chance to see the curve before they put up the famous mural.  The mural was painted in 1985 and demolished in 2002.

Dutch Oven (1985):

Dutch1.png

Death And the Lady (1987):

Dutch6.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

Continuing the last post, the second thing I noticed:

I was wondering why the building we see from this view looks so different today.  Then I realized that the ENTIRE ROAD was moved by about half a block!!!   So, when you're cruising through the Fontainebleau curve today, you are actually NOT driving on hallowed ground.

Dutch2.png

Dutch3.png

pink = Definitely Miami pool

1986:  Dutch4.png

2005: Dutch5.png

Edited by airtommy
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Here's an old illustration of "The Dynamo" in the teaser of the Dutch Oven before it became Freidman's Bakery.

14500213_10210862756353525_3302637428282116165_o.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Here's an old illustration of "The Dynamo" in the teaser of the Dutch Oven before it became Freidman's Bakery.

14500213_10210862756353525_3302637428282116165_o.jpg

Very nice Jim !

• 3 months later...
On 09/07/2011 at 0:40 PM, miamijimf said:

Great Charlie. What tipped you off?

I visited this location Today and the Director of this episode the famous film director Abel Ferrara must have used a hell of a zoom. 

The camera was located on the south side of 96th Street / Kane Concourse on Bay Harbour Islands just a few blocks west of Bal Harbour Shops . The exact camera location was stationed at 1150 96th street looking towards the beach as Trudy walked between Bay Harbour Terrace and East Bay Harbour Drive

IMG_0395.JPG

IMG_0460.PNG

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2