When Irish Eyes Are Crying

miamijimf

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 7:22pm by SOFLAJEREMYI guess we can start posting season three locations now. I cannot get over how little vegetation there was on the east side of no name harbor which is shown a couple of times in this episode in ways we did not see in seasons 1 and 2. The houses in stiltsville are much clearer in bg and as they walk along and drive along in van there is almost no understory vegetation. Also we see a view of Brickel shoreline in a way we had not before. Further north with a ton of trees that are now long gone.

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 8:28pm by airtommyOriginally posted by SOFLAJEREMYI guess we can start posting season three locations now. Woo-hoo, I've been looking forward to this! My original plan was to watch one episode a day, which I thought might be too fast. Now I think I'm going to have trouble restricting myself to just one. I too was surprised at how visible Stiltsville was in that scene.

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 8:33pm by Matt5The Brickell shoreline view seemed really close up - where was that view from? with the bench and everything.

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 8:37pm by airtommy I haven't investigated anything yet, but I was thinking the bench was on Rickenbacker.

Posted: 20 March 2007 at 11:22pm by airtommyWow, what a spectacular view of the Miami/Brickell skyline! Originally posted by SOFLAJEREMYAlso we see a view of Brickel shoreline in a way we had not before. Further north with a ton of trees that are now long gone.I believe that tree-ish area you see at the start of the scene is not the mainland, but rather Brickell Key. I think the closeness of Brickell is a camera effect. Notice how much farther away it looks when they sit down on the bench. My current theory is that this scene was filmed at the northern tip of Virginia Key.

Posted: 21 March 2007 at 4:53pm by airtommy Yes, I'm thinking north of the treatment plant at the northern tip of VA Key. I'm just basing this on the angle at which we see Brickell, where Brickell Key blocks the view (to the right of the Four Ambassadors), and the fact that Dodge Island looks closer than Brickell.

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 12:17am by airtommyAt 39:24, does Berrigan go by a sign reading "NW 39 AVE"? If so, this is very confusing to me. I wonder if the roads around the airport have changed and this intersection doesn't exist any more. It looks like he is coming down a ramp from an expressway.

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 10:03am by DanJOkay, gang. It appears that the first item of interest in this episode is the waterfront location where Gina & Sean go for a walk. Some speculation has been posted and I have Googled the scene. First, here is a panoramic version of the scene in question:Eingefügtes BildNote that there were two benches in the scene, not one. On the left edge you see the Four Embassadors complex. On the right, above the second bench, is the Intercontinental Hotel. In between are Gina & Sean. Moving right along, here's a Google capture:Eingefügtes BildI have indicated the Four Embassadors and the Intercontinental Hotel. The red "T" is a triangulation of those two key elements (Top of the T) and the spot where we surmise Gina & Sean are at (Bottom of the T). As Mr. Spock might say, this is the logical spot for this scene. A remote second possibility is the western tip of Fisher Island, just above Virginia Key.Today Fisher Island is heavily developed, but 20+ years ago there might have been an open space at that spot with two benches. The vegetation seen between the water and the skyline can only be Brickell Key, also not as developed back then as it is now.I intend to go out to Virginia Key soon and try to replicate this scene (Jeremy are ya readin' this? ). The view is very likely partially blocked today, due to so many highrise structures that did not exist in '85 - '86, especially on Brickell Key. If I succeed, a photo will be forthcoming here...

Posted: 22 March 2007 at 10:38pm by SOFLAJEREMYi am reading an ready to go we will take the 4x4 there and follow the glades jeep trail to the north end.

Posted: 23 March 2007 at 12:11am by airtommy While you're there, you could check out Jimbo's to see if that matches up to the gun dealer's hangout. Have you guys had a chance to check out the accessibility of the Sons & Lovers lagoon?

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 6:44pm by SOFLAJEREMYOriginally posted by airtommyAt 39:24, does Berrigan go by a sign reading "NW 39 AVE"? If so, this is very confusing to me. I wonder if the roads around the airport have changed and this intersection doesn't exist any more. It looks like he is coming down a ramp from an expressway. I notice that his house is the exact same one as Lombard goes to meet his mistress in "lombard" ep.21 on harbor dr key biscayne.I wonder if when Lombard disapeared she needed a new source of money and hooked up with Berrigan. I am glad Caroline moved out of that neighborhood, way too many thugs around. Yes the sign is nw 39th and behind it is a dead end street. JGB " if we don't have it in miami nobodies thought of it yet "

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 6:57pm by airtommyOriginally posted by SOFLAJEREMYIs castillo riding in airwolfPretty much, as discussed here. As "I Love Season 5" said, this ep would have been better if Castillo had actually been riding Airwolf. :)

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 8:33pm by airtommyOriginally posted by SOFLAJEREMYI notice that his house is the exact same one as Lombard goes to meet his mistress in "lombard" ep.21 on harbor dr key biscayne.Nice find! Case #87 in Location Trivia has a pic of the house. The fence is the most distinctive clue.

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 8:43pm by airtommyOriginally posted by airtommyAt 39:24, does Berrigan go by a sign reading "NW 39 AVE"? If so, this is very confusing to me. I wonder if the roads around the airport have changed and this intersection doesn't exist any more. It looks like he is coming down a ramp from an expressway.Intersection of NW 31st St & NW 42nd Ave looks like a great candidate, but the street numbers don't match up at all.

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 8:54pm by SOFLAJEREMYAs you may have guessed I am watching/studing this ep now. I was just trying to place the parking garage and looking for clues and I noticed a tall steeple like building in the bg and the biltmore immediately came to mind but I figured to far away. I hit GE anyhow and to my surprise its not to far away in fact it is a pefect match After further study of the dvd I am 100% convinced that you can see the biltmore hotel from the parking garage right at the ep climax and that is the big clue to line up the parking garage

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 8:54pm by airtommyAs you may have guessed I am watching/studing this ep now. I was just trying to place the parking garage and looking for clues and I noticed a tall steeple like building in the bg and the biltmore immediately came to mind but I figured to far away. I hit GE anyhow and to my surprise its not to far away in fact it is a pefect match After further study of the dvd I am 100% convinced that you can see the biltmore hotel from the parking garage right at the ep climax and that is the big clue to line up the parking garage. :)

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 9:26pm by SOFLAJEREMYRight as Gina runs to the edge after the shooting. You will catch it. note that is due south of the airport but the garage is angled with the "north south" walls actually running north north west to south south east. I believe apartment building in bg is accross water to sw

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 9:31pm BY airtommyOK, I see the steeple at 47:18. I believe Carroon is aiming north, because to his right is Sonny and the Miami skyline. Steeple confirms this, since it should south. Best candidate I can find is Perimeter Rd. & 22nd St. Ah heck, it could be the Flamingo or Dolphin decks, too. I'll be back later ...

Posted: 08 May 2007 at 9:51pm by SOFLAJEREMYThe yellow arrows and stop painted on the roadway at a split oy y intersection where he lands below the garage should give it away

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 12:28am by airtommyDoes this look right? Arrow = Black Testarossa drives into garage (10:03) X = Spot from which Carroon wants to shoot down airplane Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild Around 41:04-41:07 we get a decent look at the entire front of the garage.

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 12:45am by airtommyAirwolf swoops in and busts Conan O' Brien :)(a.k.a. Berrigan is killed and corrupt British officer is arrested) This takes place at No Name Harbor on Key Biscayne. I circled No Name Harbor. The action takes place near the tip of the peninsula. Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 9:07am by SOFLAJEREMYyup, had a lot less vegetation back then and they have gotten rid of all the nice australian pines you see in vice because they are not a native species I will check out the garage you are most likely correct

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 3:38pm by Tom71interesting location is the sanddunes in the scene where the Daytona is blown to pieces. This location was also used in "Missing hours" (James Brown was there and some extraterrestrial stuff; I forgot the details cos this ep is unbearable and I hardly watched it). First, I thought this could be near the Medley location of "Def Miami", but there is too much lush vegation around the sanddunes in WIEAC to make it fit. But maybe the trees have been chopped after that (as soflajeremy has mentioned for the No Harbor location). Has anyone a clue where this sanddune spot is?