When Irish Eyes Are Crying

miamijimf

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 5:03pm by airtommyThat one looks very difficult. Def Miami wasn't so hard to find the general area. I noticed it on satellite before RB mentioned it. Of course, finding the specific area was pretty amazing.

Posted: 09 May 2007 at 8:55pm by SOFLAJEREMYOriginally posted by tom71interesting location is the sanddunes in the scene where the Daytona is blown to pieces. This location was also used in "Missing hours" (James Brown was there and some extraterrestrial stuff; I forgot the details cos this ep is unbearable and I hardly watched it). First, I thought this could be near the Medley location of "Def Miami", but there is too much lush vegation around the sanddunes in WIEAC to make it fit. But maybe the trees have been chopped after that (as soflajeremy has mentioned for the No Harbor location). Has anyone a clue where this sanddune spot is? I was thinking the same way Medley of course comes to mind but there are many other areas that had quarrys back then. I wonder if it could be Virginia key. Going to have to study missing hours because it shows more.

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 1:59am by airtommyI just watched the sand dunes scenes in "Missing Hours" and WIEAC. I agree that the locations do look quite similar. And a quick scan of the sat pics shows that there is a spot at the northern end of VA Key that looks like a pretty good match. Since we suspect that they were already on VA Key to film the Gina/Caroon walk and the gun dealer's lair, this makes sense.

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 2:19am by Tom71Originally posted by airtommyAnd a quick scan of the sat pics shows that there is a spot at the northern end of VA Key that looks like a pretty good match. Since we suspect that they were already on VA Key to film the Gina/Caroon walk and the gun dealer's lair, this makes sense. Wow, I never noticed that north of the water plant (that was used in Child´s Play and Redemption in Blood) there is a landscape that matches. One can clearly see that there is a stripe of vegation on the side and there are big sandy areas that are lower than the green stripes around. That´s exactly what can be seen when C/T walk towards Eddie Kay in WIEAC. Nice find!

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 7:26pm by SOFLAJEREMYWow just checked it out on google earth series 3 and its almost like I was there. More amazing as it caught someone out there that looks alot like our own danj and he seemed to be picking up daytona parts. Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 7:37pm by SOFLAJEREMYThis new google earth series 3 is great you can almost get to ground level and look down the road that tubbs drives up from the floor of the quarry to play chicken with the guys he sees watching him from the rim in missing hours. The rim road is still there as is the side road where tubbs meets up with the bulldozer, cool I see crocket drives in from the south and his daytona is blown up there. Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 9:29pm by DanJOriginally posted by SOFLAJEREMYWow just checked it out on Google Earth Series 3 and its almost like I was there. More amazing as it caught someone out there that looks a lot like our own DanJ and he seemed to be picking up Daytona parts.Dang! Next time I'm gon' hafta wear my aluminum helmet and umbrella (There was a tire out in that field...)!

Posted: 10 May 2007 at 10:09pm by airtommySweet pics. Isn't it amazing how something like this could be so unchanged in 20 years? Around 19:03, Tubbs waits for Gina and then gets out of his car to talk to her. I suspect this is filmed near her apartment as seen in previous eps, but I haven't found any actual evidence to back that up.

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 12:27am by airtommySwitek/Zito stake out Berrigan as he goes to a travel agency 3925 can be seen on a storefront. At 18:58 you can see the building in the reflection in the van's window. The best candidate is the NE corner of the intersection of Biscayne & NE 39th St. But the pink sidewalks sure looked like South Beach to me.

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 2:43am by Tom71airtommy: the re-painted a lot in this episode (e.g. the garage at the end when Crockett shoots at Carroon), thus the sidewalk color is probably no distinction mark. The scene where C /T meet Izzy with his dogs also seems repainted as the surrounding houses are too pink and the camera tries just to stay on the actors and not to show any other surrounding except the colorful house. I always wondered where they shot the dog scene.

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 7:16am by miamijimfGreat shots. Do you have a web site for Google Earth Series 3? My computer is pretty up to date, latest java etc. I deleted GE from my hard drive and downloaded what I think is the latest Google Earth and it looks like the same old program to me. Thanks,

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 10:09am by SOFLAJEREMYOriginally posted by miamijimfGreat shots. Do you have a web site for Google Earth Series 3? My computer is pretty up to date, latest java etc. I deleted GE from my hard drive and downloaded what I think is the latest Google Earth and it looks like the same old program to me. Thanks, :):):):):):)

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 4:43pm BY miamijimfOriginally posted by SOFLAJEREMY

Great shots. Do you have a web site for Google Earth Series 3? My computer is pretty up to date, latest java etc. I deleted GE from my hard drive and downloaded what I think is the latest Google Earth and it looks like the same old program to me. Thanks, :):):):):) I don't get it. Why the laughter?

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 5:25pm by airtommyThere's no such thing as GE3, he's joking. He's just saying that being there in person is like having the ultimate satellite photos.

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:05pm by miamijimfOK I got it. I thought that since MS upgraded their program to Virtual Earth, Google had upgraded GE also. They probably will soon since Virtual Earth is so good. Thanks,

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 6:38pm by SOFLAJEREMTOriginally posted by airtommySweet pics. Isn't it amazing how something like this could be so unchanged in 20 years? Probably only because it is govornment property and is all fenced off. Also no one would want to be near a waste water treatment plant

• 11 months later...

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 2:43am.The scene where C /T meet Izzy with his dogs also seems repainted as the surrounding houses are too pink and the camera tries just to stay on the actors and not to show any other surrounding except the colorful house. I always wondered where they shot the dog scene.

Izzy / Greyhounds SceneShot on Washington Ave / at 6th St :http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=607+WASHINGTON+AVENUE++MIAMI' date='+FL&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.723988,33.75&ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=25.775683,-80.133859&panoid=yr8eztow_-oNj2QhK851Mg&cbp=12,134.43,,0,5&ll=25.775586,-80.13387&spn=0.010937,0.016501&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A[/url']

Nice find Matt.

Thanks - a very faint 607 stood out on Washington Ave then the rest was easy to match up . This building ' date=' Ive linked below , is seen nearest to Izzy when he comes around the corner, and the structure hasnt changed overly much.[url']http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=607+WASHINGTON+AVENUE++MIAMI,+FL&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=14.723988,33.75&ie=UTF8&layer=c&cbll=25.775591,-80.133877&panoid=yr8eztow_-oNj2QhK851Mg&cbp=12,79.43,,0,5&ll=25.775489,-80.133891&spn=0.010937,0.016501&t=h&z=16&iwloc=AThe other colorful building in that scene( behind Izzy and his Greyhounds ! ) , I believe , was probrably painted by the Vice team back in '86 and is an Outback Steak House Today but the building hasnt been demolished just remodelled.

• 11 months later...

Posted: 11 May 2007 at 12:27am by airtommySwitek/Zito stake out Berrigan as he goes to a travel agency 3925 can be seen on a storefront. At 18:58 you can see the building in the reflection in the van's window. The best candidate is the NE corner of the intersection of Biscayne & NE 39th St. But the pink sidewalks sure looked like South Beach to me.

this is a location we havent found yet. Berrigan leaves his house (allegedly a house on Harbor Dr. Key Biscayne next to Carolines house and also used in "Lombard" though I could not find it on Google maps) and goes to the travel agency. In another driving scene at 39:25 in this episode he is leaving a bidirectional road that looks like a descending highway ramp and takes a right turn into a street with a "NW 39"street or Ave sign. I guess both scenes were shot close to each other as the NW 39 and the 3925 can´t be a coincidence due to shooting logistics. I looked around Google Maps the whole day but came up with nothing. Any clues?P.S. the Bunny Berrigan/Lombard mistress house is where on Harbor Drive?

P.S. the Bunny Berrigan/Lombard mistress house is where on Harbor Drive?

Yes' date=' 241 Harbor Dr.[/quote'] thanks. Any clue about the NW 39 (Ferrari right turn from ramp)/3925(travel agency) locations?

thanks. Any clue about the NW 39 (Ferrari right turn from ramp)/3925(travel agency) locations?

I will take a look at NW 39 driving scene in the very near future. The travel agency was : Pacific International Travel, 3923 Alton Road, Miami Beach.