Film clip, info about Scarab38KV/Stinger390X/Endeavour 42

cigarette

The one for sale is an Endeavour 40! 42 was used later.

"From MV wiki: The St. Vitus was portrayed by three different yachts during the course of the show's five seasons. In the pilot episode, Crockett lived on a Cabo Rico 38 sailboat, which changed to an Endeavour 40 once the show was picked up as a series. At the start of Season 2, the boat changed to a larger Endeavour 42, although some footage of the Endeavour 40 was still used in some episodes (likely stock footage filmed during Season 1). By Season 3, the Endeavour 42 was the only boat seen, and would remain so for the rest of the series. It was never stated on the show if these boats were supposed to be the same yacht, or whether they were supposed to be three different vessels each christened the St. Vitus Dance -- however, the use of both the 40 and the 42 during Season 2 implies the former."

Think: sailing the caribbean in a Endeavour42!!! Btw: I know the guy here in Norway that have one of the camera Scarab 38kv used in the series.

Edited by cigarette

From answers.com: Throughout the series, Sonny Crockett lived on an Endeavour sailboat named the St. Vitus' Dance,[50] while in the pilot episode, Crockett is seen on a 38-foot Cabo Rico sailboat.[50] In seasons 1 and 2, he is seen living on an Endeavour 40 sailboat while in the rest of the series (seasons 3 to 5), he is seen living on an Endeavour 42 sailboat (priced at $120,000 in 1986). The allure of the sailboats was such that the Endeavour 42 used for the 1986 season of Miami Vice was sold to a midwest couple, while the Endeavour 40 sailboat, was sold to a chartering service in Fort Lauderdale. At the same time, Endeavour was building a new 42 for the 1987 season of Miami Vice.[50]

From answers.com: Throughout the series, Sonny Crockett lived on an Endeavour sailboat named the St. Vitus' Dance,[50] while in the pilot episode, Crockett is seen on a 38-foot Cabo Rico sailboat.[50] In seasons 1 and 2, he is seen living on an Endeavour 40 sailboat while in the rest of the series (seasons 3 to 5), he is seen living on an Endeavour 42 sailboat (priced at $120,000 in 1986). The allure of the sailboats was such that the Endeavour 42 used for the 1986 season of Miami Vice was sold to a midwest couple, while the Endeavour 40 sailboat, was sold to a chartering service in Fort Lauderdale. At the same time, Endeavour was building a new 42 for the 1987 season of Miami Vice.[50]

Great info cigarette , thankyou :fireworks:  :thumbsup:  :done:  :D 

I actually have a picture of the original boat that DJ actually drove. Here is the dash of that boat.

Hi Stinger,

I remember this boat that was "claimed" as being a MV or DJ boat. But I don't think it's true. As far as I know, the only stinger 390x's that were on camera had no swim platform, a striaght transom.This "claimed" boat had a swim platform that seemed relatively permanent, and I have seen it on other Stingers so I beleive it was a factory option. It wasn't like your Stinger where it was put on with brackets.

Hope these pictures work. Note the back of the boat.

Eingefügtes Bild

Eingefügtes Bild

I remember this boat. I talked to one that mabe wanted buy it, but it was in not good shape he said. also I noticed some stuff that was not orginal. Ill Get back on what.

Yeah I seem to remember the top being white, as I think it was up during the one eyed jack opening scene or in the hitlist part 2 when C and T are talking about angelina on it.

Yes 67supersnake that bottom pic is "APPARENTLY" the show boat(?????)? but your are correct that in the show it did NOT have a swim platform.

The show boat also had the one piece radar arch where mine has a split in it and has twin legs instead of one solid leg.

Also remember that Universal studios leased TWO boats! One was the go-fast boat for the fast shots, and the other was the camera boat used for the rest of the personal shots of the actors up close.

In the episode the Great McCarthy, you can see the windshield surround teak for a split second as the race is ending and the Cary and Stinger are going into the Canal from open water. For a very split second as Crockett is splashing through the waves, the camera boat actually gets a bit of the undeniable teak surround of the window in the lower right side of the screen.

If you see on the top of the chair the blue stripes goes all the way to the top. On the orginal the top of the chair was white! On Stinger390x boat it is white but have a sign. Maybe they redid the chairs- but it is not orginal!

Yes 67supersnake that bottom pic is "APPARENTLY" the show boat(?????)? but your are correct that in the show it did NOT have a swim platform.

The show boat also had the one piece radar arch where mine has a split in it and has twin legs instead of one solid leg.

Also remember that Universal studios leased TWO boats! One was the go-fast boat for the fast shots, and the other was the camera boat used for the rest of the personal shots of the actors up close.

In the episode the Great McCarthy, you can see the windshield surround teak for a split second as the race is ending and the Cary and Stinger are going into the Canal from open water. For a very split second as Crockett is splashing through the waves, the camera boat actually gets a bit of the undeniable teak surround of the window in the lower right side of the screen.

Hi Stinger thanks for the reply,

So if they had one boat for the go fast shots and one for more still shots, as far as I can tell those two boats look the exact same? For example the Stinger in The Great Mccarthy looks the same as the Stinger in One Eyed Jack? So either way, doesn't that confirm that this isn't a show boat? I am postitive that in the show, there were no Stingers that had this fiberglass swim platform on the transom.

, there were no Stingers that had this fiberglass swim platform on the transom.

Agreed but if the guy bought the boat later, he could have also bolted the swim platform on at a later date. Its held on by 8 bolts....

About my seats. - The front drop down bolsters have white as the base and the three coloured stripes are attached loosely at the ends. The crest on the back of the seat is the factory brass "Chris Craft" insignia. The upper headrests have no striping

Eingefügtes Bild

Edited by Stinger390X

Yeah the one that didnt have the spoiler on it and seemed to have a different graphical style to it.

hell it'd probably be easier to track that one down just because of those differences really.