Film clip, info about Scarab38KV/Stinger390X/Endeavour 42

cigarette

• 2 months later...
All I can say after watching these is ...WOW !! For us boat novices, I know the Scarab was used on MV but how about the Stinger?

Just to add Scarab wise

Ive already posted it in another thread but its probably more relevant here.Sonny Burnett - Stinger was used in Season 1 of MV!SJB
Thanks, neworder!:cheers:

One of the best episodes for season one is "The Great McCarthy"It has the boat race in it that circles Miami which portions are used in the beginning credits of the show as well for seasons 2-5

Thanks Stinger. I remember the ep. Is that the Stinger and how close does it resemble the one you apparently have?

The ABSOLUTE twin to the one in the show in every manner such as paint and interior etc.' date=' however mine has an additional feature as I have a swim platform on the back and the boat in the show does not.Mine also has upgrades on the throttles and shifters as there are closups of the dash when Sonny is pushing the throttles forward. Those were the old twin sticks from the eighties but I had mine replaced with separate shifters for the velvet drive transmissions so I have four levers - two short ones for shifters and two tall ones for throttles.Much better and far superior setup than the old school method.[img']http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n202/ve3lt/mv7e1.jpg

I actually have a picture of the original boat that DJ actually drove. Here is the dash of that boat.

Now THAT's cool. Where/when did you get to see it? Thnx

I can't take the credit for these.The ACTUAL boat was posted somewhere on MV.org (the other site) some time ago and I remember seeing them so I copied the pics. I can't remember exactly where they are located but you could find them. There are lots of pics of the original boat inside and out and it's sad to say but it has seen better days...My boat has aged very gracefully where as the original boat has a few bruises.Take a look at the .org site and do a search. You should be able to find it....

• 2 months later...

Great Vid Jim. I have to get my friend out with his camera. He promised me this past summer he would do it, but one thing led to another........you know?Next summer I will definitely have to get some good video of the Stinger.By the way, tomorrow I am looking at a Ford F-600 for a hauler. Its a fixer-upper but I hope to have it ready for the Thousand Island poker run. I hope we can get together in Brockville and do a cruise in together like I suggested during the Poker Run. It should turn a few heads and hopefully get on TSN (or Canadian Sports network)Catch you later ..........

• 2 weeks later...

Camera Boat Used IN the Show ?Twin yes, but here is another 'real' one posted...Not a MV Edition, but the claimed to be the original camera boat

Yes that is the actual boat used in season 2-3 I think? My friend Jim owns it and I hope we can get together this coming summer with our boats at the Thousand Island Poker Run.I had a short chat with Jim on the web here and he told me a bit about the boat. It IS the actual boat used and is documented. Mine however is just a copy.Don't forget they used many boats in MV but the main ones were the two main boats...Stinger 390X season one, and then the Wellcraft Scarab KV for the rest of the series.The pilot episode had another Stinger in it but it was an 1984 model with a different paint scheme.

Miami Vice 'Edition'...here is the 'claimed' real McCoy:A recent late summer post (Aug 2008) showed what surely looks like the 'real' Scarab tooling around Erie, just off of Toledo area. Owned by some folks in the Findley OH area...

I actually have a picture of the original boat that DJ actually drove. Here is the dash of that boat.

I have all the photos from this boat taht was out on "ticpic". I talked to a man who was going to buy it and it was in crap condition. Also it is not the boat that was used. Many things that was wrong- I talked to the owner and suddenly he said it was same type of model as the one used in MV

• 4 weeks later...
Yes that is the actual boat used in season 2-3 I think? My friend Jim owns it and I hope we can get together this coming summer with our boats at the Thousand Island Poker Run.I had a short chat with Jim on the web here and he told me a bit about the boat. It IS the actual boat used and is documented. Mine however is just a copy.Don't forget they used many boats in MV but the main ones were the two main boats...Stinger 390X season one' date=' and then the Wellcraft Scarab KV for the rest of the series.The pilot episode had another Stinger in it but it was an 1984 model with a different paint scheme.[/quote']they also used a black and silver scarab III you can see it in yankee dollar and in phil the shill when sonny and rico are sitting in the scarab and the zoom out shot shows the scarab III sitting on the opposite seawall when they were surveilleing kyra sedgewick's boyfriend on the yacht

• 5 years later...

The first St.Vitus from season 1 was sold for 110000usd in 1985. A new one was leased for the other seasons: http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=950&dat=19850824&id=8WxQAAAAIBAJ&sjid=9FkDAAAAIBAJ&pg=5272,2117044

Cool story. Wonder where it is now?

I was looking at a used Endeavour a couple of years ago and it was in mint condition and still 95 grand asking price!

There were only very limited numbers of 42 foots for sale, if I remember correctly it was 66 built or something like that, so they are a rare boat for sure!

We have a smaller 36 here in our marina. It's a nice boat and the owner wants to sell it but it is a far cry from the 42. The 42 had a centre console with the big wheel for steering. The little 36 here in our marina has a tiller and the cabin is very small. If you remember the show, the cabin when Sonny was living on the boat was a pretty decent size!

Edited by Stinger390X