Miami Vice The final show. Article

cigarette

In a couple of episodes toward the end of the series, wasn't there a group (team) of younger vice cops, one of which Crockett kind of took under his wing? In the primary episode I am thinking of, the team had infiltrated a college campus and the target was a professor.My guess is that is what they were dreaming up? If I remember correctly, that episode was worse than "Where the busses don't run."

The finale this unreliable "source" describes sounds a hell of a lot better than the episode we actually ended up with. Bringing Calderone back would've made C&T's actions a lot more urgent and explainable, while also harkening back to the series' earliest days.

• 4 weeks later...
In a couple of episodes toward the end of the series' date=' wasn't there a group (team) of younger vice cops, one of which Crockett kind of took under his wing? In the primary episode I am thinking of, the team had infiltrated a college campus and the target was a professor."[/quote']The awful "Leap Of Faith" episode. From what I remember Crockett's in it for about 30 seconds and Tubbs and the rest of the real cast aren't in it at all.It was one of 3 episodes to air on NBC AFTER "Freefall". The obvious idea was to do a spinoff that copied "21 Jump Street", but fortunately that never happened and we're only left with the 40-odd excruciating minutes of "LoF".

It isn't that bad. I actually think it's good.I don't see what's so bad about it. It opens with one of the best songs ever, Harden is a great character, Professor Baine is a great villain, the story is good, there's some hot girlys, there is some excellent scenery and location work (I'm going to see and get pictures of the college from the ep on Virginia Key next time I'm in Miami). I don't think any of the acting or characterisation was bad. And there's a Morrissey lookalike with glasses in the episode!It's an unfairly maligned lost good episode. People should give it more of a chance

• 6 months later...

Band of the hand was the movie that the studio used to test the waters to see if a spinoff was possible the reviews of the movie were poor so they scrapped the spinoff

Great Article ' date=' thanks . "Leap of Faith" was so poor - there was no chance of spin off show.[/quote']Your welcome. It's mine. It's from my scrapbook.

• 7 months later...

Hi, everyone! This article has made me awfully curious. Does anyone know anything about those "alternative endings?" Were they ever aired, or is there any other possibility to see them? Like on DVD, or from the Internet? If they were really filmed, they have to be somewhere... I hope... Oh, and... thanks for the article, C&B and Cigarette, whoever it belongs to... :)

• Administrators

This article is the only place I've ever heard about alternate endings. I'm sure they're impossible to find and most likely locked up in a vault somewhere if they exist at all. The article has plenty of mistakes. No way calderone was making a comeback! :eek: