Miami Dolphins

miami.joe

2 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Last night safety Minkah Fitzpatrick walked across the stage in Dallas to be congratulated as the Dolphin's first draft pick this year.  One commentator remarked that he was ready for South Beach since he was wearing a white suit like Crockett from Miami Vice.

Why Minkah Fitzpatrick Was THE Right Pick - PhinsNews.mp4

MV will always be associated with certain images and topics :thumbsup:

On 27/04/2018 at 6:32 PM, Dadrian said:

MV will always be associated with certain images and topics :thumbsup:

Of course and always will be 

Miami and Miami Vice are intertwinned :hippie:

• 3 years later...
vor 7 Minuten schrieb miamijimf:

270072425_5307677769245708_2123578981327209047_n.jpg.56ba16e0cb9414965b61dcccd61173f6.jpg

The Freedom Tower today:

270006995_5299757400037745_1350825224836152069_n.thumb.jpg.e7dd0566101000f80a6e3b0e158b1404.jpg

Yeah, I saw the win last night against the Saints and it rocked!

First time ever in the NFL that a team started with 0-7 and then had 7 wins in a row. If the regular season was over today the Dolphins would be in the play-offs.

Only two rounds to go: against the Titans and then against the Patriots. I still believe they can make it to the play-offs after a long time of waiting....

• Like 1

Ya it's looking positive.  The Saints were a crippled team with a rookie QB and missing a lot of players but they still had a strong defense.  Remember they shut out Tom Brady and the Bucks last week.  If the Fins win out they will be in the playoffs, or move up in the rankings, but they still have to face two of the best teams to win out.  Can they do it - yes, it's highly possible.  To do it their offense needs to be more consistent and Tua needs to avoid the interceptions.  If they make the playoffs (even if they lose quickly) it will be a giant step forward.

tenor.gif.0f52918c11cd685a9181a17f3e956298.gif

Edited by miamijimf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

vor 15 Minuten schrieb miamijimf:

Ya it's looking positive.  The Saints were a crippled team with a rookie QB and missing a lot of players but they still had a strong defense.  Remember they shut out Tom Brady and the Bucks last week.  If the Fins win out they will be in the playoffs, or move up in the rankings, but they still have to face two of the best teams to win out.  Can they do it - yes, it's highly possible.  To do it their offense needs to be more consistent and Tua needs to avoid the interceptions.  If they make the playoffs (even if they lose quickly) it will be a giant step forward.

tenor.gif.0f52918c11cd685a9181a17f3e956298.gif

Yeah, Tua fell for some unnecessary interceptions again and the Saints had the rookie (the 5th QB this season!) QB. What makes me confident is: the good offensive runs, the excellent sacks per game stats of the defense and that, as we´ve seen a lot this season - any team can win against anyone. 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 2

The Dolphins really took the hard way back to respectability; they looked in good shape to begin the season, went completely south (or stayed south, as it were), but now they're where most of us thought they'd be all along. Those 2021 Dolphins really are something. With this particular NFL season with no dominant team (the Ravens certainly have gone sideways), I feel that anything could happen.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Wow! The Dolphins last minute victory 42:38 against the Ravens was something different! 8 minutes into the 4th quarter the Dolphins were 21 points behind.

Tua has an offense with Waddle and Hill that has really a chance this year to get to the play-offs (after 20+years).. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

@miamijimf

I´m still baffled what the Dolphins pulled off yesterday against the Broncos.

• Unbelievable 70-20 win
  • second highest score in NFL history (only 2 points missing, 55+years since)
  • 10 TDs in 12 possessions(!)
  • 723 yards total run (second highest in NFL history, only 7 yards short of a new record!)

And: Tua did not play in 4Q, Waddle did not even play yesterday at all.

I have never seen so many 30+yard runs in one game. This was an epic game that will be discussed for a long time...

Now we Dolphins fans have a season where everything is possible. And a team with many great players (Waddle, Hill, Tua, Mostert, Achane, ...) and impressive stats.

Summary video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmW4z9yhmN8&feature=onebox

• Like 1

Ya it was an amazing performance.  I've been a Dolphin fan since I attended their first regular season game in 1966 but this team has the potential to be their best team ever.  It's been a long drought for us fans and we deserve to enjoy it.  I am hopeful but there is a lot of football yet to be played this year and this is the NFL.  The fact that they didn't kick the field goal at the end to set the NFL all-time scoring record and further embarrass the Broncos showed a lot of class.

19511596_10213036905699132_4909504336563347455_n.jpg.1f5ef2ffcd7336564a969f25a804a496.jpg

Edited by miamijimf

Yes, an amazing win.  As a kid I was a Dolphins fan.  Even had the poster of Larry Csonka hanging in my bedroom. I cheered this team on when Dan Marino took them to the Super Bowl.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
vor 5 Stunden schrieb miamijimf:

At this point in the season, and hopefully for the remainder of the year, you can honestly say this.

1015231667377443897.jpg.687b20e03c2c427596202cb17349869f.jpg

Yes the best offense in all major stats. Most running yards, passing yards, etc.

But I am getting worried about the defense which is only 27th of 32 teams. DC Fangio needs to manage this otherwise any offense weakness gets lethal like last week in the first quarter against Carolina that was a 0-5 team at this point and ran the defense into the ground.

• Like 1

Yes no team has ever won a Superbowl without a great defense.  I've seen the Fins defense make some great plays so far this season.  Hopefully they can keep it up.

Edited by miamijimf

Even though I am a Dolphins fan, I am a Michigan native so if Super Bowl LVIII is a matchup between the Dolphins and the Lions I will be cheering for the Lions.  

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 4:54 PM, miamijimf said:

Ya it was an amazing performance.  I've been a Dolphin fan since I attended their first regular season game in 1966 but this team has the potential to be their best team ever.  It's been a long drought for us fans and we deserve to enjoy it.  I am hopeful but there is a lot of football yet to be played this year and this is the NFL.  The fact that they didn't kick the field goal at the end to set the NFL all-time scoring record and further embarrass the Broncos showed a lot of class.

19511596_10213036905699132_4909504336563347455_n.jpg.1f5ef2ffcd7336564a969f25a804a496.jpg

Great win and game - throughly enjoyed.

On 10/19/2023 at 4:28 AM, Vicefan7777 said:

Even though I am a Dolphins fan, I am a Michigan native so if Super Bowl LVIII is a matchup between the Dolphins and the Lions I will be cheering for the Lions.  

Both great.

• Like 1