Ep. 34 Definitely Miami

MVfan

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I have been reading the posts on .org for a long time, but wasn't able to join until I discovered a link to this site.Definitely Miami is one of my favorite episodes for several reasons, partially the scenery and the locations that were used. I've seen some posts on .org regarding the hotel pool that was used near the beginning of the episode, but I was wondering if someone could tell me the location of the beach that was used in the scene where Sonny is walking with Callie. It was shot in a way that makes it appear that they've walked out of her hotel, down a wooden stairway and onto the beach to talk. Is this the beach where the hotel with "Callie's pool" is located (I believe it's been confirmed to now be a Sheraton), or was this beach located somewhere else?I'm also curious to know if this is the same beach where they shot the final scene of the episode.

Does anyone know where the interior shots were done, such as the hotel bar where Sonny and Rico find the bartender who had been working at the pool bar the day before? Just wondering if these shots were done at the same hotel, or someplace else.

• Administrators

Ya know, I don't appreciate you asking for my girlfriend's phone number.I have it, but she is only is talking to me.:p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Regarding the beach safehouse at 7747 Atlantic Way , Miami Beach ( nr the old Blue Waters site ) . Does any one have a photo or a link to a picture of this building. I believe airtommy found it on .org but couldnt find the info.

Regarding the beach safehouse at 7747 Atlantic Way ' date=' Miami Beach ( nr the old Blue Waters site ) . Does any one have a photo or a link to a picture of this building. I believe airtommy found it on .org but couldnt find the info.[/quote']Matt,You are talking about the safehouse that Sonny and Calie walked to- right? If you read SOFLAJEREMY's post of 29 June 06 he and DanJ discovered that the original house had been torn down and replaced by another. This post has a pic of the new house. http://www.miami-vice.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7628&KW=7747&PN=1

• 1 year later...

Here is a beautiful aerial shot of the pool deck of the Barcelona hotel from the teaser of "Definitely Miami," where C&T sit and watch Cassie while they wait for their contact.This is in the bottom part of the picture, slightly left of center. The east leg of the deck is now history, the north leg still stands. Above it, the REAL Fontainebleau, not the abortion that it has now become. Note that the mural had not yet been painted.Cue up "Europa," crack a bottle of DP, and get ready to test your immunity...Eingefügtes BildP.S. In this picture, the beach had not yet been widened.

• Like 1

Also, note at the top of the picture in the middle of the canal is St. Francis Hospital, now history, where Noogie did his "Superman" rap at the end of "Cool Running."

I'm confused here. What has been torn down - the safe house itself or a house next to it that we see on the way there?

• 11 months later...
  • 8 years later...

I've been snooping around the Definitely Miami locations out west in Medley.   You can pull over on the Turnpike and get a nice look at the sandy road the victim & Sonny drive on:

https://goo.gl/maps/D4zGxUXA5JDY9rTs9

The sand dunes location where Ted Nugent does his ripoff deals seems totally inaccessible.  However, I noticed a nearby place called White Rock Quarries which is similar: 

https://goo.gl/maps/NSAxsXAevqGh8oDc7

It seems you can get pretty close to it on NW 186th St and maybe also on NW 122nd Ave.  It's not the Def Miami location, but it has very much the same "feel" to it.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, airtommy said:

I've been snooping around the Definitely Miami locations out west in Medley.   You can pull over on the Turnpike and get a nice look at the sandy road the victim & Sonny drive on:

https://goo.gl/maps/D4zGxUXA5JDY9rTs9

The sand dunes location where Ted Nugent does his ripoff deals seems totally inaccessible.  However, I noticed a nearby place called White Rock Quarries which is similar: 

https://goo.gl/maps/NSAxsXAevqGh8oDc7

It seems you can get pretty close to it on NW 186th St and maybe also on NW 122nd Ave.  It's not the Def Miami location, but it has very much the same "feel" to it.

Makes me wanna cryyyyyyyy ;(

:p

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

I drive past that on my way to work everyday. Been meaning to snap up a few pics. I'll get around to it eventually. Probably will do it on a day off, during sunset since it faces west, in my Crockett clothes, of course lol.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TylerDurden389 said:

I drive past that on my way to work everyday. Been meaning to snap up a few pics. I'll get around to it eventually. Probably will do it on a day off, during sunset since it faces west, in my Crockett clothes, of course lol.

Super cool.