Filming Locations of Nash Bridges : Episode #1 " Genesis "

Matt5

Episode #1 " Genesis " The Rotunda ( Temp Police Dept ) http://www.rotundabuildingoakland.com/ The Opening Sequence where Rick was hanging above the SF streets and the subsequent chase with the big red-lit letters in the b/g was filmed at Hills Bro Coffee Co right near the Bay Bridge http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=q8yf7w4t0tjv&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=13263247&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&cid=9AC27965F5C2F0F5!405&encType=1 The End Sequence - Dinner Scene/ Nash at Fishermans Wharf This was filmed at Fishermans Wharf in front of Alioto's Restaurant Pier 8 -9. The Parking lot in front was used extensively in that scene also http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=q918g74sytb8&style=b&lvl=2&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=13246659&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&cid=9AC27965F5C2F0F5!405&encType=1

• Like 1

Episode #7 /Season 1 : " ALOHA NASH " The end shootout scene in the diner with Cynthia Nixon ( from "Sex and the City" ) and where Rick was pushed into the water ! - was filmed here at Red's Java House, Pier 30 and further along Pier 30 @ The Embacadero, nr Bay Bridge. Pier 30 was also where the Cannery / Floating S.i.u. was in later Seasons 4-6 http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=q8y5f34t0zmh&style=b&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=13309167&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&cid=9AC27965F5C2F0F5!405&encType=1

• 9 years later...

There’s a really cool teaser in a “Nash Bridges” episode - I think it’s Season 1. Where DJ and the group try to disarm a bomb they don’t and DJ casually walks out before it goes off - very cool scene. This was the theatre that we saw in that scene - The Paramount Theatre, Oakland in SAN Fransisco:hippie:

3F3F1984-3DA4-4A3D-941F-F5BA9975E416.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tony D. said:

You know a lot about Nash Bridges, Matt & must be a big fan! :thumbsup:

Of course Tony it was a Don Johnson vehicle - created, executive produced and starring our hero it was also produced by the Don Johnson Company. :hippie::cheers:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

My mom and dad visited San Francisco many years ago.  Could not tell you exactly where, but my mom went shopping and my dad stayed in the hotel and watched Nash Bridges filming.

One of the armorers for Nash was the armorer for the 2 SWAT teams I was on. 

In his shop he showed me this cool rubber half-cast of the custom .38 Super 1911 Jim Zubiena  designed for DJ and used in the series.  It was only the rear tang/grip of the gun, fully painted /detailed, then a couple inches of raw rubber.  

He told me that it was used for scenes when the gun was visible in the shoulder holster under DJ’s sport coat but he wasn’t going to be drawing it.  He said the actual hero prop 1911, with its compensated barrel, really printed and was too visible under the coat, so the 1/3 rubber gun was made up so gun could show from the open front of the coat but not stick out from under his arm in the back.

He also told a story of having to chase DJ down on more than one occasion to get his hero gun back from him before he left the set at the end of the day.  Apparently DJ really liked the gun and was always “forgetting” to turn it in and trying to “take it home.”  

Also said he really liked DJ, that he was funny and friendly on set, and that he trained hard with his guns.  (Zubiena said the same of DJ during MV.) 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 1:53 AM, damrod said:

My mom and dad visited San Francisco many years ago.  Could not tell you exactly where, but my mom went shopping and my dad stayed in the hotel and watched Nash Bridges filming.

Great story Damrod it’s a great city 

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

The great car chase in the 1996 pilot episode “Genesis” where the bad guys rammed Nash’s cuda down a steep street passing all the Father Christmas’s (filmed December 1995) was shot from California street opposite the famous Fairmont Hotel down past Pine on Mason street. It was a great scene.

E4B06DAC-6566-423F-BEF0-F69D97D069DC.jpeg

Edited by Matt5

A great behind the scenes shot from Pier 29 of Don and Cheech in San Francisco whilst filming the “Nash Bridges” reunion movie in May 2021 ~ which aired a year ago.

Don was the Exec Producer and showrunner on the project, written by Bill Chais.

DCA570A4-B469-47DD-91B0-B5C8C7F0704B.jpeg

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2