What Should We Add To The Forum?

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Slowly but surely we are adding info to .ws. We are copying some of it from .org too. Please let me know what info we might have missed or what you'd like to see transferred from .org over to .ws I've been asked about individual topics but without the original members doing the posting they don't transfer very well or make much sense. In this case I would suggest just starting the topic over. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timm525

• Ferrariman

• Dadrian

• Shill

• 1 month later...

has someone suggested this?:in the episode guide, add links go straght to those locations on the location map. does that make sense? that would probably take a lot of work.i've also noticed some of the location descriptions on the location map have been translated to english. it would be great if they were all translated to engish. again, that's probably a lot a work.

• Administrators
has someone suggested this?:in the episode guide' date=' add links go straght to those locations on the location map. does that make sense? that would probably take a lot of work.i've also noticed some of the location descriptions on the location map have been translated to english. it would be great if they were all translated to engish. again, that's probably a lot a work.[/quote']Yes, it is a lot of work. But we can share work if you can tell me which locations have to be translated. I'll translate them and update the location map.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes' date=' it is a lot of work. But we can share work if you can tell me which locations have to be translated. I'll translate them and update the location map.[/quote']This needs translating into English. Thanks!User settings for entries Enter PoI / events Diese Funktion steht für Ihre Benutzergruppe leider nicht zur Verfügung.Bitte wende Sie sich an den Administrator.Also here:Administration Impressum HaftungsausschlussAlso, this was under the "Special Menu" tag at the top of the home page:Erster Bereich im Menü Link 1 Donation list Zweiter Bereich im Menü Link 3 Link 4 Link 5

Slowly but surely we are adding info to .ws. We are copying some of it from .org too. Please let me know what info we might have missed or what you'd like to see transferred from .org over to .ws I've been asked about individual topics but without the original members doing the posting they don't transfer very well or make much sense. In this case I would suggest just starting the topic over. Thanks!

Oh I thought you couldn't transfer stuff from Org. that that was one of the things that were being said? I mean unless it's a topic done by one person for example, Coop. But I haven't been there in a long time and I am not going back so I don't remember a lot of things there that aren't here and new things are popping up on WS. Thanks Sue

caipi-what if we put small images of my album art next to the respective file on my download page? too much trouble?i can email you some thumbnail sized ones if you think it's a good idea. no biggie, it just crossed my mind.

• Administrators
caipi-what if we put small images of my album art next to the respective file on my download page? too much trouble?i can email you some thumbnail sized ones if you think it's a good idea. no biggie' date=' it just crossed my mind.[/quote']Hi Dadrian,please email me the thumbnails and I do my very best :D

The feasibility in today's current "state of internet" might not be great, but it never hurts to ask, eh? :DWhen I originally started frequenting the other site, the thing that really got me hooked on it were the episode guides AND the music info. Each episode, or at least a great majority of them, had lists of all the songs each episode had, and links to where previews of each song could be heard.This was how I found many of the songs by Collins and Gabriel I didn't initially recognize, and where some songs that were only played briefly in an episode, like a current favorite of mine: Billy Idol's Flesh for Fantasy, I could also find and get to hear the whole thing (and thus determine if I truly did like the song). :radio:Again, it'd be hard, but the music bit would be a great service, as those looking for a particular song from a certain episode would have the resources to find it here, and have it be up to them where they could, if they wanted, attain the whole thing for themselves... via... whatever methods... they deem.... necesarry... :radar:(Hell, even just the song list for each episode would be great! It'd be enough to help me when I need it, and people love lists... ;))

• Administrators
The feasibility in today's current "state of internet" might not be great' date=' but it never hurts to ask, eh? :DWhen I originally started frequenting the other site, the thing that really got me hooked on it were the episode guides AND the music info. Each episode, or at least a great majority of them, had lists of all the songs each episode had, and links to where previews of each song could be heard.This was how I found many of the songs by Collins and Gabriel I didn't initially recognize, and where some songs that were only played briefly in an episode, like a current favorite of mine: Billy Idol's Flesh for Fantasy, I could also find and get to hear the whole thing (and thus determine if I truly did like the song). :radio:Again, it'd be hard, but the music bit would be a great service, as those looking for a particular song from a certain episode would have the resources to find it here, and have it be up to them where they could, if they wanted, attain the whole thing for themselves... via... whatever methods... they deem.... necesarry... :radar:(Hell, even just the song list for each episode would be great! It'd be enough to help me when I need it, and people love lists... ;))[/quote']Have you checked out our Glossary?Also, stay tuned, a lot more stuff is in the works as we speak!

• Administrators

Did you already check out our glossary? We have a complete episode guide with all songs, Jan Hammer tracks, locations...Check out season 1 for example.

mr. burnett' date=' have you looked in the "glossary"?[/quote']
Have you checked out our Glossary?Also' date=' stay tuned, a lot more stuff is in the works as we speak![/quote']
Did you already check out our glossary? We have a complete episode guide with all songs' date=' Jan Hammer tracks, locations...Check out season 1 for example.
have you checked our "glossary"? :)we are really proud of it :) :)

• Administrators
Oh I thought you couldn't transfer stuff from Org. that that was one of the things that were being said? I mean unless it's a topic done by one person for example' date=' Coop. But I haven't been there in a long time and I am not going back so I don't remember a lot of things there that aren't here and new things are popping up on WS. Thanks Sue[/quote']Sue, just to clarify that statement by me. It was made at a time before all of this happened. It was also back when nobody knew if there would be an .org so I wanted to save what I could. Whether the intent (to steal things as some put it) was there or not things just can't be transferred that easily and it's my understanding (not really sure on this) that to transfer things directly I would need access to .org's database. Most of the things that members wanted transferred were discussion topics they had started such as Jim "The Hitman" Zubiena's Q&A. or the location threads. Unless you have all the original members reposting their comments it just doesn't work so all we can do is start fresh.

MisunderstandingLou, Tifany PM'd me about Topics being copied & pasted from .org to .ws . She talked about copyrights she & Martijn had to get, and I think it is her confusion of the English language that always causes trouble! She may have called it "stealing" ......you were insulted ........and the whole moderator firing & banning resulted.I believe this whole sad mess is because of original misunderstandings.I actually feel sick over all that has gone down! :cry:

• Administrators

Tony, I have been reading Tif's posts long enough to be able to understand most of them. Believe me, there were no misunderstandings in those PM's to me. In fact the very first PM saying my services were no longer needed just came out of the blue and when I asked why the accusations started. Finally when I saw old banned members return and being welcomed with open arms (the same members that Tifany previously thanked me for banning) I knew I was done there. Topics were posted and everybody read them. I didn't persuade or twist anyone's arm to follow me here. The people read the topics and made their choice. It's the members who make a site what it is and no insult intended but Tif & Martijn simply are not in tune with the membership. I think the end result speaks for itself.