What Should We Add To The Forum?

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Not sure, I'm out of my league with that stuff.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timm525

• Ferrariman

• Dadrian

• Shill

Thanks guys for considering the idea at least! It would be a bit of an indulgence... Trouble with the gif approach I imagine is the larger file sizes and ultimately that will affect load times. Not sure what the limitations are but if it helped I guess I could create an album of the photos in the photo area instead and then perhaps the avatar image could have some kind of script linking it to one random image in the album instead? That way I guess you don't have to double-up database space and as you only drag one image at a time from the database I'm guessing it won't drastically affect thread load times?

• Administrators

Unfortunately that's not that easy.As Timm mentioned the files would be very large. That would slow down the forum speed.And I don't know how to handle it that the avatar changes every time you click on a new thread. Therefore you need a lot of experience in Java and HTML an such things I don't have...

:evil: Are you volunteering for this linking job? :evil:Just kidding. I'll do if if the team thinks it is a good idea. Not really that much work and if it makes this board a better place than I'm all for it!Great suggestion nofretz!What do ya think team?

Might be a good idea if I was AMERICAN!!!That damn Hula does not work outside the United States of America. And with me being up here in the Great White North just above our friendly neighbours to the south, they will not allow me the privilage of looking at videos on Hula for some reason?I would think our many friends abroad will also have the same problem viewing Hula beit Germany, Netherlands or Australia???Chime in people and let us know if it works...

• Administrators

Yea we abandon this idea for that exact reason. Too many members outside the US would not have been able to view the eps. Great idea, just not practical.

Might be a good idea if I was AMERICAN!!!That damn Hula does not work outside the United States of America. And with me being up here in the Great White North just above our friendly neighbours to the south' date=' they will not allow me the privilage of looking at videos on Hula for some reason?I would think our many friends abroad will also have the same problem viewing Hula beit Germany, Netherlands or Australia???Chime in people and let us know if it works...[/quote']Doesn't work for me, never has. Haven't tried it at my school (been making a website) but I will if I get some spare time.

• Administrators

Sorry Gina, it is my understanding that this web site will only work in America. :cry:This is why we did not add it to the board. It would not be fair to the members outside of America.

I know the Strange News sub-frum is new, but when someone posts a thread or a reply there, it doesn't appear on the index under "Latest Threads."

• Administrators
I know the Strange News sub-frum is new' date=' but when someone posts a thread or a reply there, it doesn't appear on the index under "Latest Threads."[/quote']That is strange news indeed! ;)

• Administrators
I know the Strange News sub-frum is new' date=' but when someone posts a thread or a reply there, it doesn't appear on the index under "Latest Threads."[/quote']
That is strange news indeed! ;)
New sub-forum don't appear in the latest threads box automatically. We have to add new sub-forums manually. I didn't notice, there's a new sub forum.I added the strange news forum to the latest threads box.

• 2 months later...

Recommend a 25th banner like the other two with Noogy, Izzy, Evan and other favorite characters, and Gina and Trudy... and CASTILLO drinking a a cafe Cubano! I would do this if my Photoshop capabilities were better, maybe you saw my "Gina pops out of birthday cake" rendering with the - third arm coming out of Gina's back. :p And SWIIIIITEKKKK And Power Station (Bang a Gong) - Andy Taylor (Duran Duran)And Ted Nugent and Definitely Miami...and, and, and, and...

• Administrators

We tried desperately to have a 25th banner made but our photoshop experts were simply too busy with life to get it done for the date. I guess we could still get one made if enough fans think it's a good idea?

• 2 weeks later...

what if we added a field in the profile area to list your favorite episode. i think that has a lot to do with your ID here. just a thought...

what if we added a field in the profile area to list your favorite episode. i think that has a lot to do with your ID here. just a thought...

Evan as default

tough to argue that!

• Administrators

OK, profile field added. You can now post your favorite ep.Go to user cp > edit your details > at the very bottom of the page.:cheers: