Episode 9 - Glades

miamijimf

Posted: 09 November 2007 at 12:50pm by airtommyExcellent. Eingefügtes BildThis corner looked like a good candidate on VE, but then I dismissed it since it was facing away from the expressway.

Posted: 09 November 2007 at 8:39pm by SOFLAJEREMYThe old man sitting on the bus bench. Seen in both ep 9 and 10. There is a 4 digit address on the building behind him but I cannot make it out can you

Posted: 10 November 2007 at 12:38am by airtommyOriginally posted by SOFLAJEREMYThe old man sitting on the bus bench. Seen in both ep 9 and 10. There is a 4 digit address on the building behind him but I cannot make it out can youI don't see it at all.

Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:30pm by SOFLAJEREMYOriginally posted by airtommyOriginally posted by SOFLAJEREMYThe old man sitting on the bus bench. Seen in both ep 9 and 10. There is a 4 digit address on the building behind him but I cannot make it out can youI don't see it at all. above his head slightly to the right there is a small arrow pointing to the right, above that is a 4 digit address but I cant be sure of the number

Posted: 12 November 2007 at 10:49pm by SOFLAJEREMYlast two digits are 59 second I am pretty sure is a 5 and first maybe 1 or poss 5 best guess is 1559

• 1 year later...

Thanks to both of you for the kind words. I appreciate the input and hope people enjoy the site as much as I do. I plan on going to LA this fall to photograph those sites, You are right though , they did not travel around Miami much in this episode.

• Like 1

Your two photos of the plane landing near the end are particularly interesting from a historical perspective.In the present day photo on the right, you can see short white Fisher Island buildings with red tile roofs and the tall condo towers on the southern tip of Miami Beach. In the MV screen shot on the left, all we see are Fisher Island trees.

• 2 months later...

Suprising to find out the drive to the Everglades was shot North on 75 on Alligator Alley west of Fort Lauderdale - I alwayd thought it looked like the Tamiami Trail which they shot on for "Bad Timing" - Alligator Alley is quite a way north . :DJudging by this aerial has AA been extended to two way snce 1984. http://www.skypic.com/everglades/5-9601.jpg

• 1 year later...
Holy f*ck' date=' it's ridiculous![/quote']Very sad very sad. Also sad (not to get to far off such an important and truely sad story) is the article by the Huffington post. How can those idiots get so many things wrong on such a short and basic story. Do any of those idiots know what a bulldozer is. How can you use words in an article and not even know what they mean. The fact that the writter does not know it was a back hoe and no one proof read the article before publishing, explains allot about the post.

Very sad very sad. Also sad (not to get to far off such an important and truely sad story) is the article by the Huffington post. How can those idiots get so many things wrong on such a short and basic story. Do any of those idiots know what a bulldozer is. How can you use words in an article and not even know what they mean. The fact that the writter does not know it was a back hoe and no one proof read the article before publishing' date=' explains allot about the post.[/color']

I am so glad I got there to see it several years ago and enjoy a well-deserved beer pulled out of an ice-filled barrel (their way of cooling drinks) on a very hot & humid Miami day. I suppose this will either become another paved car park or condos for the seriously rich ... RIP Jimbo's
  • Like 1

I am so glad I got there to see it several years ago and enjoy a well-deserved beer pulled out of an ice-filled barrel (their way of cooling drinks) on a very hot & humid Miami day. I suppose this will either become another paved car park or condos for the seriously rich ... RIP Jimbo's

Yes condos which at present are half empty :thumbsdown::D

I went last year and so Im glad too I got to see it before closed and demolished by the City :thumbsup:

I think condos are unlikely. Most likely it will just be a vacant lot, possibly a parking lot. What a waste. If anyone in City Govt. had any sense they would have cleaned it up a little and had it as a film park. A public park with the buildings preserved to use in photo shoots, advertisements and t.v. shows and movies. I do not think they realize how often Jimbo's was used for this purpose. I think when I get a chance I may add a Jimbo's page to my site with screen captures from different shows and movies that filmed there and a collection of some of the photos I have taken over the years. If you have print ads or something of interest please let me know.

I went last year and so Im glad too I got to see it before closed and demolished by the City :thumbsup:

With hindsight, I wish I had gone there when I was in the city last September as I passed it to get to snorkel at Bill Baggs state park. How sad - there's one less iconic MV place to revisit on my next trip to Miami :cry:

With hindsight' date=' I wish I had gone there when I was in the city last September as I passed it to get to snorkel at Bill Baggs state park. How sad - there's one less iconic MV place to revisit on my next trip to Miami :cry:[/quote']A real shame . I agree that I couldnt see condos going up in that area but another vacant lot possibly. Its like The Ramrod and all the buildings on that side of the block all gone but car/vacant lots in their place - crazy :thumbsdown: also the same with The Senator .:D

• 1 year later...

An episode filmed in the majority on Virginia Key near and in Jimbos Place - much like "Bad Timing" which shot extensively in Virginia Key Jimbos is now closed unfortunately but I managed to visit in 2011 - here is a shot from that trip . Jimbos was featured in Episodes from Season 1-5 including "Glades", "When Irish Eyes are crying ", "The Afternoon Plane", "Cuba Libre ", "World of Trouble" and "Line of Fire" .:thumbsup::D[ATTACH=CONFIG]8222[/ATTACH]

post-122-13892965761476_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

8222[/ATTACH]

Good photo of Jimbo's, never seen this one. If OK with you I will use it in the next edition of my book.

Good photo of Jimbo's' date=' never seen this one. If OK with you I will use it in the next edition of my book.[/quote']Of course Jim , my pleasure . Im just pleased you,Tom and SoflaJeremy enjoy them and any others also.:D:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

During the montage on Alligator Alley they are driving west towards Naples - is this the bridge they go over on that road ?Is it the fourth bridge in on the road from Weston ? I aim to visit this stretch in February

• Like 1