Episode 9 - Glades

miamijimf

1 hour ago, daytona365 said:

Clearly. just look at the pics in my post above. The first one is from 'Glades'. Same camera perspective, same parked cars, the bum on the sidewalk...it's all identical. Just that in the movie the shot follows Stallone and his partner across the street, while in the teaser of 'Glades' it's a static shot without the actors and only some traffic moving in the background. Likely some outtakes.

https://dai.ly/x6h4bce 

Great Thankyou! 

• 2 years later...

LAST LOCATION FOUND: HARRY´s BAR

@miamijimf@Dadrian @airtommy

This is not my favorite episode and I just realized that there is one major location missing: Harry´s bar. After I studied the scenes in the bar, especially the wide shot in the beginning, I quickly realized that the background wall pattern is similar to the wall in the club in Dutch Oven. 

Comparing both episodes carefully brought proof: Harry´s, the foxy boxing bar, was filmed inside Fire and Ice Discotheque, which was at 3841 NE 2 Ave in Miami Design District. (which was a very seedy area back in 1984/85) and one of the first cool clubs in Downtown Miami. See comparison below with full match of all parts of the wall structure and the entrance in the background.

Also the distinctive red bar counter with grooves is a full match. On an old wolfson archives video inside Fire and Ice we also see the red columns with beige walls we see in the first scene in Glades.

P.S. Fire and Ice was close to Venetian Causeway where the subsequent car drive starts after Crockett&Tubbs leave Harry´s. Makes sense now.

Last pic is a rare pic of the entrance of this long gone club.

ENJOY!

Click to enlarge!

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-30 um 20.53.36.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-30 um 21.13.43.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-30 um 21.37.49.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-30 um 21.40.24.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-30 um 20.27.06.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-30 um 22.17.49.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-30 um 22.59.53.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
Am 30.11.2021 um 21:50 schrieb Tom:

LAST LOCATION FOUND: HARRY´s BAR

@miamijimf@Dadrian @airtommy

This is not my favorite episode and I just realized that there is one major location missing: Harry´s bar. After I studied the scenes in the bar, especially the wide shot in the beginning, I quickly realized that the background wall pattern is similar to the wall in the club in Dutch Oven. 

Comparing both episodes carefully brought proof: Harry´s, the foxy boxing bar, was filmed inside Fire and Ice Discotheque, which was at 3841 NE 2 Ave in Miami Design District. (which was a very seedy area back in 1984/85) and one of the first cool clubs in Downtown Miami. See comparison below with full match of all parts of the wall structure and the entrance in the background.

Also the distinctive red bar counter with grooves is a full match. On an old wolfson archives video inside Fire and Ice we also see the red columns with beige walls we see in the first scene in Glades.

P.S. Fire and Ice was close to Venetian Causeway where the subsequent car drive starts after Crockett&Tubbs leave Harry´s. Makes sense now.

Last pic is a rare pic of the entrance of this long gone club.

ENJOY!

Click to enlarge!

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-30 um 20.53.36.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-11-30 um 21.13.43.png

here are some very rare interior pics from Fire and Ice club in the 80s of exactly that spot where the box ring once stood in this episode. The red column is very significant, as is the big loudspeaker hanging in the corner and the wall on the right hand side behind the box ring where the "Fire and Ice" writing is in the real world picture.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-29 um 14.19.00.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-29 um 14.19.19.png

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-29 um 14.21.44.png

Edited by Tom
  • Like 4