Episode 9 - Glades

miamijimf

Posted: 07 February 2007 at 1:55pm by airtommyNot a lot of interesting sites in this episode. Opening montage Most of this looks like stock footage from the 1960s and 1970s. One exception is the shot of two men scuffling around 00:57. Note the 1980s BMW that drives by. Also, note the street sign: "NE 39 ST". This is probably the intersection of Biscayne Blvd and NE 39th St., the same spot as the 00:58 shot of the opening montage in "Give a Little Take a Little" (man/woman argue discussion). These two shots were probably filmed at the same time. Safe House (hotel) Can anyone read the turned-off neon sign? It looks like "Cafe Tepi" to me. This site probably no longer exists, and could easily be in another city like New York. Driving to the Everglades This is the only part of this episode that I enjoy. RB stated here that it was filmed on Alligator Alley. Was the opening shot (11:21) filmed at the beginning of the Venetian Causeway with C&T heading toward Miami Beach? That's my best guess. Fishing Village RB has stated that this was filmed at Jimbo's on Virginia Key. Jimbo's official website

Posted: 11 February 2007 at 2:05pm by airtommyQuoting SoFlaJeremy in another thread " the beggining of the teaser in Glades was clearly shot in LA Ca. It stands out because the street scenes are different older looking and then the proof positive is not just the signs but the police "patty" wagen driving down the st is an LAPD van. The LA county seal is clearly visible on the side and behind that it says Los Angeles Police Department."

Posted: 12 February 2007 at 8:24am by Matt5Originally posted by airtommyNot a lot of interesting sites in this episode. exists, and could easily be in another city like New York. Driving to the Everglades This is the only part of this episode that I enjoy. RB stated here that it was filmed on Alligator Alley. Was the opening shot (11:21) filmed at the beginning of the Venetian Causeway with C&T heading toward Miami Beach? That's my best guess. Yes - that opening shot driving to the Everglades was shot just past the Miami Herald on the Venetian Cswy.

• Like 1

Posted: 12 February 2007 at 3:12pm by airtommy A few years ago when I knew nothing about Miami, I thought that they were on the Brickell bridge going south.

Posted: 15 February 2007 at 2:08pm by airtommyThe LA county seal is clearly visible on the side and behind that it says Los Angeles Police Department." Wow, I just watched this, and it's definitely not CLEARLY visible. I could barely make it out after half a dozen viewings. Very sharp eye!

Posted: 15 February 2007 at 2:10pm by airtommyOriginally posted by airtommyDriving to the Everglades This is the only part of this episode that I enjoy. RB stated here that it was filmed on Alligator Alley.But on his website he states: "Crockett and Tubbs are seen driving West-bound on The Tamiami Trail (US Highway 41)"

• Like 1

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 9:37am by SOFLAJEREMYOriginally posted by airtommyNot a lot of interesting sites in this episode. Safe House (hotel) Can anyone read the turned-off neon sign? It looks like "Cafe Tepi" to me. This site probably no longer exists, and could easily be in another city like New York. Just started watching/working on Glades again. Couple of clues that might help us find the location believed to be LA. the street address is 241 with a barber shop next door at 239. The camera is shooting at an angle away from the center of town and should only be 2.5 blocks away from the central post office. There appears to be a bar in the bg called the 250 club

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 9:46am by SOFLAJEREMYdoes the marquis of the hotel say w. Lorane or hotel lorane. looks like the sigh to the right reads pioneer cafe

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 9:50am by SOFLAJEREMYthere is a Pioneer Cafe listed at 450 Pioneer ,Glendale CA

Posted: 05 November 2007 at 11:50pm by airtommyOriginally posted by airtommySafe House (hotel) Can anyone read the turned-off neon sign? It looks like "Cafe Tepi" to me. This site probably no longer exists, and could easily be in another city like New York.LOL, it's not "CAFE TEPI", it's "CAFETERIA". I see the sign "Stan's Adult Books & Movie". I wonder if that is Stan's Adult Superstore today? See store sign here. The clip from 0:25-0:29 is filmed in the same place as the final clip (1:04-1:19). So, that's the 258 Club, not the 250 Club.

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 12:21am by SOFLAJEREMYthats funny because I had originally thought cafeteria but then after your post I said it looked like cafe tepi. The power of suggestion I suppose.

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 12:55am by SOFLAJEREMYcan you make out the sign that is cursive. looks like it ends in artat possible starts with an L they sell beer there and is to the left of 258 club? looks like they used an old Adam 12 clip looks familiar

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 1:14am by airtommySafehouse Lorane Hotel 241 East 5th Street Los Angeles, CA Looking on VE, the neighborhood has changed, even the road seems to curve less, but the Lorane Hotel has hardly changed. Apparently, Rocky, Adrian, and Paulie stayed at the Lorane Hotel in Rocky III

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 9:04am by SOFLAJEREMYYour the best! great work I knew we would do the impossible. Now for the interior of the room. I just figured it out this morning as I get ready for work. For two brief moments when swy and zito show up early at the door you see the exterior courtyard thru the open door. You see round support pole for second story balcony, concrete steps, rail , window, and ac accross the way and it just connected. I was going to use it as a location trivia but probably just too hard.Eingefügtes BildDanJ you must recognize the interior of the hotel room.

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 9:06am by SOFLAJEREMYOriginally posted by airtommySafehouse Lorane Hotel 241 East 5th Street Los Angeles, CA Looking on VE, the neighborhood has changed, even the road seems to curve less, but the Lorane Hotel has hardly changed. Apparently, Rocky, Adrian, and Paulie stayed at the Lorane Hotel in Rocky III Nice place to stay just don't pick room j51

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 9:24am by SOFLAJEREMYSo we start looking east toward Wall street and the camera is on the south side of the street about on the s.w. corner of the intersection of Maple Ave. Very cool I cant believe we just nailed down the ext and Int in one day!!!!

Posted: 06 November 2007 at 9:50am by SOFLAJEREMYinteresting note: Looks like the LAPD is now directly accross the street from the Lorane. Maybe thats why they figured it would be a safe place

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 2:11pm by Tom71@soflajeremy; where is the location of this courtyard/interior of the teaser scenes and how could you find it just going with the few details visible in the TV scenes?

Posted: 07 November 2007 at 10:41pm by SOFLAJEREMYOriginally posted by tom71@soflajeremy; where is the location of this courtyard/interior of the teaser scenes and how could you find it just going with the few details visible in the TV scenes?I had a hunch based on the size and shape of the room the idea just hit me, so I checked out the scene in detail looking at the windows and door which were covered on the outside which I think would only be to block the view,they were in the right shape,pattern and construction to fit my hunch. So then I studied the parts where the door was open to grab any clues on the exterior. luckily they took an office that was by the stairs to add clues. Add in the ease /convienence principal along with having just been there and it all adds up to...what better place to film than Greenwich Studios. It is one of the offices off the courtyard in what I will call the central office building.

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 1:38am by airtommy"Carnitas El Rey" at 00:36 - Today, it seems to be: El Jacalito 1109 N Western Ave Los Angeles, CA ============================================== "Cindy's Love Inn" at 00:36 (#650 plainly visible above the door) - Do you think this is L.A. or Miami? I don't know what 650 Washington Ave and 650 Collins Ave were like back then. ============================================== Hooker at 00:45-00:55 - My gut says this is in Miami near Biscayne/I-195. I think I can see the elevated expressway in the background.

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 8:53pm by SOFLAJEREMYOriginally posted by airtommyHooker at 00:45-00:55 - My gut says this is in Miami near Biscayne/I-195. I think I can see the elevated expressway in the background. Yes it is Miami but it was a toss up for a while. I was checking out another scene today when I looked accross the street and Eingefügtes Bildfound this location. Eingefügtes Bild this intersection was used for at least three shots in ep 9 Glades and Ep 10 take a little take a little more lol

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 9:04pm by SOFLAJEREMYI think you may be seeing channel 10 tv tower in bg not elevated expressway. this scene is shot facing north on the ne corner of ne39th st and US1.Indicated by the red marker. Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 08 November 2007 at 9:21pm by SOFLAJEREMYAs I look at it they may be on the north side of the street or even in the street. I had marked the south side but I think they are in the street