01/012 milk run

miamijimf

Posted: 26 February 2008 at 11:05pm by SOFLAJEREMYto correct an error that had been posted . The Senator Hotel had been reported to have been located at 13th and collins and had been replaced by a parking garage. Eingefügtes Bildthis is not correct. Danj had sussed out some time ago that the surrounding buildings did not match up. This is because the Senator was located at 12th street and was not replaced by a parking garage. Here is a nice picture of the Kent at 1131 Collins and the Senator just to the North at 12th street. Eingefügtes Bild

Posted: 26 February 2008 at 11:47pm by airtommyI never thought about that but in hindsight it's kind of obvious, since The Tides is right behind the Senator and the Tides is at 1220 Ocean. Also the address of the Senator was given as 1201 Collins. I have a slightly bigger version of that Senator photo from RB's site (RB got it from me), in case anyone is interested. Where did you get the Kent/Senator photo? Senator photos are very hard to find.

Posted: 27 February 2008 at 12:01am by airtommyAt 9:20 of "Hell Hath No Fury", she walks on Collins north of 12th. In the last frame before they cut to the next location, I think I can see a sliver of the Senator on the left side of the screen. Can you guys with better TVs see more? If so, post a screencap!

Posted: 27 February 2008 at 12:16am by DanJOriginally posted by airtommyWhere did you get the Kent/Senator photo? Senator photos are very hard to find.Heh, heh. I know where Jeremy got that picture...

Posted: 27 February 2008 at 12:16am by SOFLAJEREMYit is simply proof that I have invented a time machine. or maybe I just scaned it from my copy of deco delights that danj gave me as featured in the cell within.

• 6 months later...

The punk movie theatre was located at 3194 Grand Avenue in Coconut Grove. It closed as a cinema in 1989 but the building remains. Today it is a Post Office.Does anyone know where the restaurant where Crockett and Tubbs confronted the lawyer Sloane is located? Looked to me like it was at Bal Harbor Shops

You guys and your location knowledge are just awesome. I am hoping we can get a detailed, comprehensive MV location map for a future trip to Miami (or perhaps this has already been created?) Love these pics and comparisons to the shooting locations. Thanks

• Administrators
Thanks very much' date=' Caipi. :cheers:[/quote']You're welcome. As soon as I have a little free time and finished my work on the miamivice.info glossary, I'll start with an offline location guide.

• 1 year later...

Excellent work. Milk Run is a top ten favourite of mine.Is Miami Free Zone open to the public or is there heavy security there?

Excellent work. Milk Run is a top ten favourite of mine.Is Miami Free Zone open to the public or is there heavy security there?

Great work , SoflaJeremy . The restaurant where they pick up Sloan is on the front end ( West side ) of Bal Harbor Shops on the second floor facing Bal Harbor Bvld just one floor above where they filmed in "The Home Invaders".The Miami Free Zone has high security when I visited in 2005 - I had to go to the office and wait to get clearance - they mentioned that they werent keen on fans walking through the building - I got to go in on this occassion and spend an afternoon their but I got the feeling this was going to be stopped - also its quite a way out from Downtown itself - past the airport in Doral so make sure you can get access before the journey as they won't let you in when you get their.:D

The restaurant where they pick up Sloan is on the front end ( West side ) of Bal Harbor Shops on the second floor facing Bal Harbor Bvld just one floor above where they filmed in "The Home Invaders".

Excellent find! I've been there, but didn't know it was a MV location. I had always thought this scene was filmed in some South Beach hotel.The drug lab just doesn't have any clues. We get a pretty good look at the buildings down the street. If we knew the general area of this site, we could find it, but as it is it's just a needle in a haystack. There is no reason to think they chose this spot for convenience (near another site of the same ep) because they can't just blow up any old house.

Great work ' date=' SoflaJeremy . The restaurant where they pick up Sloan is on the front end ( West side ) of Bal Harbor Shops on the second floor facing Bal Harbor Bvld just one floor above where they filmed in "The Home Invaders".[/quote'] good find! But it seems they tore the whole block down on the east side of Bal Harbor Bvd vis a vis Bal Harbos Shops.

Are you 100% positive on the restaurant? That location was my first thought when I first saw the episode. However; I went there several years ago and spent some time in that central, front restaurant area above the home invaders location. I went away disappointed because there were just far to many things that did not match up. They would have to have done a huge renovation and remodeling for it to work. Did they totally tear down the bar area that Sloan was sitting at?As far as the Free Trade Zone goes I think the pictures on my site I took around the begining of 2005. I walked in, there was allot of security, I took them as quickly and descretly as possible. I caused no problems, and had no problems. I saw no signs prohibiting photography. If you are not loitering and are not obvious there should be no problem.

Airtommy wrote "The drug lab just doesn't have any clues. We get a pretty good look at the buildings down the street. If we knew the general area of this site, we could find it, but as it is it's just a needle in a haystack. There is no reason to think they chose this spot for convenience (near another site of the same ep) because they can't just blow up any old house. I think the biggest clue is that it is on the water. Not the ocean but the bay because in the far distance you can see a couple of high-rises and a radio tower with the typical red warning lights. It is either the last house on the street before the street dead ends at the water or the street runs along the water and it is the last house before the land narrows to much for a house. This would mean the other houses we see down the line away from the camera were on the water. the last building looks like it has an awning typical of a business not a residence.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Great episode first aired episode of 1985 ( January ) which would become the pinnacle year for Miami Vice. Directed by John Nicollela who was the 1st Season and 2nd Season Producer who went on also to direct many episodes including "The Savage " in Season 3. Nicollela also helped shape the first Season of Nash Bridges in 1996 when he served as Executive Producer with Don Johnson.Great locations - the airport scenes were filmed at MIA ( airline counter ticket and "legs" as well as the cafe scenes ) but the rest was filmed at the Miami Free Zone in Doral by the airport also. They did go back and forth between scenes filmed at MIA and the Free Zone . I visited MIA this year and that area where they filmed has been redesigned somewhat but still recognisable. The drug lab house area - thanks to SoflaJeremy I visited the street where that location once stood on SW8th St at approx #40 and this is behind Brickell Avenue area / Brickell Village . Great locations shooting all around Miami - Bal Harbor, Coconut Grove, Downtown , The Beach ( Senator Hotel ) and Doral .:thumbsup::cool::DThe Senator -http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=senator+hotel+miami&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=A9BBA9F29636D2382DE7922460D02A7C2397EEFC&selectedIndex=2

Man you really got around town on your latest trip to Miami. Good work. I'm thinking of driving down in November.

Man you really got around town on your latest trip to Miami. Good work. I'm thinking of driving down in November.

Thanks Jim - Ive also put some pics on fb Today of MiamiWould like to meet you one day :thumbsup::cool::D