Viking Bikers

Bamboccio

Hi tou you all,this is a fantastic forum. I am an old fan and collector of MV Memorabilia and I really appreciate your efforts. :clap:Question about :radio:VIKING BIKERS :radio:: Has anybody recorded this fantastic tune of J.Hammer? I am desperately looking for this song in any form: mp3, etc. Please let me know.Thanks in advance!

Viking BikersThanks to you both for the prompt reply.Well, I mean the tune that you're listening more or less three times during the movie. For instance when Sonny and Rico are searching one flat and discover the cadaver of one target wrapped with cord.. I hope you have the plot in mind. I am sure this is the style of Hammer but any other idea s welcomed.Thanks again!:glossy:

Bamboccio, check my profile and send me a pm or email. i have almost all of Jan Hammer's unreleased music ripped from the DVDs. we can resolve this one on one if you want. look forward to hearing from you!

i just remembered the scene you are speaking of. the scene at the atlantis condo (i believe is the location, since they shot the hot tub scene there). that is indeed an original for this ep. jan had aquired some new keyboards and drum machines for his final season and some really interesting cues sprang up as a result. this is one them. i don't actually have this one ripped. i'll try to get something together for you though. just go on and pm me.

Viking BikersExactly, this is the scene I mean. Great music in my opinion. :glossy:Desperately seeking for this tune (among others, also unreleased) some years ago I checked all the stores in London, Paris, and so on. Without success. Then I had the pleasure of listening JH together with Jeff Beck at the Royal Albert Hall in London. It was a great moment.Well, I have sent you a message. Hope you've got it.Cheers

i agree that the new hi-fidelity equipment used on season 3 audio brought hammer more into truman's realm, but the synthesyzed lead sounds versus tim's actual guitar leads clearly define both as individual. they are indeed close, though. truman's sound always makes me think of 80s pink floyd (tunes like "Sorrow" by Floyd sound EXACTLY like season 5 score).

Viking Bikerswell this tune has for me always the same power. ok I agree that the episode was not memorable but the music.. UNFORGETTABLE..

The music by JAN HAMMER for this episode has not be officially released in any form.Jan derived the music in the scene with the bikers dancing with the hookers from GOLDEN TRIANGLE's last piece of music when the line "Take me to a bar" is spoken. He expanded on it.-COOP

yeah, i've always noticed that melody pops up in the bass when the girl spots the bikers at the funeral. jan used a few recurring melodies and phrases throughout the series, like the last few seconds of "new york theme". the last notes of the glades episode turned up in couple of other cues also.in defense of the episode, i'll have to say that besides hammer's score, the "heaven" by simply red sequence was a great touch on that particular assassination. i think any scene would be good with that song playing: one of my all time faves!!

Viking Bikersnofretz I completely agree with you. the music plays a very important role in Miami Vice and Viking Bikers from this point of view is OUTSTANDING. The plot itself has great moments as the assassination you mentioned, but probably could be better developed having that kind of stuff. Anyway one of my all time favorites too.@ COOPER&BURNETT: yes JAN Hammer is GOD :glossy: Ciao