Daytona for sale

Dadrian

I sent him a note tonight to see if he wants to trade for my Stinger 260. Lets see if he replies...

it's getting into boat season now, stinger. hopefully someone will bite on yours soon. good luck!!

I have the Red Daytona all apart now and I am painting it on Monday evening. I'll post some picks of it after I get it put back together again...

Thanks for the link JNBy the way JN did you see the Red Daytona I bought last weekend?see pics - http://www.miami-vice.ws/showthread.php?t=1536&page=2

Looks great. Is that a Mike Hudson conversion on a Corvette?I had to paint my car when I got it. For some reason the most commonly available cars are red. And it had a black interior. So most of my time has been spent changing out the interior pieces to get it like the MV car.You are going to love driving it arround either way!!

OH MY...Jn you missed the punchline...I'm going to have to loose a bit of weight to fit into that car!Buddy, your going to have to go back to the link and get a good laugh when you study the pictures a bit more clearly!!!Have fun and please don't hate me for it.................... :)

• Administrators

I got to admit you had me fooled at first too!That was a really good one.Great! :clap:

Well guys I can't really remember if I spoke to this guy already but I emailed him anyway and asked if he wants to trade. Here's hoping??????????????????????????

OH MY...Jn you missed the punchline...I'm going to have to loose a bit of weight to fit into that car!Buddy' date=' your going to have to go back to the link and get a good laugh when you study the pictures a bit more clearly!!!Have fun and please don't hate me for it.................... :)[/quote']SORRY............Good one!!Goes to show you that I need glasses more than I thought!Of course, when you are over 6 feet you have to work to get in a real one!

Well what did you think?...Weren't the pics on the flat rocks realistic?On the subject of the real thing...I have not heard back as of yet from our friend in Florida. That Daytona is actually pretty nice! I like the way he did the rotors and calipers.I do have one guy interested in the boat though. He looked at it on Friday morning and is thinking about it. I am puting it in the water next weekend and he is coming for a test drive.I hope his bank manager likes him......................................

Well what did you think?...Weren't the pics on the flat rocks realistic?

How did you do that? Photoshop? Or a damn good camera?Either way, I had trouble not thinking they were real even after you admitted it...

I think he set the scale model on a rock, and just had the marina as the background. No photoshot, just clever photo trickery not knowing the scale.It does look real.

Choogitmang!All I did was take it out of the box and put the camaera real close to the model. It's a cheap old digital sony camera that is about ten years old!!!Anyway...I used the Marina as a background drop and the trees etc in the background made it look pretty convincing :)

• 1 year later...

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYUUUUUUUUUUUP!Loose change eh?Wishful thinking I guess.................

Ha ..glad someone caught that. ;):)

• 1 month later...

Here's another Daytona for sale on Ebay and you can tell that this seller also has been reading our Ferrari Daytona thread in his attempt to copy the Camera Car interior to some degree. But ....BUYER BEWARE, I suspect this is the same seller that is notorious to some of us here under other Ebay IDs he's used in the past operating out of Tampa, and formerly of Miami.if any if you are serious about buying from this seller, PM me and I will give you more details of my "experience" with this seller. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180667739220&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123

Car is not bad except for its a slegematic and those rims just HAVE to go!!!Those have to be the ugliest rims I have seen yet!"True Spokes" for sure to improve that puppy...

I agree I don't like the rims on this one.They would really have to be replaced with the real thing to make it a true vice car.The price isn't bad but the thing about the seller.I don't know.

Update: it's definitely the same seller. He is now up to his old tricks of very slightly lowering his reserve price as another pressure sales tool....to make you think he wants to deal. Am sure his price is around $25 or $26K that is set as reserve. BUYER BEWARE once again. Get the car inspected from a reputable third party before committing funds. If he won't do it, then you have your answer.

That is the one thing I always hated about ebay and vehicle purchases...I NEVER buy a car site unseen, so how does an ebayer expect to spend hard earned moeny on something that you can't be sure of?This poses a problem for me as I will not buy any car until I inspect it myself.