Vltor's Bren Ten Update

timm525

Beautiful guns guys thanks for the pics. I know they are classics and would love to own one but a more modern weapon with a high capacity magazine seems more practical and affordable.

Thanks for the gorgeous comment. I use to and then I read about breakage issues, purchased another NIB for a spare and then retired both to safe queen status and started playing with an EAA Elite Stock. It's not the same, but it beats shooting a Glock any day.Eingefügtes Bild

an understandible move, they are as rare as a ferrari daytona (1500 made I think) probably rarer in that condition with a non hard chromed slide.you could have it checked out and okayed by having both the frame and slide x rayed and magnafluxed like they say to do herehttp://nordicg3kscommunity.yuku.com/topic/775/t/Bren-Ten-Debate-Safe-Queen-vs-Shooter-PLEASE-READ.htmland if it's fine I would look for some lighter loads to shoot in it, from what i've heard that norma ammo is even hotter than the double tap stuff.

Thanks for the link Kavinsky. I already belong to that forum and that's the post that motivated me to make both of mine safe queens and to get the Witness for shooting. I had gone to shooting 10MM loaded to .40S&W levels even though the Winchester Silvertips had become my choice prior to that. I still have some Norma and it is hot. Hope the Fortis is out this year.

same here, if it doesn't I might go for a two tone Eaa Witness as well I just hope they come out with a 22 lr conversion for the fortis if it does come out 45's getting abit hard to come across up here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here's some news most hard core Bren Ten Fans know, but others who are interested may not know. Vltor who was going to make a copy of the Bren Ten, but call it the Fortis has purchased the rights to the Bren Ten name and will now be able to to put the Bren Ten name on their pistol. Go here for some more info: http://vltor.wordpress.com/ I'm really looking forward to having another Bren to shoot and carry.:thumbsup:My two current Brens:Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

That's great news!I can't wait for it to come out. I was hoping they would be able to secure the rights to the name.Now Galco needs to come out with a Jack Ass rig for it.:clap::thumbsup::clap::thumbsup::clap::thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

Yes it looks to be at least three months, but I'm just happy to see the Bren Ten back in production. I'm on a list for two Vice Models and look forward to having them to break in this summer for the Fall and Winter.

• 2 weeks later...
I placed my order. The mags will be special order items, just like the guns. Another interesting thing, the MV version will be in 45acp. That is good for me, since the rounds will be much cheaper, but purist may want the gun in 10mm. I guess technically the 45 is the right call, since Crockett's guns were made to handle 45 blanks. They gave me a mid-May delivery date.

How much is one of these babies?

Coop' date=' go here for more info on the various models and price. Go to post #9: [url']http://nordicg3kscommunity.yuku.com/topic/1791?page=1 SMRP will be $1100 to $1300 depending on the model you want. You'll want the Vice Model I assume which will retail for $1300, but a dealer will likely get you one for less if you shop around. Jurassic narc has a good point on getting a Bren in .45ACP. If you don't reload or order ammo in bulk which anyone who isn't a felon can do, .45ACP is much easier to find at stores at better prices. Me I'm getting a Vice in 10MM and .45ACP.

http://nordicg3kscommunity.yuku.com/topic/1791?page=1 SMRP will be $1100 to $1300 depending on the model you want. You'll want the Vice Model I assume which will retail for $1300, but a dealer will likely get you one for less if you shop around. Jurassic narc has a good point on getting a Bren in .45ACP. If you don't reload or order ammo in bulk which anyone who isn't a felon can do, .45ACP is much easier to find at stores at better prices. Me I'm getting a Vice in 10MM and .45ACP.

Gary1911A1, Is the Bren a double stack mag? I plan to find a Jackass or a Classic from Galco and have a friend "remold" the holster (don't think it is far off the Browning Hi-power holster), but I am not sure if the mag pouches I have are going to work.

Gary1911A1' date=' Is the Bren a double stack mag? I plan to find a Jackass or a Classic from Galco and have a friend "remold" the holster (don't think it is far off the Browning Hi-power holster), but I am not sure if the mag pouches I have are going to work.[/quote']The new Bren Ten will be using magazines from the EAA Witness 10MM Pistol so there will be an available supply of magazines something that was a problem with the original Bren Ten. The Witness Magazines are double stack and hold 15 rounds. The Browning Hi-Power holster and mag pouch for the Galco Miami Classic would likely be to tight a fit for the Bren and magazines. I haven't tried, but I bet the magazines pouches for the large frame Glock 20/21 would be a good fit. I have tried the Bren in a Galco Miami Classic Holster for large frame Sigs 220/226 and it did fit so that combination might be a good bet, but the current Miamic Classic no longer looks like the one Sonny wore. Desantis is mention on the Bren Ten Forum as making a shoulder holster for the Bren and there is a custom maker on the forum who offers a shoulder holster that looks close to what Sonny wore. If I hear of anything I'll pass it on.

The new Bren Ten will be using magazines from the EAA Witness 10MM Pistol so there will be an available supply of magazines something that was a problem with the original Bren Ten. The Witness Magazines are double stack and hold 15 rounds. The Browning Hi-Power holster and mag pouch for the Galco Miami Classic would likely be to tight a fit for the Bren and magazines. I haven't tried' date=' but I bet the magazines pouches for the large frame Glock 20/21 would be a good fit. I have tried the Bren in a Galco Miami Classic Holster for large frame Sigs 220/226 and it did fit so that combination might be a good bet, but the current Miamic Classic no longer looks like the one Sonny wore. Desantis is mention on the Bren Ten Forum as making a shoulder holster for the Bren and there is a custom maker on the forum who offers a shoulder holster that looks close to what Sonny wore. If I hear of anything I'll pass it on.[/quote']Thanks for the information. I will look into the other holster combo. What are the differences in the new Galco and the rig Sonny wore, if you don't mind taking a minute to describe that.ThanksJN

Sonny's shoulder holster had the magazines hanging up and down. The current Miami Classic is vertical like the holster. Sonny's shoulder holster had the thumb break, but not the tension screw newer holster have. I'll try and post pictures later when my brother can take pictures.

The closest thing Galco made to the holster Sonny used was called the Jackass. It was a copy of the original made by Dan Blocker (IIRC). The galco jackass is still available, but no longer in regular production. The current offering has a sueded leather harness (which is extremely comfortable) and the holster/mag pouch come in a havana brown. Galco shoulder holster systems are modular so that you can use components interchangably.

I placed my order. The mags will be special order items' date=' just like the guns. Another interesting thing, the MV version will be in 45acp. That is good for me, since the rounds will be much cheaper, but purist may want the gun in 10mm. I guess technically the 45 is the right call, since Crockett's guns were made to handle 45 blanks. They gave me a mid-May delivery date.[/quote']Sorry but am a bit confused on this. Is a Vice version available in 10MM and, if so, can anyone point me in the direction of a dealer?Thanks much.

Sorry but am a bit confused on this. Is a Vice version available in 10MM and' date=' if so, can anyone point me in the direction of a dealer?Thanks much.[/quote']I emailed the company (the link is higher up in this thread) and they put me in touch with Bass Pro Shop. If you read the information linked to earlier in the thread, there are indications that the Vice version will be sold in both 45ACP and 10mm. But, I would contact a vendor and see what they are going to be able to get.JN

Bren Ten Delivery DatesJust got this updated information on the Bren Ten.Just wanted to let you know, they have changed the expected dates of delivery for the guns. I listed them below in case your interested. Standard Model 10 MM & 45 ACP May deliveryStandard Vice Model 10MM & 45 ACP July DeliverySpecial forces Dark 45 ACP only September DeliverySpecial Forces Light 45 ACP Only October Delivery

Sonny's shoulder holster had the magazines hanging up and down. The current Miami Classic is vertical like the holster. Sonny's shoulder holster had the thumb break' date=' but not the tension screw newer holster have. I'll try and post pictures later when my brother can take pictures.[/quote']Like this?

post-109-13892963078889_thumb.jpg