Vltor's Bren Ten Update

timm525

Standard Vice Model 10MM & 45 ACP July Delivery

This is exactly what the BPS manager confirmed was the date when I ordered mine!!!!

Like this?

Yes that looks like the rigs DJ wore except your holster appears to have the wider straps which does add to the comfort of carrying the handgun and mags' date=' but tends to crowd the collar of the outer garment. Here's some pictures of the type worn by DJ.Eingefügtes Bild

I was thinking that DJ's holster was worn with the straps on sideways (check out the picture from PAYBACK). Your straps look like they were modified from one of the early Jackass sets with the upper straps as one piece of leather. My rig is the early holster and mag pouch that was shipped with the wide shoulder straps (a Jackass rig). I added the narrow Miami Classic straps later.If I remember correctly, until they narrowed those straps for DJ all the Galco/Jackass rigs were of the wider style. That is the rig DJ wore in BOUGHT AND PAID FOR (second picture).JN

post-109-13892963079096_thumb.jpg

post-109-13892963079295_thumb.jpg

post-109-1389296307948_thumb.jpg

Here's the same holster modeled by me and I'm no DJ or Sonny.Eingefügtes Bild

Yeah!!!!:clap::happy::)....This has nothing to do with the topic itself.... but I am thrilled to see what another of my dearest friends looks like.Thanks for posting this picture Gary!!!!:)I apologize to all for using this thread to say this.:o

• Administrators
I was thinking that DJ's holster was worn with the straps on sideways (check out the picture from PAYBACK). Your straps look like they were modified from one of the early Jackass sets with the upper straps as one piece of leather. My rig is the early holster and mag pouch that was shipped with the wide shoulder straps (a Jackass rig). I added the narrow Miami Classic straps later.If I remember correctly' date=' until they narrowed those straps for DJ all the Galco/Jackass rigs were of the wider style. That is the rig DJ wore in BOUGHT AND PAID FOR (second picture).JN[/quote']Hummm...I thought the early season one rig was a Ted Blocker for his Bren? :radar::confused:Can anyone clear that up?

I second Maria. Thanks Gary for the picture. Love the rig, and especially the pastel shirt! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments all. I do remember at first they couldn't find Galco as they had moved and changed their name from Jackass and so picked Ted Blocker for the holster maker. Reportedly DJ didn't like how the rig fitted him and the prop man found Galco who use to be Jackass and the President of Galco itself made the trip to Miami to fit DJ for their shoulder holster which later went from the name of Jackass Shoulder Holster to Miami Classic. I do hope Galco will make the original Miami Classic or Jackass again. Their Custom Shop according to others wants at least 500 orders to make it again and with only 1200 Bren Tens being made this year, some people ordering more than one, and some not even wanting a shoulder holster there may not be an order for 500. I have one of the few Miami Classic for a Bren Ten. They just didn't make that many with all the trouble the original company had in making the Bren Ten and providing magazines.Eingefügtes Bild

• Like 1

Yes, DJ started with the Ted Blocker holster. He switched to the Galco/Jackass in Season 2 at the point of filming BOUGHT AND PAID FOR. The picture I posted where you see the wider shoulder harness is from that episode. But by the next episode filmed, JUNK LOVE, we see the typical narrow shoulder harness. Apparently when it was assembled, the pivot point in the back was turned up on it's side, hard to see in the picture I posted, but if you enlarge that shot it is noticable. Since the episodes were aired in a different order than they were filmed, it makes it hard to catch the transition.This is just my theory, and Gary1911A1 may know more, but I wonder if DJ was the reason the "Miami Classic" exists. All the early Jackass rigs had the broader shoulder harness--which was the same design almost all shoulder holsters used at the time. The Ted Blocker had the narrow straps, and I wonder if Galco cut the straps down on DJ's request after he had gotten comfortable with them on the Blocker.Maybe the Prop Master from the show might remember, but that theory makes the most sense to me.JN

• Administrators

Thanks guys. That confirms what I had heard in the past.I have a Ted Blocker for my 645 which was all I could find at the time I bought it.

Thanks guys. That confirms what I had heard in the past.I have a Ted Blocker for my 645 which was all I could find at the time I bought it.

I have always liked the Smiths, and the 645 is in that series of guns I find very comfortable to carry and shoot. What do you think of the Blocker holster? I have had a couple of Galcos, and find them very comfortable.

....... DJ was the reason the "Miami Classic" exists. JN

Correct....Earlier rigs had the widened straps...MCs are all narrow straps...Good day !

• Administrators
I have always liked the Smiths' date=' and the 645 is in that series of guns I find very comfortable to carry and shoot. What do you think of the Blocker holster? I have had a couple of Galcos, and find them very comfortable.[/quote']I love the 645 more than the 4506.I have Galcos (Miami Classic) for a few others but could not find one for my 645 or 4506 so I went with the Blocker.I my opinion, they are virtually the same. The only real difference is the back leather "X" where the straps come together. The Blocker is larger and can be seen in some of the early eps. It too is a great holster and comfortable to carry with.

• 5 weeks later...

Go to Bass Pro[ATTACH]1014[/ATTACH]New member here and the owner of an original 10mm Bren Ten.Sporting Products (out of Florida) has an e-mail contact section on its web-site and when I sent in my name and phone number, I received a call from a local Bass Pro shop. I pre-ordered (pre-paid) for three Vice models (two in 10mm and one in .45). Using their Bass Pro charge card, I received 10% off of the first gun, which was listed $100 less than MSRP of $1299. I subsequently ordered the other two (not 10% off but still listed @ $1199 each a few weeks later). I was told that Sporting Products is immediately contacted after pre-payment and the guns I ordered are reserved. There are more available (still) so if anyone wants a gun, don't hesitate. Order as soon as possible.TAKJR

post-1036-13892963084295_thumb.jpg

You are welcome!To you and all Miami Vice fans, you are welcome. I do not work for Bass Pro, so my only hope is that everyone that pre-orders a gun can (at this time) and eventually I hope demand will outstrip supply and another run of Bren Tens will be made by Vltor. Per Vltor's web-site, the first run has been sold to its distributors already. This rendition is believed to have been completely tested by Vltor. It has not been advertised by Vltor at all (no gun magazine articles as of yet) but when it arrives this summer, I believe all of this will change, and demand will be high.Sincerely to all...TAKR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had hoped to have my two Vice Models in a few months. Some are reporting it will be near Christmas or even next year. I hope not, but I'm at their mercy. On the Bren Ten Forum some think the problem is above the slide stop hole in the frame. Colt just cut this part out and the problem of cracking there stopped.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

This was from their blog on 6-3-10.Let's hope they can move this thing along.Click ---> here for the web page."What is going on?There has been a lot of talk about the delayed release of the Bren Ten, and trust me when I say we have been listening. We had shut this site down when we turned everything over to Sporting Products, but we feel it is time to get back in touch with everyone and let you get the word straight from the source – I feel that we have not only a responsibility to be the ones that tell you about this, but we have an obligation to tell you why.Earlier this year, Abrams Airborne Manufacturing (the parent company of Vltor) received a large contract from the U.S. Marine Corps for the M-32A1, Multiple-Shot Grenade Launcher; additionally, we had received other smaller orders for the Grenade Launcher from other DOD and military organizations. Given the critical need and immediate demand for these weapons, we shifted a great deal of our resources towards getting these done.This brings us up to just a few weeks ago… we were faced with a really tough call, but one that simply had to be made: we were just not satisfied with the one of the castings. After assembly and testing of the production pistols, parts of the pistol design just did not meet our expectations. Keep in mind, we made many changes to the internal mechanism of the new Bren, and the problem that we were seeing is not a quality or material problem, it is simply that we knew that we could make the final product better. So we are.This is a set-back, but is not a show-stopper… I know that all of the explanations and reasons in the world are not going to please some folks, and we do not blame those of you that are disappointed or even angry. Just think how we feel about this, the Bren has always been a labor of love for us, the only reason we are doing this is because we all here really believe it is something that needed to be done.I do want to say that from the start, we have never taken any down payments or reserved a serial number – we have not even taken a purchase order from the distributor yet. We are still engaged in this and we have as much desire and enthusiasm devoted to this as anyone – I hope that you can hang in there a little while longer, we are opening the blog back up and it will be the point of contact from here on out."

This was from their blog on 6-3-10.Let's hope they can move this thing along.Click ---> here for the web page."What is going on?There has been a lot of talk about the delayed release of the Bren Ten' date=' and trust me when I say we have been listening. We had shut this site down when we turned everything over to Sporting Products, but we feel it is time to get back in touch with everyone and let you get the word straight from the source – I feel that we have not only a responsibility to be the ones that tell you about this, but we have an obligation to tell you why.Earlier this year, Abrams Airborne Manufacturing (the parent company of Vltor) received a large contract from the U.S. Marine Corps for the M-32A1, Multiple-Shot Grenade Launcher; additionally, we had received other smaller orders for the Grenade Launcher from other DOD and military organizations. Given the critical need and immediate demand for these weapons, we shifted a great deal of our resources towards getting these done.This brings us up to just a few weeks ago… we were faced with a really tough call, but one that simply had to be made: we were just not satisfied with the one of the castings. After assembly and testing of the production pistols, parts of the pistol design just did not meet our expectations. Keep in mind, we made many changes to the internal mechanism of the new Bren, and the problem that we were seeing is not a quality or material problem, it is simply that we knew that we could make the final product better. So we are.This is a set-back, but is not a show-stopper… I know that all of the explanations and reasons in the world are not going to please some folks, and we do not blame those of you that are disappointed or even angry. Just think how we feel about this, the Bren has always been a labor of love for us, the only reason we are doing this is because we all here really believe it is something that needed to be done.I do want to say that from the start, we have never taken any down payments or reserved a serial number – we have not even taken a purchase order from the distributor yet. We are still engaged in this and we have as much desire and enthusiasm devoted to this as anyone – I hope that you can hang in there a little while longer, we are opening the blog back up and it will be the point of contact from here on out."[/quote']Hmmmm....If I recall, there were a bunch of 3D CAD Renderings in the Design phase, and all this technical discussion of FEA reviews etc....That was back nearly 2 years ago....I know they've rendered a few models using 3D lithography....but just now have found a cracking problem ? They must have brought the same prototypes to two Shot Shows in a row....I think I'll have to pass....a $1200 wall ornament doesn't interest me.....I'll stick with Sig, thanks.

• Administrators

I got an email reply today that the guns will start coming in in October of this year.Let's hope!

I got an email reply today that the guns will start coming in in October of this year.Let's hope!

I so hope they are telling you the truth. I'm getting discouraged. I'm going to be shooting some Witness 10MMs' this weekend to celebrate the 4th. I'd rather be shoot a Bren Ten though.:cry:

• Administrators

Gary, have you placed an order yet or do you have to wait?From what I read, they are not taking orders as of yet. Is this true?

JCM they may have had to change the steel or some part of the design for manufacturing reasons and it wasnt as durabile as it was supposed to be or thought to be.So its a good thing they said there fixing it before release and its really nothing to worry about. all new designs have teathing issues like that, just look at the new sig p238 or the walther pps or the gun that walther never fixed: the ppk/shell you wanna see a disgrace of a gun design look no further than any of smith and wessons titanium framed J Frameshttp://www.thegunzone.com/sw340pd.htmlI'd sooned trust Vltor with the Bren just for admiting an issue like AND FIXING IT BEFORE RELEASE then modern smith and wesson anyday because of that and the damn built in key lock which has failed on a few magnums from recoil and ended up locking the gun up.