Vltor's Bren Ten Update

timm525

Gary' date=' have you placed an order yet or do you have to wait?From what I read, they are not taking orders as of yet. Is this true?[/quote'] Yes I have with Bass Pro. They want all the money upfront and not just a deposit. Hopefully by the end of the year. Shot my Witnesses yesterday at the range, but it's not like shooting a Bren.:cry:

• Administrators

Hummm...I called Bass Pro over in Orlando and they told me they couldn't order me one? :radar:

• Administrators
This was from their blog on 6-3-10.Let's hope they can move this thing along.Click ---> here for the web page."What is going on?...I do want to say that from the start' date=' [b']we have never taken any down payments or reserved a serial number – we have not even taken a purchase order from the distributor yet. We are still engaged in this and we have as much desire and enthusiasm devoted to this as anyone – I hope that you can hang in there a little while longer, we are opening the blog back up and it will be the point of contact from here on out."
Yes I have with Bass Pro. They want all the money upfront and not just a deposit. Hopefully by the end of the year. Shot my Witnesses yesterday at the range' date=' but it's not like shooting a Bren.:cry:[/quote']Gary, If the manufacturer states they have not taken any orders from distrubutors then I guess Bass Pro is just sitting on your money till then?! :eek: :radar:BTW: I'm thinking about ordering some ammo from Cheaper Than Dirt for the 10mm. Ever buy from them?500 rnds for $180 bucks.Click ---> here

• Administrators

Great minds think alike. I was looking to buy a Glock 29 today but of the few gun stores that were open today no one had one. The closest was the 27 in .40 but I wanted 10mm.Please let me know how you like it. From what I saw today with the 27, I will definitely need the mag with the pinky extension. I'm guessing the two finger hold will be a handful to fire with that gun.I have a snub .357 that had a three finger grip on it and I changed it out to one with a two finger grip. It was great for carrying and concealment but absolutely no fun at the range. :eek:

I've read of others having bad experience with Cheaper Than Dirt so I stay away from them. I have ordered from Midway when they're having a sale, but they don't have many sales on 10MM ammo. Lately I've been reloading 10MM Starline Brass with a 165gr. Zero Bullet under AA#9. I have some AA#9 on order right now which Midway says will be here in three weeks. :cry:I'm sure Brass Pro is just setting on my money while making interest on it.:evil: I just wanted to be sure I got one and when I ordered in May the Standards were suppose to be out in June. I'll wait for the end of the year and then get my money back before 6 months are up.

• Administrators

I emailied Galco the other day and asked if they would be reproducing the original Jackass Rig for the new Bren Ten.Here is the repy. :thumbsup:Good afternoon,The answer is both yes and no. We will produce a holster for the Bren X. This holster is based on the Dornaus and Dixon design (obviously we do not yet have access to a Vltor version). The holster is being made from a 1980s era pattern and will be a Jackass Rig holster. The harness and mag pouch will be from our current Miami Classic design.The holster component will be $134.95 plus shipping and handling. This is for the holster only.Bill KingCustomer Service SupervisorGalco Gunleather800-874-2526

A $134.95 plus shipping and handling for the holster only?:evil: Holster must have gold plated attachments at that price. I can get a complete Miami Classic Rig for that price.

• Administrators

I think they know that and with the amount of Bren's that will be manufactured, I guess they figure they are doing us the favor by making it.I'll still buy it and so will all the other die hards and they know it.Just got a price on a Vice model from my local gun dealer. He's telling me $1100.00 bucks.

both models will have 10mm high capacity 16 round mags as well(12 for the 45)http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=982419http://vltor.wordpress.com/http://nordicg3kscommunity.yuku.com/topic/1662/master/1/?page=1
Skip to 6:49 for the Fortis ( god I wish they called it Viltor Bren Ten not Fortis)Figures they announced this project just as I was getting into miami vice, god I hope there MA legal though.
You can't call the company Dixon and Dornaus, just doesn't work. Bastards. Plus the Fortis has to be the gayest name for a Bren Ten remake. How about Breneli Tenneth? :p

• Administrators

They dropped the name Fortis when they secured the rights to the Bren Ten name. Bren Ten will be on the slide just like the original. There will be no mention of Fortis to it anymore.

JCM they may have had to change the steel or some part of the design for manufacturing reasons and it wasnt as durabile as it was supposed to be or thought to be......

Agreed...the FEA models have been refined significantly since their early introduction, and can simulate (very accurately) over-pressures and other anomalies you wouldn't / couldn't have occur in a lifetime of shooting....DELAY (OMG, the word marketing cringes, when uttered by the engineers...) they should have continued through the FEA model and resolved the frame/slide design reliefs needed on the stress points before getting everyone in a tizzy that the B10 was release-ready......a typical marketing-driven release PR campaign, instead of proof-of-design based on solid engineering and actual test firing.Whether they've actually 'fixed' it will quickly be vetted, as I'm sure whomever is a lucky, early recipient will no-doubt have a busy afternoon doing their best 'One Way Ticket' Sonny-at-the-Range impression and blasting about ~500-1000+ rounds in a day, then either bragging about the performance, or panning the weapon.....The Internet provides INSTANT ratings....and cuts both ways....When the posts due come out, I really hope they're bragging.....if so, sign me up for a 45ACP version....Rock ON !

You can't call the company Dixon and Dornaus' date=' just doesn't work. Bastards. Plus the Fortis has to be the gayest name for a Bren Ten remake. How about Breneli Tenneth? :p[/quote'] Yes, they've acquired the Bren Ten in name, but unfortunately received the "NO" regarding the use of Gunsite's "Raven" logo on the slide....

• Administrators
Yes' date=' they've acquired the Bren Ten in name, but unfortunately received the "NO" regarding the use of Gunsite's "Raven" logo on the slide....[/quote']Are you sure on that? They've had the Raven on the Fortis since the beginning. Check out the pics. I thought I read that was one of the first things they were able to do.Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildEingefügtes Bild

If I remember correctly reciently they said in the blog they werent able to get the rights to use the gunsite raven on the new bren sadlyhttp://vltor.wordpress.com/2010/02/16/press-release-16-feb-2010/although they might still be trying to leverage it with gunsite hence the no comment like reply.(a typical marketing-driven release PR campaign, instead of proof-of-design based on solid engineering and actual test firing.)and JCM I think thats the reason why rugers are so well regarded, they probably do just that before releasing a new product on the market like the LCR they just released (along with the new 357 version of it which I just learned of) I dont think I've heard a single bad word about it unless it was about the trigger which seems to be a ruger curse that affects all models.

• Administrators

So they can put it on a pro-type and show it at the Shot Show like that but not a production model?That seems to me to be false advertising. :evil:They will have some very disappointed customers if they do that and not make it very well known.

Well they said they did have the rights to it in the 09 shot show vid, maybe it just fell through because of the delay.

• Administrators

Your link was dated in February so hopefully that is old news and no longer accurate.

So do I, I really liked the raven on the side and it would suck to have to find someone like an engraver to put it on afterwards

I recall reading on the Bren Ten Forum Vltor had a verbal agreement with Gunsite regarding use of the Gunsite Raven, but when it came time for production Gunsite wanted money like Colt paid them for use of the Gunsite name.

• Administrators

So what are we coming up with then? No Raven on the slide like they have on the prototype model?That's really shi**y since they are showing it in the pics. :evil::thumbsdown:They should be making this a well know fact if they will not be including it on the slide.

.......So what are we coming up with then? No Raven on the slide like they have on the prototype model?That's really shi**y since they are showing it in the pics. :evil::thumbsdown:They should be making this a well know fact if they will not be including it on the slide.......

Pre-Production Models are used in most every trade show....look no further than the computer or automotive industries and their major trade shows....every engineer is at their competitors booths grubbing all over the products to see 'their mousetraps', and you can bet that and with digital cameras some of 'their ideas' have already be uploaded back to the R&D Lab for review.Everything has an associated cost...R&D, Marketing, Materials, Labor etc....why invent / innovate when you can 'borrow' ?You can display anything you want to a trade shows (like the Shot Show)....just visit the Detroit Auto Show...whether it's 'legal', agreement pending, etc. is completely an afterthought. Again and unfortunately, these are MARKETING-DRIVEN milestones....a hard fixed-event time line (the dates the Shot Show events) was the only target to hit......I'm sure there would be (or should have been) huge pushback if the model wasn't ready for production, and I'm sure the top brass at VTOR said 'make it happen'....they've no doubt, have a huge R&D investment, and no salable product.... I'm sure the pre-production Shot Show demo models were demo / concept models on what they're were 'thinking' of the model release......Hope it works, its a neat concept......