Vltor's Bren Ten Update

timm525

The Bren Ten airsoft pistol was made my a well known maker of airguns. I think it was a legit model.It exists. I will find one.I have a knack for locating rare items.After that dream' date=' and the joy I felt holding it, now I have to have one.[/quote']This was the only site I have found with an Airsoft Bren Ten, but it has been "out of stock" for a few months now. http://www.uncompany.com/pagesearch.asp

The Bren Ten airsoft pistol was made my a well known maker of airguns. I think it was a legit model. It exists. I will find one. I have a knack for locating rare items. After that dream' date=' and the joy I felt holding it, now I have to have one.[/quote'] marushien I think, but there very rare to the point of absurdity. even with my luck I havent come across it.but realistically if you wanted a firing one that you could use anywhere it probably would be the goto bren ten.

I have been thinking of getting a CZ75 in .40, but I actually prefer the recoil of the 10MM to the .40.. I just find the recoil of the .40 to be snappy compared to FBI type 10MM rounds that are not full 10MM. I could get the CZ in .40 for $550 or so, but I think I'll just continue to shoot my Armalite AR-24 instead of my Brens. For a profile more Bren like check out the AR-24. It's only in 9MM though.

I went to my local gun store and took a CZ 9mm stainless and a .40 blue, put the blue .40 slide onto the stainless frame and thought to myself that chroming the slide would recreate the MV gun to a certain extend. The .40 slide looks much better due to the extended slide rails. I would have to buy both guns and resell them one of them as a reversed new two-tone, which might bring up the price by 25%. Bothersome, but it would be rather unique.I did the same to a 4506. I took the blue 4505 slide and stuck it onto a 4506 frame and had the Burnett gun.

I have been thinking of getting a CZ75 in .40' date=' but I actually prefer the recoil of the 10MM to the .40.. I just find the recoil of the .40 to be snappy compared to FBI type 10MM rounds that are not full 10MM. I could get the CZ in .40 for $550 or so, but I think I'll just continue to shoot my Armalite AR-24 instead of my Brens. For a profile more Bren like check out the AR-24. It's only in 9MM though.[/quote']

Kavinsky' date=' did you say SIG Sauer ..... :eek:[ATTACH=CONFIG']5905[/ATTACH]
dont get me wrong the 229 feels good in hand and from what I understand the transition from DA to SA on those is exceptionally smooth (the key thing with a DA/SA if it doesnt have a cocked and locked ability as if its not smooth the change in trigger pull its going to throw you off and your shots) but I just couldnt pull the trigger on it so to speak.its just too plain jane for my tastes and well too mainstream for my tastes as wellthing is though the grip of the sig 220 first version had a full black checkered plastic grip like the old walther P1's, the slide was thinned at the top and it had a heel mag release, hence why I kind of liked that one and didnt know why as I'm really not a sig guy and I just cant imagine myself ever getting one outside of that one.and the early ones I came across that were cop trade ins were the american versions made about 88 or 89 with the american mag release and the thicker top, not the really early ones like this one:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=284305234and you can see that on the slide, its been beveled almost if thats the right word for it and it gives it kind of a 1911 like look to it, finish isnt as nice as the later ones truth be told though but if I had to choose one sig to have it would be that one for its forgotten looks.
I have been thinking of getting a CZ75 in .40' date=' but I actually prefer the recoil of the 10MM to the .40.. I just find the recoil of the .40 to be snappy compared to FBI type 10MM rounds that are not full 10MM. I could get the CZ in .40 for $550 or so, but I think I'll just continue to shoot my Armalite AR-24 instead of my Brens. For a profile more Bren like check out the AR-24. It's only in 9MM though.[/quote']from what I understand the barrel on the .40 version despite the lengthened slide is still about 4.7 inches. about .3 shorter than the full sized .45's and as bruce said half an inch can make a huge difference in the feel of the gun so I was kind of thinking a heavier spring and steel guide rod could possibily negate that fact and help calm the recoil down to make it feel more like a full sized 1911 or one of the devoted 10mm'splus .40 is probably hotter than .45 acp truth be told in the velocity department so its probably not a bad idea to rig it up with a 22 pound spring like the 10mm's need for full power ammo as I think CZ may have treated it like a sort of token sized up 9mm and not really properly rigged it up for full power .40 ammo.

• 3 weeks later...

Eingefügtes BildHere's a cool "discreet" MIAMI VICE shirt.

sorry but I know these come from vltor as they were selling these shirts or had someone make them and send them to a distributor so while looking at it it kind of puts salt in an open wound and I dont think I'd ever buy itdamn shame about that whole ordeal, of all the assholes in the world it had to be given to the bigest ones of all, the vltor company who passed off an eaa witness as a bren ten and then unsurprisingly ran into the frame and slide crackages those have and then jerked everyone around about the delivery date and still are judging by the wikipedia date given for the release date of the thing.bloody bastards, the sooner everyone forgets about the vltor one the better, the bren ten did not deserver to have its good name soilded yet again by vaporus boring ar 15 parts maker who didnt even get the permision to use the gunsight eagle on it from the getgo despite it poping up on the prototypes.and its not like its unheard of to have that eagle on other guns, I've seen it on smith and wesson gunsight 1911's that are for sale on the smith and wesson website, just mark my words forget about it and get a CZ 75 in .40 and Bren Ten it, it'll be better than the vltor offering thats for damn sure and the CZ boys dont get enough credit for the original right now, better to support them than vltor.

sorry but I know these come from vltor as they were selling these shirts or had someone make them and send them to a distributor so while looking at it it kind of puts salt in an open wound and I dont think I'd ever buy itdamn shame about that whole ordeal' date=' of all the assholes in the world it had to be given to the bigest ones of all, the vltor company who passed off an eaa witness as a bren ten and then unsurprisingly ran into the frame and slide crackages those have and then jerked everyone around about the delivery date and still are judging by the wikipedia date given for the release date of the thing.bloody bastards, the sooner everyone forgets about the vltor one the better, the bren ten did not deserver to have its good name soilded yet again by vaporus boring ar 15 parts maker who didnt even get the permision to use the gunsight eagle on it from the getgo despite it poping up on the prototypes.and its not like its unheard of to have that eagle on other guns, I've seen it on smith and wesson gunsight 1911's that are for sale on the smith and wesson website, just mark my words forget about it and get a CZ 75 in .40 and Bren Ten it, it'll be better than the vltor offering thats for damn sure and the CZ boys dont get enough credit for the original right now, better to support them than vltor.[/quote']Could not agree more. I will stick with my S&W 1006 and Colt Double Eagle. It would be nice to own a Bren Ten but for $2,500.00, I could buy a couple decent handguns. Sorry, no offense to those who want a Bren Ten. It is an awesome handgun but the price is just too high for me. In addition, I would not want to fire it in order not to depreciate it.That was a major and wrongful tease for Vltor to advertise the release of the handgun, to now, play headgames. They don't deserve our business.

Got to agree. If you want a 10MM with soul get one of the various S&W 10XX Pistols. If you want one to just shoot with full power loads without a soul get a Glock. If you want something close to the Bren Ten get a Witness Elite Series in 10MM. I'm eyeing the Witness Pro in 10MM.

Got to agree. If you want a 10MM with soul get one of the various S&W 10XX Pistols. If you want one to just shoot with full power loads without a soul get a Glock. If you want something close to the Bren Ten get a Witness Elite Series in 10MM. I'm eyeing the Witness Pro in 10MM.

The price of the Witness Pro in 10 mm is very reasonable and seems to resemble the Bren Ten, like you said.It seems to be out of stock, what is up with that?

Could not agree more. I will stick with my S&W 1006 and Colt Double Eagle. It would be nice to own a Bren Ten but for $2' date='500.00, I could buy a couple decent handguns. Sorry, no offense to those who want a Bren Ten. It is an awesome handgun but the price is just too high for me. In addition, I would not want to fire it in order not to depreciate it.That was a major and wrongful tease for Vltor to advertise the release of the handgun, to now, play headgames. They don't deserve our business.[/quote']yeah 2.5 K can buy alot of nice things and for a gun thats a shot in the dark its too much to ask, I mean I love it, Im glad it existed and it did alot progress wise for the firearms world but thats too much to ask for it.hell even with the 645 and CZ 40 that leaves about 1.5 K in spare change for the customization and then even afterwards you'd probably still have 1.2 K left overits a nice piece of history, I'd love to own it and shoot it but its too much of a risk, as they say know when to fold them and with the BT I'm folding and the sooner I forget the vltor one even existed the happier Ill beand Man I really need to locate a CZ 75 in .40, hell a target sight and round off the trigger guard and it would look just like The M And P his bren ten original was in the second episode, hence why I think the barrel was black on the end after they had the thing hard chromed and the frame polished in south beach.

yeah 2.5 K can buy alot of nice things and for a gun thats a shot in the dark its too much to ask' date=' I mean I love it, Im glad it existed and it did alot progress wise for the firearms world but thats too much to ask for it.hell even with the 645 and CZ 40 that leaves about 1.5 K in spare change for the customization and then even afterwards you'd probably still have 1.2 K left overits a nice piece of history, I'd love to own it and shoot it but its too much of a risk, as they say know when to fold them and with the BT I'm folding and the sooner I forget the vltor one even existed the happier Ill beand Man I really need to locate a CZ 75 in .40, hell a target sight and round off the trigger guard and it would look just like The M And P his bren ten original was in the second episode, hence why I think the barrel was black on the end after they had the thing hard chromed and the frame polished in south beach.[/quote']Ask and you shall receive.http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=288859352http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=288794374http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=288147777

The price of the Witness Pro in 10 mm is very reasonable and seems to resemble the Bren Ten' date=' like you said.It seems to be out of stock, what is up with that?[/quote']There was one on GunBroker.com for $800. I don't know if that's a good price, but it's in keeping with EEA's Elite Stock Models which are similar with a slightly shorter barrel. Is there another place you're looking? I would be tempted to go through Henning and have him look it over and test fire it as I know he's forgotten more about Witness Pistols than I know. Maybe in the Fall.:cool:

There was one on GunBroker.com for $800. I don't know if that's a good price' date=' but it's in keeping with EEA's Elite Stock Models which are similar with a slightly shorter barrel. Is there another place you're looking? I would be tempted to go through Henning and have him look it over and test fire it as I know he's forgotten more about Witness Pistols than I know. Maybe in the Fall.:cool:[/quote']I wish I could shed light on the EAA Elite model. I could give some references to the S&W 3rd generation SA pistols, S&W revolvers, the Glock, the AK-47, and the Saiga firearms.Given the quality of the firearms coming out nowadays, I would pick the EAA as a first choice. Unfortunately, I have more than enough firearms at the time.I would recommend going to Youtube and seeing the reviews of the gun. Cannot hurt.

unfortunately its gotta be in MA pre 1998 otherwise it cant be sold unless its on the approved sales list from the AG, thats kind of what makes finding vintage classic guns or good new ones for a good price such a pain in the butt in this state.

unfortunately its gotta be in MA pre 1998 otherwise it cant be sold unless its on the approved sales list from the AG' date=' thats kind of what makes finding vintage classic guns or good new ones for a good price such a pain in the butt in this state.[/quote']Man. Sorry to hear that. I did not realize your gun laws were so bad.You really need to relocate to a more friendly gun state. You don't know what you are missing out there in the gun shows. People are bringing out the vintage guns from their collection and selling them at the gunshow.Best of luck. John

Man. Sorry to hear that. I did not realize your gun laws were so bad.You really need to relocate to a more friendly gun state. You don't know what you are missing out there in the gun shows. People are bringing out the vintage guns from their collection and selling them at the gunshow.Best of luck. John

thanks and yeah the next time I see a 645 or a CZ 75 in .40 for sale at the local gunshow I'm going to jump on it (have seen a 645 and a CZ 75 9mm but not 40 and I was still trying to make up my mind at that point) so no more screwing around trying to make up my mind on apples or oranges in the three horse race there with the 645, 4506 and 1006although honestly while I know the specifics of the 10mm what it is, its history and why people generally like it what hooked you guys to the cartridge as I have yet really get hooked on it myself.plus outside of say the smith and wesson 610 theres not alot of guns that would allow anyone to really experiment with the cartridge to see if they want to go the 10mm route or stick with the plain jane and plentifly .40 SW.

thanks and yeah the next time I see a 645 or a CZ 75 in .40 for sale at the local gunshow I'm going to jump on it (have seen a 645 and a CZ 75 9mm but not 40 and I was still trying to make up my mind at that point) so no more screwing around trying to make up my mind on apples or oranges in the three horse race there with the 645' date=' 4506 and 1006although honestly while I know the specifics of the 10mm what it is, its history and why people generally like it what hooked you guys to the cartridge as I have yet really get hooked on it myself.plus outside of say the smith and wesson 610 theres not alot of guns that would allow anyone to really experiment with the cartridge to see if they want to go the 10mm route or stick with the plain jane and plentifly .40 SW.[/quote']Well, what attracts me to the 10mm is that it is a powerful package in a small frame, unlike the Desert Eagle or the 44 magnum revolvers. The 10mm was designed for the FBI, because of a sting gone bad, because the 9mm did not stop the criminals.However, the 10mm seemed to be too much to the female FBI agents, and after trying to lighten the load of the 10mm, the ammo manufacturers made the 40 cal by cutting down the shell.The .40 cal has the advantage of almost the stopping power of the 45 while having the capacity to carry almost as many rounds as a 9mm clip.There are plenty of .45 calibre handguns to choose from, and hopefully allowed in your state. The 10mm is popular with hunters as a backup round. It's ballastics is equivalent to the 41 magnum, while allowing to be a little more compact. I carry a Glock 20, and it is the size of a S&W 4586 or 4566, while carrying 15 rounds in the clip.However, it is rather expensive to shoot. If you become a dedicated 10mm enthusiast, learn to reload.Hope this helps.

Well' date=' what attracts me to the 10mm is that it is a powerful package in a small frame, unlike the Desert Eagle or the 44 magnum revolvers. The 10mm was designed for the FBI, because of a sting gone bad, because the 9mm did not stop the criminals.However, the 10mm seemed to be too much to the female FBI agents, and after trying to lighten the load of the 10mm, the ammo manufacturers made the 40 cal by cutting down the shell.The .40 cal has the advantage of almost the stopping power of the 45 while having the capacity to carry almost as many rounds as a 9mm clip.There are plenty of .45 calibre handguns to choose from, and hopefully allowed in your state. The 10mm is popular with hunters as a backup round. It's ballastics is equivalent to the 41 magnum, while allowing to be a little more compact. I carry a Glock 20, and it is the size of a S&W 4586 or 4566, while carrying 15 rounds in the clip.However, it is rather expensive to shoot. If you become a dedicated 10mm enthusiast, learn to reload.Hope this helps.[/quote']hmm thought maybe it was a case of theres a particular load that really draws people to it, so its more how handy it is and its use as a more practical version of of a magnum handgun in a smaller package with more ammo then the 6 shots or 8 shot 357's then that draws people to it.hell I think the single stack 1006 has 9 in it doesnt it?so its pretty much just a handier version of a magnum gun for bush work and the like then and if you really dont have any use for that it kind of negates its use then and you might as well go for a .40 SW then.still though cant help but think the ideal Crockett collection wouldnt be complete without a 1006 just for the sheer hell of it, after all it was made by a big bren ten fan mr wayne novak who was behind the 4506 revision of the 645 and the creation of the 1006 and its the only steel version of a 10mm outside of the actual bren ten to be properly rigged up for that cartridge outside of the glock 20 and take the full blunt of the load.plus I've read that supposedly the 4506 matches the bren ten atleast in feel save for the cocked and locked and having the safety mounted on the frame thing hmm maybe the cool factor is enough then with it to warant its collection into the collection then.

• 1 year later...

Also an update for everyone, apparently in addition to the contract to make the Steyr AUG here in the US apparently vltor has gotten some sort of contract to make parts for a new version of the M16 for the Military called the M16 A5using a heavier barrel and a vltor stock, and I dont know if the barrel is also going to be made by them, although without fixing the gas system and overhauling the action I really dont see what kind of improvements are going to come from this.as it sounds like the thin barreled gas system is not going to be overhauled for it.which will make the 1,400 dollar a piece cost of this A5 system pretty much pointless.But this might explain why they dropped the bren ten, as now they have 3 possible known projects, some sort of grenade launcher, Steyr and now an M16 variant there doing for the Militaryin other news for this matter EAA has been making waves in the gunmagazines as of late, there now offering some sort of new .40 call double stack CZ based gun with damn near a 5 inch barrel like the bren ten.and from the photos it looks like its blued steel and possibly of a high quality, like EAA is making an effort to reach the quality of the CZ offerings.

• 2 months later...

Got an update today, there seems to be some odd rumblings from vltor right now, with a new news post on the Vltor blog

http://vltor.wordpress.com/2014/01/

and apparently it seems like the project may not be dead and we may get some sort of new look at the guns at the 2014 shot show which is comming up pretty soon, along with this vague video saying this will be the new vltor

ugh I guess its just dumb luck I saw the posting in a gun magazine about the 2014 shot show really, which starts on the 14th and thought to check.

unknown if it will amount to anything really, could be more pull our leg kinda stuff, or we could finally see the gun hit the store shelves

My recomendation at this point though if you want a miami vice gun, you could go for the other half of the pair, the Detonics Combat master, which in reading the book about it, it seems that they were linked in more ways than one

with the designer being friends with Jeff Cooper, the maker of the bren ten concept

and its just a cut down and welded .45 with the blued steel ones so it'd be a hell of alot easier to service and take care of than an original bren ten.

or the 645, mind you it appears that Smith and Wesson actually hard chromed the barrel on it to prevent gauling on some of their earlier pistols and they can be rough around the edges, so you need to work through it if you want one and just get used to the pistol and have patience

as the extractor on the thing is quite stiff, grips are abit thin and they can sometimes have rough feeling fittings like the shape of the trigger, among the squared bushings for the grips on the very early ones like Crockett's

which also apparently was one of the very first 645's, hence why in the soldier of foturne article it has a white front bead, then a black one in the show, vs the standard productions red one.

So the best bet would be the S4/S5 guns, the far more refined and modern 4506 and the 669, which was used as its hard to get blanks to function with .45's probably, probably because if they'res not enough pressure from the explosion after hitting the primer

the primer will not compress and thus the smaller by about a 10th of an inch 9mm was easier to get running properly than the detonics in that particular role, probably because the shorter barrel didnt give off enough pressure with the blanks to function properly.

also theres the pilot gun choices, the Sig Sauer 220 and the Detonics Pocket 9, which also can be found a hell of alot easier than some of Sonny's rarer guns.

but whatever you do, do not wait on these clowns again, atleast till it shows up at your local go to gunshop in some form or another.

also if your iching for a 10mm, glock still makes them although prices have skyrocketed for any smith that takes a 10mm, so its pretty much glock or nothing in that regard, unless you want to start paying rolex money for one.

so if you want one and want to feel the recoil of it like a proper magnum try and go for the shorter one, not the 20.

• 2 months later...

FROM VLTOR THEMSELVES:

January 9, 2014

To Our Valued Customers:

Bren Ten Project

We, at VLTOR, know that the subject of the Bren Ten handgun is of great interest to many of our customers. We understand
this has been a long process for you. It has been a long process for us as well. We also know that you have been given some
information along the way, but that information was limited and not regularly updated. Ultimately through this whole project,
our biggest regret is that we have let you down.

A little history behind the story

In 2010, VLTOR began a project that consisted of reengineering the original Bren Ten, 10mm handgun. Without the rights to
the name, we began developing the product under the name, VLTOR Fortis. We purchased the rights to the Bren Ten name,
giving us the ability to replicate the original Bren Ten. The initial prototypes of the Bren Ten pistol were shown at SHOT show
in 2010.

In the process of working on the design of the weapon and showing some initial prototypes, we were communicating with a
company called Spirit Guns as a primary distributor. Spirit Guns organized a purchase of Bren Ten handguns, and without our
consent or instruction, began taking pre-orders for the weapon. Spirit Guns went out of business shortly after this, which
created speculation and discontent for us. There was much debate occurring as to whether or not Spirit Guns was lead to
believe that development was closer to production than it was or whether we had approved the company to begin taking pre-
orders. We would like to assure you that neither of those were the case. We released the Bren Ten prototype prior to full
production in order to engage our customers and gauge demand on such a weapon. We did not give consent for any dealer or
distributor to begin preorder sales of the weapon prior to full testing and production.

Why hasn’t it gone into production yet?

We’d like to attempt to answer the biggest question all of you have: why hasn’t it gone into production yet? Although we’ve
sold several prototype units to a select few development partners, we have not yet achieved a design that is representative of
the standard you have come to expect from VLTOR. As a result, we have gone back to the drawing board multiple times, trying
to create the best possible product for you. As to be expected in the design process, some of those modifications have led us
down more than a couple of dead ends. In addition to design difficulties, turnover in our engineering department, coupled
with tough decisions for maintaining cash flows in a bad recession have been difficult and have also affected the Bren Ten
project.

In short, we haven’t lived up to your expectations. For that, we apologize. We want the Bren Ten to be the best we can build
in order to maintain its legacy and represent the level of quality you deserve.

The future of VLTOR and the Bren Ten

Our goal is to fill your demands and to do everything possible to satisfy our customer base. With that said, we are going to
continue to pursue the manufacture of the Bren Ten handgun. We know you have heard time and time again that “we are
working on it†and we understand if there might be continued skepticism. However, we hope that you will take into
consideration that we are working to be a new company; more driven to bring the innovative products to the market in a
timely manner with the quality you expect from us.

We have made changes to the company structure and to our manufacturing processes that are allowing us to be more
efficient in pursuing these projects. We can tell you that the Technical Data Pack (TDP) is complete for the Bren Ten, and as a
result of the recent changes to the business structure, a full design and engineering review have been completed. The next
step is to conduct a manufacturing review focusing on the new frame casting and current state of all the casting tools. Once
we can be certain the tools are capable of producing a quality, consistent product with the new materials, we will proceed to
an initial run of new prototypes. This will be a perilous undertaking as changes to casting tools generally have extended
timelines. However, if we achieve positive results, we will begin production in late 2014.

Many of you have been very patient with the process and we greatly appreciate that patience and support. Our goal is to keep
you up to date as the process unfolds, so please continue to visit our website and social media pages for updates as they
become available.

Sincerely,

Eingefügtes Bild

Gary Abrams

President/CEO