Vltor's Bren Ten Update

timm525

...... find someone like an engraver to put it on afterwards.................

Yes, an option...or laser engrave it.....Depending on the price point difference between the blued Vs. Vice model, you could also hard-chrome various components on the blued model to make a custom version....Regarding magazine availability, which they've touted from the beginning as 'not an issue'...I hope they contract with Meggar (Italian mfgr), of which I have NEVER had any problems with....(they are the OEM for many folks, including Sig).

BTW, Sig Sauer floated a concept, double-stack 45ACP (called a P221) some time ago, but it never materialized....I think only two (2) prototypes were ever made....Note the widening of the frame above and half-way through the trigger guard:http://img301.imageshack.us/i/p221fq8.jpg/Im sure these prototypes would be worth big $$

I've read in that blog that the mags are going to be interchangibile with the EAA witness which in of itself was pretty bren ten-ish looking.and jcm that really sucks they didnt put that double stack 45 into production, it seems like a pretty solid idea and since the sigs have no safeties it would be a good alternative to the glock 45 and the double stack 1911's that para ordnance makes.

....interchangeable....w EAA witness ......... sigs have no safeties......

Interchanging with existing, and proven platforms make sense....ever wonder why the 45ACP casing is a 'chopped' .308 NATO case?...or the 9mm Luger is a 'chopped' .223 Rem case ?....hmmm...in a pinch, you can use spent rifle cases, lathe them off and use them for pistol rounds...NATO...a smart alliance....oh, in the Cold War, you can use 'their' AK cartridges for the same purpose....The most important safety is the person holding the gun.....P-E-R-I-O-D. All the training in the world by the best SAS, SWAT, Blackwater, Lethal Force Institute, FrontSight and all the others doesn't substitute for the realization that the tool in your hand requires the ultimate in stewardship.Our Rights (in the US) come with extreme, and I mean EXTREME responsibility.The ALWAYS LOADED credo goes way far in keeping everyone safe. I was and still never any fan of paintball 'games' or AirSoft games....and especially any video games related to 1st person gun fights...it completely disgusts me to see so-called 'trained' kids that have played a video game and think that their ready for any type of range activity.Though the less-than-lethal actual projectile items (AirSoft / Paintball) have been used extensively for stress fire 'actual' live person training...the commercial side of laser tag games and paintball parks makes me cringe.This may PO some LE folks on the blog, or sound like Ted Nugent (Definitely Miami), but when areas that are designated 'Gun Free' zones...e.g. Columbine HS and VTech...sickens me to see ARMED POLICE hiding behind trees when the gun-free zone goes HOT.....frankly if I my carry rights have been usurped at the property line of the 'gun free' zone, then the police should protect me by becoming the bullet sponge between the bad guys and the unarmed public...until the bad guy is dead...

JCM I am sort of a converted revolver guy, I used to be really into semi autos (like my fathers CYQ WW2 walther P38) but after reading up about it more and more I'm starting to get a little worried about a safety lever of a semi getting acidentally put in the safe position when you need it to go off the most.some weird stuff can happen under stress after all and I know thats what trainings for with a handgun in the first place but like I said its just in the back of my mind now when it comes to semi autos and plus now that I've become pretty good at double action shooting with a revolver and quickly reloading it I'm just favoring it now and the no stupid key lock BS like on a modern smith revolver or the no manual safeties or no magazine cutoffs approach that almost all revolver manufactures, glocks and sigs go forthats ALL I ment by no safeties with the sig as in one less thing that can go wrong with a semi auto under stress and the sigs do have a decock lever as well to safely put it out of single action which I like.and I know the greatest safety is your trigger finger after all, do not fire until you have identifed the target and what lies beyond it and finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire.I dont know about the cases thing but it does make sense save for the primers.and I do agree with everything you said but where did that come from? I've never done any sort of paintballing nor metnioned anything to that extent but truth be told I do enjoy css gungame although I would NEVER emanate it in real life

......where did that come from?.....

Probably just venting a little...no harm meant.Your comments on decocking levers is important. Some time ago IL State Troopers were issued S/W 439 (9mm single column), with decocking (AND non-returning to Fire Position).....until an incident that cost the LE's life....as I understand (from another ILSP resource) the investigation found the drawn gun, with the safety ON, when he took fire from the bad guys. Very sad. I'm sure that has probably happened with Beretta 92F as well, considering the larger deployment in the Armed Forces. Beretta has come out with a 92G model, that has a spring-return feature on their decocker lever, which like the Sig, returns to Fire Position when released. The 92G is a DA/SA version, and other departments have gone to DAO versions.

......Some time ago IL State Troopers were issued S/W 439 (9mm single column)......

Long Long Ago....not sure what their std. issue is currently.....maybe Glocks, though lots of folks love them, they're not for me....I've never been any poly-framed fan of any brand...

• Administrators

Wow! More than a .45 ACP? That must've been a handful with such a small gun.Glad you liked it. Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

Wow! More than a .45 ACP? That must've been a handful with such a small gun.Glad you liked it. Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

Yes, most smaller pistols are known to have bigger recoil.

• 3 weeks later...

The ammo arrived 4 days later :thumbsup: and I was shooting them today. They are pretty good but have less kick / recoil than Hornady 155 Grain. Conclusion is: watered down powder - but not too bad. Good enough for the range at that price. No loading problems at all and the brass / primer look good.Always funny when you shoot Hollow Point at the rang and the staff starts complaining because it takes out the backs of the target frame :D

• 1 month later...

Some members on The Bren Ten Forum have posted Emails from Brass Pro indicating the Bren Tens will start shipping in late October. I hope this happens and I may break down and get a Standard before the Vice Model comes out. If so I'll post pictures with a followup range report. Stay tune Bren Ten Fans!

• Administrators

I'm on the list with my local dealer. Gun dealer that is. ;)He's supposedly getting a Vice model as a demo.Time will tell.

Any word if 45ACPs are being shipped at the same time ? or is the bulk of production in 10MM ?

I don't know and Vltor isn't exactly forthcoming with info.?(

• 1 month later...

Who wants a Bren 10???For those fans whod really love to have a Bren 10 like Crockett had after the pilot and until season 3, heres your chance if you cant find/afford an actual Dornaus and Dixon Bren 10-http://www.defensereview.com/vltor-fortis-semi-auto-pistol-improved-bren-ten-in-10mm-and-45acp/They are being made by VLTOR and Fortis in a joint venture, so far no word if they are gonna make a Miami Vice finish one(the pistol crocket used has a special finish that isnt standard)Since 10mm ammo is pricey you can also get one in .45 which is fairly cheap and plentiful:happy:

glad to see they are releasing a 'VICE' model Bren 10AFA the Bren 10 Forum, it must be a different user by the same screen name as this is the only place Im aware of that I use this nameANy estimate on price? I originally heard somewhere around 1K as a real Bren 10 is like $1200 IIRC

glad to see they are releasing a 'VICE' model Bren 10AFA the Bren 10 Forum' date=' it must be a different user by the same screen name as this is the only place Im aware of that I use this nameANy estimate on price? I originally heard somewhere around 1K as a real Bren 10 is like $1300 IIRC[/quote'] Sorry, There is another person using a similar name there. The vice Models will be about $1200 if current prices hold. http://www.sportingproducts.com/catalog/bren-ten-2010-web.pdf

sorry for starting a dupe topic, thanks for the move! :happy:I hope they come down, Id happily pay $8-900 maybe 1K, beyond that Ill have to waitThen I have to decide if I want cost effective common .45 or 10mm to make it a true 10

sorry for starting a dupe topic' date=' thanks for the move! :happy:I hope they come down, Id happily pay $8-900 maybe 1K, beyond that Ill have to waitThen I have to decide if I want cost effective common .45 or 10mm to make it a true 10[/quote']There is the EAA Witness which resembles the Bren available in 10MM and .45ACP that would be in your price range:Eingefügtes Bild