Vltor's Bren Ten Update

timm525

• Administrators

I don't know about anyone else but I'm about ready to write Vltor off!Almost 6 months with no update...two years of missed deadlines...I think their customer scv is crap. How can they promote a product and not give regular updates?They were lastly supposed to start shipping end of last month. Yeah right!If this is the way they are now, what happens down the line if you need parts? I'm very close to taking the 1200/1300 bucks I was going to spend on this gun and just buy myself one or two other guns for Christmas.OK, rant over. :evil:Carry on!

I don't know about anyone else but I'm about ready to write Vltor off!Almost 6 months with no update...two years of missed deadlines...I think their customer scv is crap. How can they promote a product and not give regular updates?They were lastly supposed to start shipping end of last month. Yeah right!If this is the way they are now' date=' what happens down the line if you need parts? I'm very close to taking the 1200/1300 bucks I was going to spend on this gun and just buy myself one or two other guns for Christmas.OK, rant over. :evil:Carry on![/quote'] I know how you feel. This was posted on the Bren Ten Forum:TUCSON, AZ - Vltor Weapon Systems announced today that the much awaited release of the new production Bren Ten pistol has been delayed; contrary to some beliefs, the Vltor Bren Ten pistol will not be released at the 2011 SHOT Show. A spokesman for Vltor Weapons said that since the beginning of the Fortis/Bren project, the new pistol has undergone numerous and often significant changes and the engineering and design team has had to overcome a great deal of challenges to make the new Bren Ten not only work, but to be a significantly better pistol than the previous attempts.The Vltor representative went on to say that "This is not just about making a new pistol, this is about taking a legacy design and making it right. We have worked to make this pistol reliable, accurate, affordable and true to the original design; this is something that no one else has been able to do, and it takes time to make that happen." Both Vltor Weapon Systems and their parent company Abrams Airborne Manufacturing are more than confident that the new Bren Ten pistol is on course and will be more than worth the wait, but are not ready to set a release date for the new pistol.I too will be getting a refund next week and looking to buy another Sig 220 or 228. They are my favorite Sigs and the 220 was used in the Miami Vice Series and has been used by Michael Mann in many of his movies. My favorite DA/SA pistol design.

• Administrators

I'm with you buddy. Gladly I haven't put up any money for it yet.Not that I need another 9mm, but I've been eyeing a Sig 226 Navy for some time. At 800-850 bucks it's a bit more affordable then Vltor's non-existent Bren.At this rate, I'll think about picking one up in 2015 which should be about the time they "might" be releasing the damn thing. :rolleyes:That's no way to run a business.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone have the slightest idea when your going to get your guns?Also, if you put down money in a pre order, how much longer do they hold your money? Until you ask for it back and or get your gun? :rolleyes:Seems like quite a long wait. Perhaps they shouldn't be taking pre orders so early.

• Administrators

Last I heard even Vltor doesn't know when they will release it. I wouldn't be surprised if they just announce one day that they had to pull the plug completely. That would be a real shame but they are obviously having more serious problems then they are reporting.I'm glad I didn't put any money down. I would be demanding it back! :evil:

I got my money back from Brass Pro for the Brens I pre ordered. If and when the Bren is made again I'll look to buy one "Vice" Model and if it works I'll buy another in .45ACP. In the meantime I bid on a Witness in Wonderfinish in .45ACP on GunBroker and won the bid at $355 which I consider a good deal with the spare magazine and holster included. It has the older square slide and is about as close to a poor man's "Vice" Bren as you're going to find. Should get it tomorrow so hopefully it's as good as pictured.Here's a link to the auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=211817483

I got my money back from Brass Pro for the Brens I pre ordered. If and when the Bren is made again I'll look to buy one "Vice" Model and if it works I'll buy another in .45ACP. In the meantime I bid on a Witness in Wonderfinish in .45ACP on GunBroker and won the bid at $355 which I consider a good deal with the spare magazine and holster included. It has the older square slide and is about as close to a poor man's "Vice" Bren as you're going to find. Should get it tomorrow so hopefully it's as good as pictured.Here's a link to the auction: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=211817483

WOW! THAT is one heck of a great price for that gun!!!How many guns do you own now?I do want the bren, but I'm not putting any money down.

I'll give money when I see gun in hand!

All I'm afraid is that they will say they only had so many to go around, and I lost out because I didn't put money down to secure one. :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I'm afraid Vltor has put the Bren Ten off for awhile or perhaps forever. The Bren Ten Forum has changed and can be found here: http://www.roguechristian.com/brenten_forum/index.php?&sid=7926d421a501d4166d29485fe02c2b48 I'm still hoping the Bren will be made. Maybe someone will buy the rights from Vltor who will make it. I have dreams of S&W picking it up.:cool:

• Administrators

Thanks Gary!I was looking for that forum last night and didn't spend enough time to find it.I kinda figured that this venture would peter out. I get the impression they have huge military contracts for arms in Iraq and Afghanistan and dedicating time and resources to make a few thousand pistols for the civilian market is not high on their list.It could also be that R&D cost overruns so far have made the project impractical as to their return on investment. They may have just said the hell with it and scraped it if they are too far deep to practically recover costs without a profit.Oh well, it was a nice dream.Ba****ds! :evil::thumbsdown::evil::thumbsdown::evil::thumbsdown::evil:

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Here is there March 31st update. (let me state this March 31st of 2011, just wanna get the year right as this thread may go on for a few decades at this rate! :thumbsdown:)Click ---> here"We would like to inform our customers, industry partners and friends that Sporting Products of West Palm Beach, FL is no longer handling the distribution or sales of the Vltor Bren Ten pistol – this news came to us recently from Sporting Products and we are unable to make any further comments regarding the dissolution. We do want to let everyone know that we are bringing the full management and oversight of the Vltor Bren Ten back under our roof; effective immediately the design, manufacture, marketing and distribution of the Bren Ten will be solely and squarely on Vltor Weapon Systems and Abrams Airborne Manufacturing. We hope that this repositioning will allow us to not only oversee this project from start to finish, but that it will also put us in direct contact with the retailers and customers. In the next few weeks, we will reestablish our presence on the Internet and open the forum to provide updated and candid information about the Bren Ten pistol. We do want to say that beyond our initial discussions to use Sporting Products as the sole distributor of the Bren Ten, we have not committed to any pre-orders or sales agreements, nor have we received any down payment for any of the Bren Ten pistols. If you believe that you have a purchase agreement of any type for the Bren Ten, you should contact Sporting Products directly with your concerns. Again, we hope to make the best of this event and get the Vltor Bren Ten to the shooting market as soon as possible."Sounds to me like Sporting Products of West Palm Beach got tired of waiting with no answers from them and told them to go get Eingefügtes Bilded! I can't say I blame them as I feel the same way. :evil:What a disappointment this has turned out to be. :thumbsdown:

Well... At least the intention to bring it to market is still there. That's the news I wanted to hear. So... Thanks for the update!

Nah I dont think it is, we've known about this post for awhile over at the bren ten forums and we've all more or less come to the conclusion that it was just a market study and they had no real intention of really bringing it to the market.Plus there was 0 prototypes or anything about the bren ten at the 2011 shot show and the NRA convention this year and someone at the bren forums got an odd response from them supposedly saying that they may be selling the entire run to a private collector as bizzare as that sounds and when asked about it latter they didnt dispute it or say anything to the contrary.and FYI gunsight didnt even know that their logo was on the bren ten prototype's of the 2010 shot show to begin with and FYI gungsight and ruger have come out with another cooper based product, his scout rifle So considering that there is already a 10MM CZ variant out there being made with a bunch of other 10mm's on the market if they really would have wanted to make it, they would have MADE it by now.basically consider this thing dead and burried and thus I'm planning on having a 645 done up like the vice bren with a bead blasted slide as a subsititue.or a 4506 if I can find one and nickel plate its frame, whatever comes first.

Nah I dont think it is' date=' we've known about this post for awhile over at the bren ten forums and we've all more or less come to the conclusion that it was just a market study and they had no real intention of really bringing it to the market.Plus there was 0 prototypes or anything about the bren ten at the 2011 shot show and the NRA convention this year and someone at the bren forums got an odd response from them supposedly saying that they may be selling the entire run to a private collector as bizzare as that sounds and when asked about it latter they didnt dispute it or say anything to the contrary.and FYI gunsight didnt even know that their logo was on the bren ten prototype's of the 2010 shot show to begin with and FYI gungsight and ruger have come out with another cooper based product, his scout rifle So considering that there is already a 10MM CZ variant out there being made with a bunch of other 10mm's on the market if they really would have wanted to make it, they would have MADE it by now.basically consider this thing dead and burried and thus I'm planning on having a 645 done up like the vice bren with a bead blasted slide as a subsititue.or a 4506 if I can find one and nickel plate its frame, whatever comes first.[/quote'] Sadly I agree.:cry:

let me tell you Garry I really envy you for having a usable bren ten example in your possesion, for me I'm **** outta luck as Eastwood would say.and coincidentally now in the mood for the Stranglers song No Mercy for some odd reason.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Thanks for the update but I'm not holding my breath!Even if they do make the gun, I'm going to be a little skeptical about buying one after all this. If this is their commitment to building the gun, I can't help but wonder what their customer service will be like down the road if you need replacement parts.If they do go through with this, I for see them doing the same as Dornaus and Dixon. Make a few thousand and then most likely discontinue it as they will most likely not go out of business due to their other products. But I don't see them supporting this long term.Hope I'm wrong though.

Indeed and the worst part is if they had just replicated the design of the original instead of changing it like they did and kept the quality control consistant they would have been doing the owners of the original a big favor, reduced production costs and it wold have been out by now or probably 3 years ago.

• 1 month later...

Im sick of companies not delivering what they promise, or in such small numbers they may as well be non existent like the Aries SHRIKE, the Kel Tec RFB, and now the V/F Bren 10Dont stroke us on a project then dismiss it after hyping it for YEARS