miami vice 2

rob fray

Guest neworder

yeah unfortunately michael mann f*cked it upi dont think its an awful film, but you just have to go on amazon and read reader reviews to tell that there is a general concensus that the movie is not popular, it barely made a profit aswell apparently.

• Administrators

I think the expectations of it were very high from the TV series audience.Nothing but the character's names were the same and it turned out to be a big let down for a lot of us Vicers.It was an OK movie, it just didn't really tie in with the series.In the end, it looked like another action cop movie.Just my opinion.

orginal castThey should make a new novie.... BUT this time with the orginal CAST. Crockett& Tubbs return to MIAMI. Crockett said at the last episode that he was going south-so why not let him return to miami from some caribbian island? Or evan better , start the MV series again!!!!with the orginal cast

I wonder if having a made for TV movie with original people a reunion movie of sorts has ever been discussed? I know DALLAS and DUKES OF HAZZARD did it why not VICE? I am just curious? I am a huge fan of the first 2 years of the show!

i tihnk us OG vicers have to stop beating up this movie.. i for one thaught it was great... and il take vice anyway i can get it... no it wasent don and mike in a daytona... but it was a 21st century vice in the nitty gritty non joke world of the miami dade vice squad in the last 10 15 years michael man moved from brash colours and comedic scenecs to flat out full on realism and grittyness. for instance Heat.. no jokes.. strictly bussines. same goes for collateral and the new MV... what we have to relize is the 80s are over and this is what vice wil lever be.. im only 20 and i saw the film first and it got me into the series... so you ahve to give it credit for making new vice fans...

No Way!I thought the movie could get interesting after Alonzo´s death. But lets face it, no charisma, no chemistry, some good scene shots, and that´s all.

My daughter is 23 and she knows the movie and the series and she told me that the movie wasn´t different to any other action movie she´s ever seen before. It´s got nothing similar to the series. So I never watched the movie. It´s the same with "Dallas". I watched it in the 80s, but if someone makes a ovie of it with other actors I wouldn´t watch it.

My daughter is 23 and she knows the movie and the series and she told me that the movie wasn´t different to any other action movie she´s ever seen before. It´s got nothing similar to the series. So I never watched the movie. It´s the same with "Dallas". I watched it in the 80s' date=' but if someone makes a ovie of it with other actors I wouldn´t watch it.[/quote']the way michael man shot the film is unlike anyother no offence but ya daughter dont know **** .... the film looks stunning especially on blu ray.... the relisim of the trailer park scene was very good the way the characters interacted with each other... was to me ogininal..... tell me what came out in 06 that looked like this film..

I really think that the movie would have done better if it had different people in it. I think Eva Mendes would have been a much better choice than Gong LI for that role. Also I think Al Pacino would have been a great Lt. Castillo . I think Mann could have had the exact same movie with different people and it would have done double what it did at the box office.

Or evan better ' date=' start the MV series again!!!!with the orginal cast[/quote']IN MY FANTASY WORLD ... I agree with you 100%. This is something I'd love to see.IN THE REAL WORLD ... I know TV execs aren't greenlighting shows about 60-year-old cops. And a remake just wouldn't cut it, even with DJ's kid. DJ and PMT are C&T. Period. (IMO, of course.)

Guest neworder

If there is one thing miami vice the movie does perfectly, is the use of scenery and the use of music. The film is a lovely movie to look at, fantastic thunderstorms, smooth speedboats and even in the more depressin locals like columbia, its interesting to look at. The music is also spot on throughout....a lot like the TV series i might add. The movie is exactly like the TV show when it comes to stunning use of scenery and stunning use of music.Its just a shame that not enough Miami was in the movie....Personally i did enjoy the movie, but it took me 3 views to truly understand what was going on, and sadly most audiences of today want to understand it straight away which is why the film wasn't received so well and is why i doubt there will ever be a second film sadly.

Yes, it's worth noting that I, too loved the look and feel of the film. I thought it looked exactly the way MV would've looked and sounded if it had debuted in this era. Overall, I dig the flick. The characterizations weren't quite up to snuff and the Gong Li subplot went on far too long, but it's not bad.

I´ve got an idea for a movie with DJ and PMT as Crockett and Tubbs. Imagine one of the gangsters they had fought against returns. He finds out that Crocketts son Billy lives in Miami and that Rico´s son is living there, too. He takes them hostage and forces Rico and Sonny to come back and fight again.

While I am a huge fan of the Miami Vice series, I am not blind to the impracticality of attempting to bring back DJ and PMT to reprise the roles of Crockett and Tubbs. The movie had a great story (albeit rehashed) and my familiarity with the characters made the story one that could be easily followed.I am extremely grateful for Mann's not insulting my intellegence. So many films are geared for the teenage brain and have no cerebral stimulation. Miami Vice (the movie) requires some thought from the watcher to follow, which is why so many didn't enjoy it. If you want brainless, albeit decent entertainment, watch Bad Boys. I for one hope that we get a sequal... one that showcases Miami and develops the characters we love so much.

are C&T. Period. (IMO, of course.)

yup...here comes Sonny with his walker trying to jump into the speedboat of choice and puts his hip out. He dials 911 and Tubbs shows up on an electric scooter beating off Elvis with his cane.Switec shows up in a Smart car but has trouble getting out as he is now 400 pounds and smokes cigars.Gina comes to Sonny's aid but can't find the place, so she just goes around in circles as the left turn signal is stuck in the "on" position, so she just carries on in her dimensia.Big booty Trudy has died of heart failure as her ass got so big she became diabetic.Well we know Zito is dead and we will always miss him.Castillo........Well lets see.......Oh yeh...he comes in like a ninja warrior and saves Sonny, but the sound does not match his mouth movements making it a cheezy voice-over like a bad kung foo movie. He twists his ankle when he jumps on the boat so now there are two casualties.Oh I forgot about Tubbs...he was eaten by Elvis!Miami ambulance finally shows up and takes Sonny to the hospital where they kick him out fifteen minutes later because his health insurance has lapsed. Fin....yeh right.............great movie?

Why shouldn´t DJ and PMT do the same as Silvester Stallone and Harrison Ford did? In the past men agd 60 were old, but not today. I think they could play their roles again.