miami vice 2

rob fray

Remember, we'd all love to see this. But the difference is that, for starters, both of these guys are movie stars (something DJ and PMT could never get going for whatever reasons). Secondly, Sly and Ford had blockbuster franchises they could revive.In the world of TV, there's very little regard to history. It's more common to cannibalize the past and update classic shows with an all-new cast and modern sensibility (the new Knight Rider, for example). Probably the closest TV has ever come to the kind of Vice scenario we'd all like to see is when Raymond Burr came back as Perry Mason in a series of successful TV movies. But Perry Mason was never an action show.Sad as it may be, it's rare for a TV action star to be in his 60s.This is not an ACam-type kiboshing of the idea. I am totally in love with the idea of an age-appropriate return to Vice. But I simply don't see it happening.

Remember' date=' we'd all love to see this.when Raymond Burr came back as Perry Mason in a series of successful TV movies. But Perry Mason was never an action show.Sad as it may be, it's rare for a TV action star to be in his 60s.This is not an ACam-type kiboshing of the idea. I am totally in love with the idea of an age-appropriate return to Vice. But I simply don't see it happening.[/quote']Well at least I hope you guys got a kick out of my little scenario???Yes I can see Ramond Burr now saying...."Hurry up and wheel me over to that next crime" (as he sits in his wheel chair) I can hear the hydraulic wheelchair lift creeking as we speak... Way to go Ironside!Well..........isn't that what he did in the 70's when he tried to revive his career?Any new vice would just ruin the old ones for me. Remember they were a breakthrough television show that took chances back in the 80's. That is why so many people loved it and it became a number one tv hit! Really....how is a new show with the gerital crowd going to "Break new ground"? They already aire Viagara commercials........................Is there anything else to shock us with?

• 5 months later...

Here is my idea for he remake show- Christian Slater as Crockett, Annabella Sciorra as Gina, George Lopez as Castillo, Luis Guzman as Rodriguez (if they stick to the original show a little bit), John Leguizamo as Calderone, hard to do an Izzy style or Noughy style character so I suggest a recurring guest spot for Dane Cook, Michael Rappaport as Zito, since they probably won't follow the show exactly, I suggest Michelle Rodriguez as Trudy. It would take place in modern-day Miami, it would use the same format of the show-plenty of action, well written characters, and lots of licensed music. Haven't a clue who could play Swaitek or Tubbs. Can you imagine guests?- Bill Fichtner, Dennis Farina, Gary Busey in a Vietnam themed episode, Dennis Hopper, Michael Madsen and many more. If Jan does the music it would come out great. (but of course, still not the original.)

A new movie probably is NOT going to happen. Not because the reviews were medicore, not because there was no chemistry, and not because the first film didn't follow the series closely enough. We won't see new a film because the first one was not successful enough. Unfortunately, money talks louder than we do.Of course, even Baby Geniuses got a sequel, so anything's possible.That being said, I've always thought MV worked okay as an action movie, just not very well as an update of the series.Now, an updated series, we might see, at some point, at least. But, I'm afraid it'd be more along the lines of the new Knight Rider than anything we'd want to see. Frankly, if that's our option, I'd rather just enjoy the original series. A new one probably won't be better, anyway.

might see, at some point, at least. But, I'm afraid it'd be more along the lines of the new Knight Rider than anything we'd want to see. Frankly, if that's our option, I'd rather just enjoy the original series. A new one probably won't be better, anyway.

Well, you never know, Police Academy had six sequels.

Well' date=' you never know, Police Academy had six sequels.[/quote']The Police Academy series was also popular at the box-office for most of it's run. PA6 was a disappointment finacially, and the seventh grossed under a million. The series was cancelled afterward (An 8th installment is supposedly in the works, however).My whole point is that the MV movie didn't do all that well at the box-office, which in all likelihood killed any chances of a sequel. Like I said before, anything's possible, but I wouldn't hold out hope.Not trying to be pessimistic, just realistic.

Actually Lar, I believe Police Academy 8 has been scrapped.I want to say Steve Guttenberg said there was interest, and then it just kind of died. I think everyone has pretty much buried it.

• 1 month later...
there seems to be a detailed script doing the rounds on .org for Miami Vice 2 - whether this is written by Michael Mann , I dont know - but this is how the Miami Vice 2006 movie got started.Its a very detailed script with genuine Miami locations

Actually Lar' date=' I believe Police Academy 8 has been scrapped.I want to say Steve Guttenberg said there was interest, and then it just kind of died. I think everyone has pretty much buried it.[/quote']Good! How long can you stay in kindergarten anyway?

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I hope for a new Miami Vice movie is that this time around you can hear what the hell everybody's saying. Seriously, were they drunk when they made the film?

• 2 months later...

I don't get this. Why would a screenwriter put their entire movie script on the internet? Like leaving a sign on your front door - steal my stuff - door is open?

They're trying to sell their script - they're advertising themselves and their writing skills...

i read the whole script and enjoyed it. It was gripping...I had to read it till the end to know what happened. Its a good story and it would be good if we could somehow make MV2 happen. though MV'06 was a disappointment, it would still be good if there were another movie...but I don't think Mann does movie sequels...

• 2 weeks later...

ScriptFor everyone that liked the sequel script, THANK YOU!! Im quite proud of it. Working with an agent now. Im trying to get Mr. Mann to look at it so spread the word if you would like to see it. Hey this is the internet...we can reach millions on here!! Someone connected to the film has got to take notice.

• 3 weeks later...

Re: MV sequelHI MV fans :)I have been thinking about a sequel for some time now and I have written a pilot with a great story line that brings back both Sonny (Don Johnson) and Rico (Michael Philip Thomas).I am trying to get in contact with either Anthony Yerkovich, Michael Mann, or Universal Studios. Can anyone help me contact any of the above? I REALLY WANT TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN :)! I want to bring this show back Big time :)!Thanks :)Renato

One thing I have learned in my few years on this earth...You can never go home.Just enjoy the DVD's as I do and continue to find entertainment in them. You or anyone else will probably NEVER regain what it had originally, but I commend your efforts.

One thing I have learned in my few years on this earth...You can never go home.Just enjoy the DVD's as I do and continue to find entertainment in them. You or anyone else will probably NEVER regain what it had originally' date=' but I commend your efforts.[/quote']i agree with this very much!!!i still want to see another movie: Miami Vice 2, though i didn't like the first movie...but as for another MV tv show...i'm not so sure it'll be so good - it might be OK, but not special like the original 80s tv show...one of the best things about the show is that it was set in the 80s - this is one of the reasons why we like it, since it reminds us of the good times of the 80s...

• 7 months later...

Well at least I hope you guys got a kick out of my little scenario???Yes I can see Ramond Burr now saying...."Hurry up and wheel me over to that next crime" (as he sits in his wheel chair) I can hear the hydraulic wheelchair lift creeking as we speak... Way to go Ironside!Well..........isn't that what he did in the 70's when he tried to revive his career?Any new vice would just ruin the old ones for me. Remember they were a breakthrough television show that took chances back in the 80's. That is why so many people loved it and it became a number one tv hit! Really....how is a new show with the gerital crowd going to "Break new ground"? They already aire Viagara commercials........................Is there anything else to shock us with?

Old age didn't stop the Equalizer. ;)