Vicers in Bradenton

KaeptnCaipi

• Administrators

Heute haben wir uns mit Jim in Bradenton getroffen. Jim ist hier bei uns und auf mv.org als miamijimf angemeldet.Wir haben auf unserem Weg von St. Petersburg in die Everglades einen kurzen Stopp in Bradenton eingelegt und uns mit Jim über die "guten alten Zeiten, als es in Orlando nur zwei Ampeln gab" und "Miami vor der Invasion der Hispanics" unterhalten. Natürlich war auch Miami Vice ein Thema. Jim erzählte uns u.a. von einem Typ in Miami, der viele Neonreklamen (z.B. die Lippen vm Sex-World oder Bernay's Cafe) zu Hause hat.Es war eine sehr nette Unterhaltung und es macht immer wieder Spass, Leute, die man nur online "kennt", mal im richtigen Leben zu treffen.Und weil's so schön war, treffen wir uns an Silvester mit Don in South Beach.Hi Jim,it was really great meeting you today in Bradenton. It's always interesting meeting the people you only "know" online in real life.Eingefügtes Bild

Thanks Caipi,It was great meeting you and your lovely bride. In this picture we were facing the sun and you guys were smart enough to put your sunglasses on. Have a wonderful time.

• Administrators

Great you see you again, MiamiJimF :blumen:Have a nice time, folks! Hope you'll do some very "vicy" things ... 8)

• Administrators
Nice' date=' MiamiJimF. You are the only correct dressed one on the photo...:klatsch:[/quote']Das konnte ich natürlich net auf mir sitzen lassen und habe heute im Bayside Market Place in Miami doch tatsächlich ein Miami Vice T-Shirt gefunden und gekauft.Eingefügtes Bild

• Administrators

You really did, MiamiJimF. 8)Hope you all get an extra bonus in several hotels and institutions with that dress. By the way: Is the show still "alive" in Miami? Do people - even younger ones - remember Crockett and Tubbs? Are the inhabitants still proud to be a part of TV history?:radar:

This is interesting for me too. If You choose MV-clothings, is there anyone who rolls the eyes :rolleyes: ? Or do You get any applause :klatsch: ?

• Administrators

Die Tante im Shop hatte uns gesagt, dass zumindest die T-Shirts sehr beliebt seien. Ich vermute aber mal, eher bei den Touris als bei den Einheimischen.

You really did' date=' MiamiJimF. 8)Hope you all get an extra bonus in several hotels and institutions with that dress. By the way: Is the show still "alive" in Miami? Do people - even younger ones - remember Crockett and Tubbs? Are the inhabitants still proud to be a part of TV history?:radar:[/quote']Ell.a,Miamians, even the young ones remember Vice, or recognize the name. Some are proud of it. Just check the Location Trivia thread on Miami-Vice.Org and you will see how interested people are when they discover that their house/property was on Vice. It really opens doors for DanJ and the other "Location Hunters." Of course there are people who didn't like the show because of the image of crime and violence it gave the area. Yet it was a realistic but slightly exaggerated image. Community leaders, newspapers, and other public sources recognize what the show did to revitalize South Beach. The tradition continues with the new TV show Burn Notice. See my posts at http://www.miamivice.info/showthread.php?t=2358 Regards,

This is interesting for me too. If You choose MV-clothings' date=' is there anyone who rolls the eyes :rolleyes: ? Or do You get any applause :klatsch: ?[/quote']I have never seen eye rolling except from my family and some of my old friends who are tired of hearing about the show. I've never heard applause. Usually strangers are curious about where you got the shirt and you get a comment either. "I liked that show." or Ya, I remember Vice."

• 3 weeks later...

:) Dann hatte ich dein Shirt schon in der Hand. Leider war mein Koffer schon zu voll.

Komm sei ehrlich,Freundchen!Hat Dir nicht gepasst,was?:D

Genau, die Farbe passt nicht zu meinem Teint. :)Gab aber auch coole "Scarface"-Shirts. Aber ich trag halt lieber mein Castillo Leibchen.8)