Movie Quotes?

timm525

• Administrators
Wasn't that in the first Star Trek series where the ship is captured by Aliens and Kirk order the ships computers to destruct if the Aliens don't let them go? I think Scotty or Spock says the first voice check input codes' date=' and Kirk spells out the final sequnece with those illustrious words to initiate the countdown to the final destruction blast.Am I correct?[/quote']Well, kinda, but your mixing two movies together. Ok, for all you Star Trek nerds out there here’s a bit of trivia for you.In Star Trek III, The Search for Spock, towards the end of the movie, the Enterprise battles the Klingons and their automation system is knocked out. They are “sitting ducks” and Kirk realizes he can not win but also knows he can not give the Enterprise up to the Klingons. So he decides to self destruct the ship. Kirk: Bones, you and Sulu to the transporter room. The rest of you, with me. We have a job to do.Kirk: Commander, Klingon vessel…prepare to board this ship on my next signal.Kruge: No tricks, Kirk. You have one minute.Kirk: No tricks. I’m looking forward to meeting you.Kirk: Computer, this is Admiral James T. Kirk, request security access… Computer, destruct sequence one…code 1-1A.Scott: Computer, Commander Montgomery Scott…chief engineering officer. Destruct sequence two…code 1-1A-2B.Chekov: Computer, this is Commander Pavel Chekov, acting science officer. Destruct sequence three…code 1B-2B-3.Computer: Destruct sequence completed and engaged. Awaiting final code for one-minute countdown.Kirk: Code zero zero zero destruct zeroComputer: Destruct sequence is activated.This is the destruct code that only destroys the ship and nothing else. There by leaving the Klingon Bird of Prey unharmed as the Enterprise is destroyed.On Star Trek, The Motion Picture, the final destruct code that would have been used to destroy VGER and the Enterprise was “zero zero zero Destruct one”. This would have mixed the matter and antimatter together creating an uncontrolled explosion of the Enterprise and anything around it.Kirk: Engineering.Scott: Scott here.Kirk: Mr. Scott, be prepared to execute Starfleet order 2-0-0-5.Scott: When sirKirk: On my command.Scott: Aye, sirCadet: Why has the Captain ordered self-destruct sir?Scott: I would say, lass, because he thinks--he hopes that when we go up, we’ll take the intruder with us.Cadet: Will we?Scott: When that much matter and antimatter are brought together…oh, yes, we will indeed.So there you have it folks. Make sure you know which code to enter when you want to blow up your ship. :pEnd of lesson. :gift:Thank you.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• timm525

• Tommy Vercetti

• Dadrian

• sredd

• Administrators

Where do we see (computer screen) and hear (spoken at same time) this code:"zero zero zero Destruct zero"What does it blow up?Name the movie please.

ST 3 "The Search For Spock"It blows up the Enterprise 1701-A and about a dozen KlingonsOops, didn't see the above post!

• Administrators
ST 3 "The Search For Spock"It blows up the Enterprise 1701-A and about a dozen KlingonsOops' date=' didn't see the above post![/quote']You are correct except it was not NCC 1701-A. It was the refit of the original series NCC 1701.NCC 1701-A was the ship they got at the end of Star Trek 4.{Sorry, my nerdy head is showing itself again. :o}

How about these two from the same movie:"There are ways of killin' yourself without killin' yourself""Are you a nice girl or are you a c*nt?"

• Administrators

...in the mean time...Quote spoken:"He got your gun...he got your badge...he got your teeth! You're a disgrace to the department!"Name the movie!