Sign in to follow this  
Ferrariman

Episode #68 "Heroes Of The Revolution"

Vincent Hanna    484
Vincent Hanna
I'm sorry...but I have to totally disagree with you on this one! ;) I do not think Gina is the least talented in the cast. Out of respect for the whole cast I will not state who I think that is...but I will state that it's NOT Gina (Saundra)! I thought her acting was superb and enjoyable...as well as her singing' date=' and who's complaining because she's hot too? Not me! :happy: I wish they'd of done more episodes that revolved around her, or Trudy. I have to stick with my original review and rating:[/quote']Nah Gina gets a fair share of episodes and most of them suck.But yeh Trudy deserved more, she was always good in bit parts

ViceFanMan    198
ViceFanMan
Nah Gina gets a fair share of episodes and most of them suck.But yeh Trudy deserved more' date=' she was always good in bit parts[/quote']Gina does get a few more than Trudy...but I think most, if not all, are awesome! :thumbsup: I love Saundra Santiago and she helped "make" that show, as did Olivia Brown! It wasn't all just Crockett and Tubbs. ;) From what I've read before when researching the show, Saundra was the first cast member hired.

Vincent Hanna    484
Vincent Hanna
Gina does get a few more than Trudy...but I think most' date=' if not all, are awesome! :thumbsup: I love Saundra Santiago and she helped "make" that show, as did Olivia Brown! It wasn't all just Crockett and Tubbs. ;) From what I've read before when researching the show, Saundra was the first cast member hired.[/quote']I don't mind her in Bought and Paid for. That's her best episode.But the two Gina episodes that bookend S3 are not very strong considering.I can see why people were disappointed by the changes in S3, You wait all summer to watch your favourite show and it's turned from Vice to Gina locking lips with Liam Neeson. I'd have been pissed off:)

ViceFanMan    198
ViceFanMan
I don't mind her in Bought and Paid for. That's her best episode.But the two Gina episodes that bookend S3 are not very strong considering.I can see why people were disappointed by the changes in S3' date=' You wait all summer to watch your favourite show and it's turned from Vice to Gina locking lips with Liam Neeson. I'd have been pissed off:)[/quote']Although he is a good actor, I'm not a huge Liam Neeson fan. ;) But, that part really isn't that big of a deal to me because he was only in that one episode (as you knew he was gonna get taken down at the end). If they had tried to have him live and show up later, I might have thought that was somewhat goofy.But, I still really like both of Gina's season 3 episodes...this one and "When Irish Eyes Are Crying"! I liked the plots, Saundra, action, colors, etc... Between the two this one's my favorite, but neither piss me off at all! :D
  • Like 1

Viceguy    8
Viceguy

Just rewatched it, hoping that my opinion might change.But no, it still ranks as a very poor ep in my book - and certainly the worst episode of the season.I don't even want to go into detailes - the plot of using Gina singing in order to lure Pedrosa into a trap ...just stupid. BTW, did anybody get a feeling that the camerawork and the editing were inexclusably poor in this episode? I couldn't even believe my eyes - a lot of scenes shot from a single angle, and to top it off most scenes just consist of closeups.How boring.It's almost like they were in a hurry to go on vacation.

310 (Jan Hammer's score was terrific)

Edited by Viceguy

Matt5    1,919
Matt5

Loved the score in this episode and the extensive use of the Hotel Victor in Ocean Drive

Vice Immersion    54
Vice Immersion

Was it ever explained (not just in this episode, but anywhere in the series) how Gina got her last name, Calabrese, when her mother's last name (which I'm assuming Gina's mother and father were married before the Cuban Revolution) was Obergon?  Was it her aunt's last name so that she could more easily convince the U.S. authorities and others that Gina was her daughter when she and Gina fled Cuba and arrived in the U.S.?

Edited by Vice Immersion

AzVice    100
AzVice

they did not explain that, or mention her brother's and sister's she talked about in When Irish Eyes Are Crying. i assume they might have been her aunt's, and that's where the name change came in.

this episode actually grew on me too. the cuban-miami connection made sense, and it was nice to have Gina with another episode. I think the last few episodes of season three are not great, but if they were not all bunched together it would be less noticeable. Every episode can't be the same, and at least it was not silly or gloomy like what was to come in the following season.

• Like 1

Matt5    1,919
Matt5

yes good points it was nice to have a Gina episode - as the 3rd Season was much more Crockett individually and C&T episodes - so this was a treat

• Like 1

Remington    127
Remington

Honestly I think this is an improvement over the last few episodes.

The cinematography finally has some life to it.

Saundra Santiago has a great um voice.

Love Krabbe in this. Also liked him in The Living Daylights, which is one of my favorites. Kind of similar characters.

The plot is a little silly.

Good music and scenery.

7/10

• Like 1