Episode #68 "Heroes Of The Revolution"

Ferrariman

Saundra should never have played her mother.

They should have chosen Latino singer and actress Maria Conchita Alonso. 

5/10

Edited by RedDragon86

1 hour ago, RedDragon86 said:

Saundra should never have played her mother, it was silly and had no effect, the first time I saw it I said, Gina has a wig on and is playing her mother? I couldn't take it seriously, from the flashbacks the photos - its Gina! give me a break :thumbsdown: more melodramatic, cheesy input from season 3.

They should have chosen Latino singer and actress Maria Conchita Alonso. 

4/10

Im sure budget was a factor here. 

16 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Im sure budget was a factor here. 

The could have even got a Latino actress they previously casted and dubbed the music in. Complacency was the factor there I think, the actress who played Maria Rojas in "Definitely Miami" could of easily have done it and would have been more authentic, instead of Gina looking at herself in the photo. 

Michael Mann's attention to detail and ideas were a big miss.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2018 at 11:00 PM, Remington said:

I think Red Tape or even Viking Bikers would have been a better finale.

I always enjoy HOTR - such a different episode and always nice to Saundra Santiago featured which is once or so a season.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

Gina can sure sing! The agent was pretty cool, however I'm glad he and Gina didn't start a romance. :) Glad she got her revenge. Saundra looks particularly stunning in the office scene with Castillo. Another scene I was really fond of, Castillo doesn't even need to follow up his sentence, she just knows he cares for his detective. As much as I enjoyed this episode, it didn't deserve to be the finale, maybe that honour should have gone to Red Tape.  

Also @summer84 I was wondering when you display picture would pop up in the show. :)

Farewell, Season 3.

Season 4 here I come. ;(:)

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Detective_Crockett said:

Gina can sure sing! The agent was pretty cool, however I'm glad he and Gina didn't start a romance. :) Glad she got her revenge. Saundra looks particularly stunning in the office scene with Castillo. Another scene I was really fond of, Castillo doesn't even need to follow up his sentence, she just knows he cares for his detective. 

Love what you said here! It's wonderful, studying how the characters interacted. Showing their concern for each other was handled so well. 

• Like 2

On 12/13/2018 at 11:30 AM, Matt5 said:

I always enjoy HOTR - such a different episode and always nice to Saundra Santiago featured which is once or so a season.

In Season 1 it was partly "Give a Little, Take a Little." Season 2 was "Bought and Paid For." Season 3, she featured in two episodes with the opener "When Irish Eyes Are Crying" can't recall, if that maybe was partly and of course "Heroes of The Revolution." Season 4 was "Blood and Roses," and I think in Season 5, she was partly featured in "Fruit of The Poison Tree" 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

In Season 1 it was partly "Give a Little, Take a Little." Season 2 was "Bought and Paid For." Season 3, she featured in two episodes with the opener "When Irish Eyes Are Crying" can't recall, if that maybe was partly and of course "Heroes of The Revolution." Season 4 was "Blood and Roses," and I think in Season 5, she was partly featured in "Fruit of The Poison Tree" 

All good episodes - I would say “When Irish Eyes..” was hers and yes partly for “Fruit of the Poison Tree”.  The others I also agree with.

Trudy was “Dutch Oven” (S1/2)  “Streetwise” (S3), “Missing Hours”(S4), Hell Hath No Fury” (S4) and “Asian Cut”(S5) on first thinking.:done:

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

All good episodes - I would say “When Irish Eyes..” was hers and yes partly for “Fruit of the Poison Tree”.  The others I also agree with.

Trudy was “Dutch Oven” (S1/2)  “Streetwise” (S3), “Missing Hours”(S4), Hell Hath No Fury” (S4) and “Asian Cut”(S5) on first thinking.:done:

You're right about Trudy, except I can't recall that she was featured much in "Streetwise." I would have said partly "Baby Blues," S3. 

And then there is Stan left, "Made for Each Other" S1. "Phil the Shill" S2. Don't know, if S3 "Down for the Count," counts partly? None in S4, that I can remember. And finally there is S5, "Hard Knocks." 

Not to leave Zito out. :) He only had two episodes of his own although sharing "Made for Each Other" with Switek during the 3 1/2 seasons, he was on the show. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

"Forgive Us Our Debts" would have been the perfect finale, not because its a brilliant episode because it would have left you in deep thought, in the same way at the end of  "Lombard" like will he survive? or "Son & Lovers" will Tubbs find out his son is still alive. Makes you think we will certainly be expecting Hackman in season 4.

Edited by RedDragon86
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, RedDragon86 said:

"Forgive Us Our Debts" would have been the perfect finale, not because its a brilliant episode because it would have left you in deep thought, in the same way at the end of  "Lombard" like will he survive? or "Son & Lovers" will Tubbs find out his son is still alive. Makes you think we will certainly be expecting Hackman in season 4.

Now I think about it, you're right. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, summer84 said:

You're right about Trudy, except I can't recall that she was featured much in "Streetwise." I would have said partly "Baby Blues," S3. 

And then there is Stan left, "Made for Each Other" S1. "Phil the Shill" S2. Don't know, if S3 "Down for the Count," counts partly? None in S4, that I can remember. And finally there is S5, "Hard Knocks." 

Not to leave Zito out. :) He only had two episodes of his own although sharing "Made for Each Other" with Switek during the 3 1/2 seasons, he was on the show. 

I would “Phil the Shill” was not a partly Stan episode but a C&T episode. “Cows of October” (S4) could be partly Stan.

Castillo - “Golden Triangle” Part 2, partly “Home Invaders”, party “Whatever Works”, “Bushido”,  Duty and Honor” aka “Savage”, Indian Wars”, “Heart of Night”, “Borrasca” and “Miami Squeeze”.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt5 said:

Castillo - “Golden Triangle” Part 2, partly “Home Invaders”, party “Whatever Works”, “Bushido”,  Duty and Honor” aka “Savage”, Indian Wars”, “Heart of Night”, “Borrasca” and “Miami Squeeze”.

EJO doesn't count the same, though, just because of the clout he had on the show. Had it continued to be Lou I don't think you would have seen near as many lieutenant-centric episodes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Matt5 said:

“Cows of October” (S4) could be partly Stan.

You're right, I had completely forgotten about "Cows of October" from S4. That episode was also dedicated to his mother Kay. 

Edited by summer84

2 hours ago, summer84 said:

You're right, I had completely forgotten about "Cows of October" from S4. That episode was also dedicated to his mother Kay. 

I would Definately have said yes that was a Switzek episode. Thankyou yes I remember the dedication at the end.

13 hours ago, Robbie C. said:

EJO doesn't count the same, though, just because of the clout he had on the show. Had it continued to be Lou I don't think you would have seen near as many lieutenant-centric episodes.

Yes I agree EJO sure had more clout and appeared in more scenes than G/T/S/Z but shows he didn’t really get that many more full episodes than Trudy/ Gina. Even though EJO was the third star and got the coverted and / and starring credit.

Im sure Lou if Gregory Sierra hadn’t of quit the show would have had some episodes too.

44 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Yes I agree EJO sure had more clout and appeared in more scenes than G/T/S/Z but shows he didn’t really get that many more full episodes than Trudy/ Gina. Even though EJO was the third star and got the coverted and / and starring credit.

Im sure Lou if Gregory Sierra hadn’t of quit the show would have had some episodes too.

I would say EJO's episodes on average were deeper, though. There were exceptions, obviously. And Lou never really had a background like Castillo's, and all of Castillo's episodes drew in some way from the character's background. I think had Lou remained he would have stayed the shouting, cigar-chomping boss so beloved by cop shows of that era. EJO made Castillo more involved, opening those writing doors.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Robbie C. said:

I would say EJO's episodes on average were deeper, though. There were exceptions, obviously. And Lou never really had a background like Castillo's, and all of Castillo's episodes drew in some way from the character's background. I think had Lou remained he would have stayed the shouting, cigar-chomping boss so beloved by cop shows of that era. EJO made Castillo more involved, opening those writing doors.

Oh Definately - Castillo’s episodes were far deeper I loved how the character unravelled and as the viewer we learnt a little more about him certainly from Season 1-3, there was little development of his character in Seasons 4 and 5. 

Youre right about Lou he was the kind of boss you would see all over 80s cop shows like Cagney and Lacey, Matt Houston and TJ Hooker. I did like Sierra a lot in the role of Lou and it was a shame he quit so early but EJO was just great.

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Oh Definately - Castillo’s episodes were far deeper I loved how the character unravelled and as the viewer we learnt a little more about him certainly from Season 1-3, there was little development of his character in Seasons 4 and 5. 

Youre right about Lou he was the kind of boss you would see all over 80s cop shows like Cagney and Lacey, Matt Houston and TJ Hooker. I did like Sierra a lot in the role of Lou and it was a shame he quit so early but EJO was just great.

I agree, but by seasons 4 and 5 the spotlight had shifted almost without exception to Crockett (unless DJ was out of sorts, then they stuck what honestly felt like filler in...which is a disservice to the strong characters they had). Sierra was good, but I don't think he quite fit with the vague concept Mann had in mind for the show (but for the Yerkovich pilot Sierra was perfect and would have been fine if Vice had remained a more traditional cop drama).

The problem with seasons 4 and 5 is when the episodes were good they were very, very good. But when they were bad...

1 minute ago, Robbie C. said:

I agree, but by seasons 4 and 5 the spotlight had shifted almost without exception to Crockett (unless DJ was out of sorts, then they stuck what honestly felt like filler in...which is a disservice to the strong characters they had). Sierra was good, but I don't think he quite fit with the vague concept Mann had in mind for the show (but for the Yerkovich pilot Sierra was perfect and would have been fine if Vice had remained a more traditional cop drama).

The problem with seasons 4 and 5 is when the episodes were good they were very, very good. But when they were bad...

Oh by the beginning of the third season one year earlier more shift was towards Crockett than previously so. In the media by 1986 it was being called “The Don Johnson Show”.