Nash Bridges S-1...Bubba!

Evan

Same here!I went to dinner with friends last Friday night and that is all my buddies girlfriend talked about!?! Huge fan of the story line and everything she was rather exited about the show. Being a "piston head" I knew about the Cuda convertible, but never had a chance to see any episodes for one reason or another.She on the other hand had never seen a single episode of MV, so I treated her to The Great McCarthy from my DVD collection.I'll have to check the video store this weekend............

I guess I'll have to buy it seeings as I've never (please forgive me) watched an ep. :o

Money well spent if you haven't seen them.

The only problem with the new DVD release is that Paramount/CBS have replaced ALL of the original featured music (Allman Bros, Sly & Family Stone, the Grateful Dead, James Brown, ect) and have replaced them with normal background music.

• Administrators
The only problem with the new DVD release is that Paramount/CBS have replaced ALL of the original featured music (Allman Bros' date=' Sly & Family Stone, the Grateful Dead, James Brown, ect) and have replaced them with normal background music.[/quote']Do you know this for a fact or did you read it somewhere? I contacted Gord lacey from TvShowsOnDVD and he couldn't deny or confirm it since he did not have a set to review.

Do you know this for a fact or did you read it somewhere? I contacted Gord lacey from TvShowsOnDVD and he couldn't deny or confirm it since he did not have a set to review.

On the back of the set in fine print it says:"Some episodes may be edited from their original network versions. Music has been changed for this home entertainment version."

Do you know this for a fact or did you read it somewhere? I contacted Gord lacey from TvShowsOnDVD and he couldn't deny or confirm it since he did not have a set to review.

Yes I can confirm it for a fact, watch the aired versions and then watch the Dvd, and look on the back of the box it says "music has been changed for this release" PLUS it says "episodes have been EDITED from their broadcast versions." EVERY single song has been replaced with instrumental music.

• Administrators

I wonder why they would do that?How much would MV suck if they changed all of the music we know and love?

• Administrators

Thanks for the info, avp2029! Two very good reasons NOT to buy this release. I'm just asking myself, whether the film industry will ever learn what's about the expression ORIGINALLY AIRED... Eingefügtes Bild

Thanks for the heads up on this. I won't be buying it.

Yeah man, its really REALLY disappointing that it seems they didn't make an effort to secure any of the music, which they best do with any future releases or else I believe they will lose much business. IMO, if "My Father's Eyes" is absent from the finale of Season 3's release, I will never purchase another CBS/Paramount product again!

• Administrators
Yes I can confirm it for a fact' date=' watch the aired versions and then watch the Dvd, and look on the back of the box it says "music has been changed for this release" PLUS it says "episodes have been EDITED from their broadcast versions." EVERY single song has been replaced with instrumental music.[/quote']I guess it's the US box you're talking about. Some members of donjohnsoncentral.com bought the box as well. They say that their box has no such information on the back of the box. Are there two different releases in the US? :radar:EDIT:avp2029, could you please post a pic of your box so that we may compare the boxes?

I guess it's the US box you're talking about. Some members of donjohnsoncentral.com bought the box as well. They say that their box has no such information on the back of the box. Are there two different releases in the US? :radar:EDIT:avp2029' date=' could you please post a pic of your box so that we may compare the boxes?[/quote']Yes I will but they are all the same, the text that says this is incredibly tiny underneath the area where the rating and runtime is listed.

• Administrators

You're completely right, avp2029!A member of .info posted a scan of the back cover tonight (click on the pic in the thread to see the full view). The note is really very very tiny ... :evil: That may explain why others haven't found it.

Yes, they make it very tiny and out of the way so one doesn't notice until closer inspection after buying it. I also just found out that Paramount did the same butchery to the Hawaii Five-O releases on DVD, except worse; some of those episodes are actually shorter than the edited versions broadcast on TV today. I for one think that this practice is absolutely despicable, I mean, the Miami Vice and Magnum PI DVD releases contained ALL of their original music, EVERY SINGLE SONG, and you mean to tell me that Paramount wasn't able to secure the rights to even ONE song from Nash Bridges?? Come on!

• Administrators

If that's the case, they should have just passed that cost on to the consumer.I would imagine that's why Magnum PI costs around 45-50 dollars per season.

If that's the case' date=' they should have just passed that cost on to the consumer.I would imagine that's why Magnum PI costs around 45-50 dollars per season.[/quote']Nash is supposed to cost $43, most stores are offering it for around $40, so it really makes no difference.

Nash is supposed to cost $43' date=' most stores are offering it for around $40, so it really makes no difference.[/quote']Well I am pissed too!!!I only paid $31.98 dollars for my new release (still in the vaccum package) and it is in the mail right now. Not having the original music will make that deal look just like what is was...crap!?!They also did this to WKRP in Cincinatti. Here in Canada when the Comedy Network played it they had all the original songs by the original artists ... you know when Johnny Fever put on a record it was the real thing...Foreigner or Aerosmith etc.When I was in the states a few years ago on business I was in my hotel room watching the tube and WKRP came on, so I decided to watch. I could not believe the music as it was done by some garage band or something!?!? WTF???I guess if you don't pay for the rights to the music you don't get to use it?I for one have never seen a sinlge episode of Nash Bridges so this will be an experience for me as soon as my season one box set shows up at the door...

Well I am pissed too!!!I only paid $31.98 dollars for my new release (still in the vaccum package) and it is in the mail right now. Not having the original music will make that deal look just like what is was...crap!?!They also did this to WKRP in Cincinatti. Here in Canada when the Comedy Network played it they had all the original songs by the original artists ... you know when Johnny Fever put on a record it was the real thing...Foreigner or Aerosmith etc.When I was in the states a few years ago on business I was in my hotel room watching the tube and WKRP came on' date=' so I decided to watch. I could not believe the music as it was done by some garage band or something!?!? WTF???I guess if you don't pay for the rights to the music you don't get to use it?I for one have never seen a sinlge episode of Nash Bridges so this will be an experience for me as soon as my season one box set shows up at the door...[/quote']If you've never seen them before, you probably won't notice the changes, as some of the songs are replaced with actual songs which fit the NB style of music but are new musical creations and not the famous or well known songs (and most are just replaced by instrumental music) used in the original. If you'd like to see what songs should be where, view my NB season one episode music guide here (about midway down the page):http://www.miami-vice.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15398&PN=2

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went to the post office and sure enough its here!Not impressed. It seems to be a single type box with three discs I beleive, as it was rather heavy for a DVD? Box cover artwork is rather plain too???I will view it tomorrow and critique it.Geeeeeeeeeeeez I hope I did not miss much with the original music being taken out?Now I am lamenting the fact I did not watch the originals when they aired!