Tour de France videos

miamijimf

Here are three videos I made after some experimentation with my new DVD recorder, some biker racing sites, and a video editor program. Some are old videos from other sites and some are clips I recorded from live TV this Summer. As a biker and fan I enjoy watching this really tough race. Unfortunately bike racing really hasn't become popular in the US but at least the Tour is on TV in the Summer. Let me know what you think. Crazyness- http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii283/oldmanx/?action=view&current=Crazy5.flvCrashes- http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii283/oldmanx/?action=view&current=RealCrashes2.flv Lance Armstrong's seven year winning streak seems more remarkable. Two of his crashes are in these clips. Scenery- http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii283/oldmanx/?action=view&current=scenery2.flvThe guys will like the end of this one the best. Jim

You are right, that it is a tough and the hardest bike race i know. But since the doping affairs, everyone (and me too) tells the same question: Would he have crossed the finishing line in the same time without any little 'tuning tricks'?

You are right' date=' that it is a tough and the hardest bike race i know. But since the doping affairs, everyone (and me too) tells the same question: Would he have crossed the finishing line in the same time without any little 'tuning tricks'?[/quote']No doubt the doping scandals have hurt the sport but I see a real positive here. Drugs, EPO, steroids, testosterone etc are rampant in all sports. Because of the scandals and the huge efforts to combat this problem bike racing is the cleanest of all sports. For example the French police conducted surprise shakedowns of cars and hotel rooms and bikers have their blood analyzed throughout the year looking for changes during race days. What other sport does that? Many American bike fans think they go too far and still believe Floyd Landis, who won the tour in 06, is innocent.

• Administrators

Nice collection, Jim! :daumenrauf:Looks like you spend day and night in front of the screen. :D

Nice collection' date=' Jim! :daumenrauf:Looks like you spend day and night in front of the screen. :D[/quote']Nah not that much time. I'm really a party animal.

Yes, a very nice collection. Unfortunately the scene of Ullrich and Pantani isn't in the videos. I mean the scene, whereth both are of the highest mountain of the tour 98 and both don't know, who schould drive first down..and then they are looking at each other.But a other disappointed scene is available, where Riis is throwing is bike after the second mistake of the bike.