Movies / shows filmed in Miami

Tommy Vercetti

I don't know if this has already been mentioned' date=' but I read that the remake of the Charlie's Angels TV series is being filmed in Miami.[/quote'] Yeah...the new "Charlie's Angels" remake show is said to take place in Miami, instead of L.A. like the original show.I love the original series...so I have major mixed feelings about the new show. :confused: However, I also had mixed feelings about the remake of "Hawaii Five-0"...but it turned out to be my favorite new show and (even though I will always love the original "5-0") I love the new series! :thumbsup:Switching the new "C.A." locale to Miami is a good move, in my opinion. However, the new Angels are going to have some major shoes to fill so-to-speak. ;) There are still enough around that remember and/or love the original show...and they're going to be thinking Jaclyn, Cheryl, Farrah, and Kate. But, if they do it right they could still end up with a pretty cool new show.Time will tell...we'll see. :cool:

Just watched 2 fast 2 furious two nights ago and was looking at the scenes very carefully since it was done in miami.I love the music because of the cars.Love cars as some of you know.

I rewatched one of my fave films the other night - Out of Sight with George Clooney & Jennifer Lopez & Lombard himself, Dennis Farina. Part of it is filmed in South Beach and it is adapted from a story by Elmore Leonard who has based some of his books in Miami in the 80s to now.

The guys of "Jackass" did a Jai alai skit in Miami. It was filmed in the same facility where they shot MV's Jai alai scenes for "Killshot".edit: this was filmed for the series, not for any of the movies

• 1 month later...
I got an e-mail today from a guy in Vegas that lead me to two locations in Vegas for Smokey and The Bandit 2 which was mostly filmed in Florida but did have several Nevada locations. This got me reviewing the movie and thinking that the Gallagher warehouse scenes that I am sure was on Dodge Island in the movie Absence of Malice may share some background scenery/clues with Smokey and the Bandit 2 where they steal the elephant from the warehouse. It may help pin down the exact locations if footage from two movies can be combined for clues. Sure enough, the warehouse where they steal the elephant is seen in the close background in Absence of Malice when they are unloading a cargo ship at Gallagher's Imports.Eingefügtes BildThis is supported by the front of the business. In the bg as we see Mike pull into the warehouse we see a unique building with a white building to it's right with a red roof. I was sure this looked familiar and I was right. This building has been driving me nuts in Smokey and The Bandit 2.Eingefügtes BildSmokey 2:Eingefügtes Bild Absence of Malice filmed "below" Smokey which on film appears to the right and back from the Abscence of Malice location. They share a yellow fence. Note the fence to the left side of Smokey is the same fence on the right in Absence of Malice. Now I still have to place that unique building. Maybe the Coast Guard Station? Anyone got a good picture of Terminal Island circa 1980's?

Holy Crap, I just figured it out and I cannot believe my own eyes. I have been baffled by the building in the bg for two years and have not been able to place this location till now. Pays to revisit things. The shocker is that the structure in the bg is one of the most famous houses in Miami Vice. The Little Prince House. And I did not recognize it, AAARRRGGHHHHH! as Charlie Brown would say. I can't believe it.

Holy Crap' date=' I just figured it out and I cannot believe my own eyes. I have been baffled by the building in the bg for two years and have not been able to place this location till now. Pays to revisit things. The shocker is that the structure in the bg is one of the most famous houses in Miami Vice. The Little Prince House. And I did not recognize it, AAARRRGGHHHHH! as Charlie Brown would say. I can't believe it.[/color']

Congrats on finding it Charlie.

Guest MetroVice

Older Miami MoviesI just finished watching two movies I don't think were mentioned yet. Both were shot in Miami and surrounding areas and one of the two had at least three people who appeared on Vice. The two movies in question are "Stick" with Burt Reynolds and "Hot Stuff" with Jerry Reed, among many others.In "Stick" we see Phanie Napoli (Angelina), Jose Perez (Miracle Man & Juan Carlos Silva), and John Garcia (Cartagena Policia Lieutenant Todo from "Smugglers Blues"). Strangely all these Vice members had a role in this Miami location movie, so it was a bit odd to suddenly see these people all in the same movie together :)Here are the stills I just grabbed from "Stick"[ATTACH=CONFIG]4353[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4351[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4352[/ATTACH]Although a little older (1979 I believe), Hot Stuff didn't seem to employ any pre-Vice talent that I know of but since it was filmed in and around Miami I thought it worthy of mention.

post-47-13892963714042_thumb.jpg

post-47-1389296371421_thumb.jpg

post-47-13892963714357_thumb.jpg

4353[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4351[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]4352[/ATTACH]Although a little older (1979 I believe), Hot Stuff didn't seem to employ any pre-Vice talent that I know of but since it was filmed in and around Miami I thought it worthy of mention.

Cool, I will have to check them out and put them on the list to add to my site.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have done two additions to the pages I published yesterday. There were two locations I had leads on but had not confirmed they were the spots so I had not published them. 1) The exterior shots of the Babyln Club. I have done further research today and I am able to confirm that the Babylon Club (exterior only) was the Kapok Tree Inn, located at 3501 SW 130th Avenue in Ft. Lauderdale (SW Ranches). 2) The fancy restaurant where Tony has his famous say goodnight to the bad guy speech. It took some digging but I am convinced that this was indeed filmed inside Perino's Restaurant, 4101 Wilshire Blvd. LA.

• 2 weeks later...
I have published episode 50 of Burn Notice, Entry Point on my location web site. I did however locate one place after publishing the page that I will update soon. The house where they put Kendra is in Coconut Grove on Thomas Avenue.

I have published episode 69 of Burn Notice, Besieged. I also just finished and published the 1960 Jerry Lewis movie, Bellboy. Mostly filmed at the Fontainebleau but there were a few other Miami locations. Check it out.

I like Scarface:thumbsup: Actually I love all the movies filming in Miami:)I even gathered a small collection of old films' date=' half of which is filmed in Miami:)[/quote'] I am definitely addicted to on location Miami movies. If you like Scarface (1983 which I think of as Scarface 2))and old movies you absolutely have to watch the original if you have not already watched it. Great movie and I think you will be amazed as I was as to how many lines that I thought were great in Scarface (1983) actually were taken from Scarface 1 (1932). The development of the relationship between Scarface and his girl as well as the playing of the character was much better (imo) in Scarface 1(1932). Karen Morley was far superior to Michelle Pfeiffer. Also, you should watch Shottas. I think of it as Scarface 3. Filmed in Miami and Jamaica on location (more in Miami than Jamaica) it really is good and is a modern day Scarface.