Movies / shows filmed in Miami

Tommy Vercetti

New TV series supposed to be filmed in Miami premiers tonight- Charlie's Angels on ABC' date=' 8PM Eastern.[/quote'] Thanks, you know I will watch that before the debate. I can even honestly say it will be because I am checking out the Miami scenes not the woman, lol.

[SIZE=3">

Thanks' date=' you know I will watch that before the debate. I can even honestly say it will be because I am checking out the Miami scenes not the woman, lol.[/size']

Of course Charlie :) I think I will watch it and skip the debate.

New TV series supposed to be filmed in Miami premiers tonight- Charlie's Angels on ABC' date=' 8PM Eastern.[/quote']It will be worth watching for the scenery :D The advertisement for the show has South Beach in the background :thumbsup:

It will be worth watching for the scenery :D The advertisement for the show has South Beach in the background :thumbsup:

It's funny because I've had an almost identical shot of South Beach as my desktop picture for a while now, so got a bit excited when I saw that promo!Can't wait - the show premieres here in Australia this upcoming Tuesday!! :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Charlie's Angels cancelledA bit of a downer for TV production in South Florida/Miami, with the cancellation of Charlie's Angels. However it appears that Burn Notice is still continuing strong:---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/business/Miami-Based-Charlies-Angels-Remake-Canceled-131895343.htmlMiami-Based 'Charlie's Angels' Remake Canceled South Florida's film production industry takes a hit just four weeks into Charlie's Angels' first seasonBy Janie Campbell | Friday, Oct 14, 2011 | Updated 7:46 PM EDTSorry, Charlie? More like sorry, Miami.With the Friday cancellation of ABC's jiggly "Charlie's Angels" remake, South Florida's film and TV production industry suffered major blows in money and momentum.Harsh reviews and worse ratings accompanied the launch of the 305-based show, halting any revenue stream South Florida enjoyed, albeit briefly, from one of the few major English-language TV shows to shoot in Miami since Don Johnson abandoned white jackets in 1989.“It’s a huge disappointment. Huge,†Miami Beach casting agent Ellen Jacoby told the Miami Herald.Jacoby, who has worked on cable series like USA's "Burn Notice" and Starz’s upcoming "Magic City", said losing a network show is a special brand of bummer: “It was cool to have a network show. More exposure. More publicity."There was also, arguably, more money. Unlike CSI: Miami, which shoots largely in Southern California, "Charlie's Angels"' was actually based in Miami, utilizing a Wynwood warehouse converted to a soundstage.“They were probably spending $6 million an episode," City of Miami Beach production manager Graham Winick told the Herald.“Certainly this is a loss of business, of jobs and of high-profile production work in our community. It’s also the loss of a big chance to showcase who we are as a production center.â€On the bright side, of course, we've still got Michael Westen -- whose sixth season of "Burn Notice" will surpass the local production record of five set by that seminal '80s series, "Miami Vice".Miami very nearly lost "Burn Notice" to plans for a waterfront development, but after pleas from the cast commissioners agreed that collecting $20,000 a month in rent for the Expo Center -- and $28.4 million in revenue -- was a better idea than undertaking a $165 million development in a terrible economy.

Thanks for the intel. IMO there is no doubt that casting was it's downfall. Boslie was too young and the "girls" did not measure up. The original had woman that soon adorned posters. The woman in the current show could not act well enough and were not hot, certainly posters are not in their futures. Also, why did they change the story from three nice woman to three bad girls that were taken in by Charlie and mentored while he used them? Well it certainly won't take me long to go thru all the locations.

Yeah I agree about the casting & that Bosley should have been older (hmmm.... could Don Johnson have fit into this role??!!). Shame because Rachael Taylor is a great Aussie actor, but I didn't like the way she portrayed her character. Otherwise, the show had a lot of things that we loved in Miami Vice - glamour, fast cars, fashion, Miami scenery..... Cocoon The Return was on TV this afternoon & watched it after a long time. Interesting to see filming locations in Miami, even though it was supposed to be set in St Petersburg. Hard to miss the unique Art Deco district in South Beach, and also the art deco architecture of the motel/apartments that the characters were staying in ("Sunrise Court").

Yeah I agree about the casting & that Bosley should have been older (hmmm.... could Don Johnson have fit into this role??!!). Shame because Rachael Taylor is a great Aussie actor' date=' but I didn't like the way she portrayed her character. Otherwise, the show had a lot of things that we loved in Miami Vice - glamour, fast cars, fashion, Miami scenery..... Cocoon The Return was on TV this afternoon & watched it after a long time. Interesting to see filming locations in Miami, even though it was supposed to be set in St Petersburg. Hard to miss the unique Art Deco district in South Beach, and also the art deco architecture of the motel/apartments that the characters were staying in ("Sunrise Court").[/quote']I have not watched cocoon in a real long time. I will have to pick up a copy. Also; I have just published episode 73 of Burn Notice on my location site. Better Halves filmed out by the gravel pits from Definitely Miami. Check it out at http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a new series being filmed in Miami!! It's called Magic City, and it's centered around the Miami underworld in the late 50s/early 60s. It will star Jeffrey Dean Morgan (of Supernatural & Grey's Anatomy fame), and also features an Australian actress by the name of Jessica Marais. Hopefully we'll get to see it here because of that reason!"As Frank Sinatra rings in a new year in the grand ballroom of Miami Beach's most luxurious dream palace - the Miramar Hotel - its visionary leader, Ike Evans, must deal with the Mob, his complicated family and a city in the midst of dramatic change as Fidel Castro takes control of Cuba, just 200 miles offshore. By day the hotel at the center of "Magic City" is all diving clown acts and cha-cha lessons by the pool, but at night Miami Beach reveals a darker truth. Dopers, dealers, strippers, gangsters and those who arrest them drift together to hear the top nightclub acts perform. Just beneath the surface, racial tensions stir. Ike must deal with all of this, even while global intrigue is brewing right under his roof."www.moviehole.net/201147597-first-look-at-jeffrey-dean-morgans-magic-city-seriesHas a bit of a 50s/60s Vice feel to it!

• 2 weeks later...
December seems to be a great month for finding locations. I received an email from a man who has been reading my site and trying on his own to suss out some of the unknown locations. He has now found the site of the mansion in Tony Rome where Tony follows Diana and where the movie climaxes. It was on South Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove. I have updated my location site with the info.

December seems to be a great month for finding locations. I received an email from a man who has been reading my site and trying on his own to suss out some of the unknown locations. He has now found the site of the mansion in Tony Rome where Tony follows Diana and where the movie climaxes. It was on South Bayshore Drive in Coconut Grove. I have updated my location site with the info.

Interesting SoflaJeremy :):D

• 2 weeks later...
I just published the movie, All About The Benjamins on my location web site. This movie was filmed on location in Miami Dade and Broward County Florida. They only built 1 set for the entire movie (interior of go fast boat) so as a result we see a ton of great locations. Many of which we have seen in Miami Vice and still more from Burn Notice. Check it out http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

• 2 weeks later...
I just published the movie" data-date=" All About The Benjamins on my location web site. This movie was filmed on location in Miami Dade and Broward County Florida. They only built 1 set for the entire movie (interior of go fast boat) so as a result we see a ton of great locations. Many of which we have seen in Miami Vice and still more from Burn Notice. Check it out [URL="http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net"">

http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net

Great stuff Soflajeremy:D

Thanks' date=' pal.[/color']

The I95 highway railings ( which were stripped ) back when the Benjamins were filmed look awfully like the same road area were Crockett goes for his late nite drive in "Death and the Lady" - that was an elevated roadway also :D

I just published episode 55 of Burn Notice' date=' Blind Spot on my location web site.[/color']

All about the Benjamins used some excellent locations in Miami :D

Yes, I agree. It would be hard to imagine a movie with a better or bigger selection of on location filming in South Florida than All About The Benjamins. Really great.

Yes' date=' I agree. It would be hard to imagine a movie with a better or bigger selection of on location filming in South Florida than All About The Benjamins. Really great.[/color']

:thumbsup: .