Movies / shows filmed in Miami

Tommy Vercetti

Burn Notice, episode 83, Last Rites, just published on my BN location site. http://www.burnnoticelocations3.org

Nice and thanks C Glide. Love your site and I do like the comparisons you make between the Vice locales and Burn Notice. :cool:

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just updated BN 30 with new pictures from Miami trip and a recently found location, the storage locker with the C 4.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Was watching the news Friday night and I got news out of a report that most people  watching the news would have taken away from the story. In fact I don't recall even what the news story was, I only recognized the car dealership in the background was instantly recognized by me. It was the long elusive Porsche dealership from Scarface. I will update my movie location site in the near future

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I watched an episode of the Rockford Files tonight. Season 1 episode 18, Say Goodbye to Jennifer. Originally aired on 02/07/1975. Jim rushed to his friend's studio. In doing so he raced past a building I immediately recognized.

Eingefügtes Bild Eingefügtes Bild

Yes Jim was speeding past Montana Management Co. He was there before Tony was there in Scarface.

He then spins a U-turn in front of his friend's studio and stops. In Scarface this is Montana Travel Co.

Eingefügtes Bild

I found this interesting and cool so I figured I would share my find as some of you would feel the same. In Rockford we actually get to see the inside of Montana Travel building as they filmed in there on location.. Cheers.

• Like 1

I watched an episode of the Rockford Files tonight. Season 1 episode 18, Say Goodbye to Jennifer. Originally aired on 02/07/1975. Jim rushed to his friend's studio. In doing so he raced past a building I immediately recognized.

Yes Jim was speeding past Montana Management Co. He was there before Tony was there in Scarface.

He then spins a U-turn in front of his friend's studio and stops. In Scarface this is Montana Travel Co.

Eingefügtes Bild

I found this interesting and cool so I figured I would share my find as some of you would feel the same. In Rockford we actually get to see the inside of Montana Travel building as they filmed in there on location.. Cheers.

Great work as always Jeremy hope to see "Bad Timing" up shortly .. :dance: 

• Like 1

C Glide, a very interesting find. I m also a fan of The Rockford Files. One of the best private detective shows ever!

I remember it fondly from when I was young. I am currently viewing season 1 with my wife who has now become a fan. He really was a great actor. Have not done allot with the locations, more just watching to enjoy the series but I have sussed out some of the locations as I can't resist. Surprisingly allot are still there.

• 3 months later...

If you can say without giving away any trade secrets how did you suss out that first location in the Coral Gables backyard?   Did you ID the house and then check the back yard on Google Earth?  Thanks.

Edited by miamijimf

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe just lucky but it was an easy one. My basic assumption was that based on previous filming and the general look of the location that Pinecrest area was the best starting point. Then I looked at the width of the water body (fishing scene w Sam) seen in the background with the type of houses and the search narrowed greatly as there are not but a few candidates in the area. Most of the canals are much narrower and bays much wider. Then an aerial search for a matching dock finalized by a matching driveway. I would say the search was less than 10 minutes. lucky but good find.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Another to add to the list, I've read that Graceland done filming in Fort Lauderdale.

Does that count as Miami? I know its much further north, but it's basically the same city, there's nothing separating it.

wp2e8dbbed_06.png wp697d73a0_06.png

wpd4af205b_06.png

wpc174e317_06.png wp179cddc8_06.png

Hey Charlie,

Not to nitpick, but the building in the top two pictures looks different than in the bottom three.  There aren't the same number of columns and the semicircular window is not there.  Am I missing somethig.

On a positive note, I also really like the Rockford Files.  I have all six seasons on DVD and rewatch episodes frequently.  One of my favorites is called "Quickie Nirvana".  Let me know what you think if you get to see it.  It's in the fourth or fifth season, I think.

They are two different buildings on opposite sides of the street. First Rockford drives by the building that was Montana Management. Then he stops in front of the second building that was used as Montana Travel. Thought I made that clear but I guess I did not.

The elusive location of Hyman Roth's house in The Godfather Part II has finally been found. It is located at 2045 North Hibiscus Drive, North Miami

thegodfatherpartii07.jpg

bf96158f2ae9312b6221d5f745d85985l-m0xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 1

• Administrators

The elusive location of Hyman Roth's house in The Godfather Part II has finally been found. It is located at 2045 North Hibiscus Drive, North Miami

thegodfatherpartii07.jpg

I must say the area has changed a lot since The Godfather Part II was filmed in 1973-74.

4d27efec42.jpg

But you can see that the palm tree is still there (in the half circle garden thing)

If I was the current owners, I'd make it look like it did in the movie. :p

BMW enthusiasts by the looks of it. :)

• Like 1

They are two different buildings on opposite sides of the street. First Rockford drives by the building that was Montana Management. Then he stops in front of the second building that was used as Montana Travel. Thought I made that clear but I guess I did not.

Got it.  Thanks!

thegodfatherpartii07.jpg

Great find. An interesting story behind the find?