Movies / shows filmed in Miami

Tommy Vercetti

Add Ballers, and Graceland to the list.

Ballers is a fairly new one starring Dwayne Johnson, semi-comedy about football players in the NFL, and the Miami Dolphins.

I've heard about Ballers but haven't seen it yet.  Do they get around and show a lot of locations?

• Administrators

I've heard about Ballers but haven't seen it yet.  Do they get around and show a lot of locations?

Sometimes. Not a lot though. It's only a 30 minute show. Most of the time they're at the office, or houses, or partying on a yacht... Good shots of Miami in the intro though. :)

• Like 2

Sometimes. Not a lot though. It's only a 30 minute show. Most of the time they're at the office, or houses, or partying on a yacht... Good shots of Miami in the intro though. :)

I will see if I can catch also !!

• Administrators

Black Mass (2015) they go to Miami a few times. Some shots of Miami Beach half way into the movie.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm back!  About 2 months ago I (my computer) picked up a nasty virus. I battled it for a few weeks and finally surrendered. Good news is I finally realized I needed a separate, isolated computer for just my web site construction. So instead of buying a new computer I gave in and bought two. Now the web sites have there own so I do not do any web surfing or e-mail on that computer. I only connect it to upload to my servers so I hopefully will never encounter this again. I am 90+% reestablished/operational but have a little more to do. Lots of work that took about a month . Why do updates and newer versions of software always be less effective and harder to use than the earlier models they replace?

Anyhow I have just published BN 91 Desperate Measures, check it out. I have some more clean up top do but then on to MV 100th ep. To Have and To Hold. Good to be back.

• Like 1

No, Here is a link to the 6th season of Burn Notice: http://burnnoticelocations3.org

and to the root site, Miami Vice season 1: http://miamivicelocations.org

All 10 are my sites are linked so you can go from Miami Vice all 5 seasons to Burn Notice to pre and post Miami Vice movies.

Yup for the most part. Can't figure out why new versions of software don't work as well as older versions or is it the newer operating systems are worse than the earlier ones. Do however like the new DVD player software I bought as it is the one exception. Even the snag it is noticeably inferior in it's operation. Now I have to catch up on my Vice.

• 3 weeks later...

Took a trip to Providence Ri. to get some re-creation shots from the parts of There's Something About Mary that were filmed there. Took the first re-creation shots with my drone and they came out great. Can't wait to get back to FLA to use it for some of the shots I have not been able to get before. Mainly the shots from the elevated platforms they sometimes used. I posted this one on Facebook a couple days ago but no one seemed to recognize it. The bar has a nice small sign put up commerating the filming (though they put it at the wrong table).

12240362_1034035100000142_37019296822214

• Like 2

Just watched Black Sunday again, 1977 Robert Shaw and Bruce Dern.  A few good shots of Vice locations such as Lummus Park, the Essex House, the Fairmont Hotel etc not to mention, of course, the Orange Bowl before and after the Goodyear Blimp appears with a mission of killing thousands of people.  Terrorism has been around for a long time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Took the first re-creation shots with my drone and they came out great. Can't wait to get back to FLA to use it for some of the shots I have not been able to get before. Mainly the shots from the elevated platforms they sometimes used.

Oh boy, I missed this post. Very cool. I was just yesterday thinking about the first part of "In the Air Tonight" in the pilot, how it starts with an elevated shot of Scott Wheeler's house.

Consulting Google Maps I've seen that Sully's apartment from There's Something About Mary has been torn down and conods are being constructed where it is.

Also, the Brickell street from Bad Timing and The Savage (S Miami avenue) has changed almost beyond recognition and all this new condos have been constructed and they're real eyesores. Good thing I got photos of that street before this new construction.

I think a lot of these new condos are hideous and are polluting the downtown and Brickell skyline.

• Like 1

Consulting Google Maps I've seen that Sully's apartment from There's Something About Mary has been torn down and conods are being constructed where it is.

Also, the Brickell street from Bad Timing and The Savage (S Miami avenue) has changed almost beyond recognition and all this new condos have been constructed and they're real eyesores. Good thing I got photos of that street before this new construction.

I think a lot of these new condos are hideous and are polluting the downtown and Brickell skyline.

Absolutely!  

The house from "There's Something About Mary" was going to be preserved by the developer of the condos, but a construction accident resulted in its demise.  See the bottom of this page:

http://www.floridamovielocations.org/page51.html

• 2 months later...

Just found a location from the movie Bad Boys. The Congress Gym. And it's one of those that make you go doooooht, like Homer Simpson because the location was used in Miami Vice and the Movie 2 Fast 2 Furious and I did not recognize it for years.

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp83cb96f7.pngwp0_wp50a71553.pngwp0_wpa997c864.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the new Baywatch big screen adaptation starring Dwayne Johnson is filming up near Palm Beach , Fl which is odd as the original series starring The Hoff shot all over the Los Angeles Beach areas in the nineties ( Santa Monica, Venice etc ) .:D

The beaches in Florida and different to the ones in California and this always comes across on the big screen . They shoot at Palm Beach area for a short while then continue up to Savannah, Georgia

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just found out the 1989 Richard Dreyfuss film Let It Ride was filmed at Hialeah Race Track

Also, the ending of The Sopranos episode 'Calling All Cars' had a brief scene at the Fontainebleau. 

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 1

Tom - does Let it Ride show a lot of Miami as well as the race track?  If so I will buy it.

Edited by miamijimf

Afraid no Jim. Most of the film is at the track and other scenes are mostly interiors so there isn't much in the way of locations. The shots of the track are good though

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Cat Chaser features the Deering Estate, Bal Harbor Shops and the Hilton looks like it's in Aventura. There's also scenes in Puerto Rico (Smuggler's Blues).

Edited by Tommy Vercetti
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Tommy Vercetti said:

Any ideas where the hotel on the beach was?

cat-chaser-%285%29.jpg

I looked for that 3-story building yesterday, but I couldn't find it.  Today I looked for the background buildings and found them in Hollywood, Florida.  The 3-story building is gone and in its place is something called "Apogee Beach".   The big building behind the 3-story building is "The Tides" at 3901 S. Ocean Drive.

http://binged.it/22uXosP