Movies / shows filmed in Miami

Tommy Vercetti

8 hours ago, airtommy said:

I looked for that 3-story building yesterday, but I couldn't find it.  Today I looked for the background buildings and found them in Hollywood, Florida.  The 3-story building is gone and in its place is something called "Apogee Beach".   The big building behind the 3-story building is "The Tides" at 3901 S. Ocean Drive.

http://binged.it/22uXosP 

Interesting its Hollywood its got that Lauderdale-by-the-Sea vibe to it we see in the Miami Vice Pilot of course :D:D

Edited by Matt5

• 4 weeks later...

Received a lead for a location in the movie Scarface. That Tony's mother's house was not in Torrance Ca. as widely published but this party states it was at 1443 Emden St. Wilmington, CA. It looks really promising but the house looks to have been torn down and replaced. Anyone want to take a look and tell me what you think?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, C Glide said:

Received a lead for a location in the movie Scarface. That Tony's mother's house was not in Torrance Ca. as widely published but this party states it was at 1443 Emden St. Wilmington, CA. It looks really promising but the house looks to have been torn down and replaced. Anyone want to take a look and tell me what you think?

The setting looks PERFECT.  However, the roofline is wrong.  Looking at fuzzy 1980 aerials and clear 2004 aerials, it looks to me like the 1980 house has not been torn down.  So, I'm doubtful of this house.

Edited by airtommy

On June 28, 2016 at 5:48 PM, C Glide said:

That refinery in Wilmington looks like such a good match that this house must be near SOME refinery.  There is a refinery in Torrance (3700 W 190th St Torrance, CA 90504) with houses surrounding it.

• 2 months later...

Just received info on Smokey and The Bandit 2. Guy knows a lot about the movies and worked on Burt 's farm for a while. Lots of good info. Located a long unknown location for us. Bandit pulls off into a rest area to give the elephant a rest. Filmed eastbound on Indiantown Road in Jupiter, Fl. They pull into a foreclosed trailer park, Riverbend Trailer park where the rest of the scene was filmed.

wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wpbc80593f.pwp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wpb1033ba8.p

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Watching The Perez Family, 1995, with Marisa Tomei, filmed in Miami and Puerto Rico.  Sad but with funny moments, good shots of the Orange Bowl etc etc, and very realistic. Shows the Cuban migration to Miami during the Mariel Boatlift from the immigrant's perspective. An important chapter in Miami's history.  Anyone recognize this neon sign in the movie?  

PDVD_0004.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, airtommy said:

Is the purple neon the lips from LMD?

Yes they are the same ones you see in Little Miss Dangerous and Burn Notice.  They look pinkish to me, I think you really do need a new computer.  The lips appeared in a number of other TV shows and movies.  I also recognized other examples of Mr. Neon's work you see in Vice, palm trees, etc.  The neon tubes are now broken.  Next time I'm in Miami I plan to make him an offer for them, they would make a great souvenir.

2 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Yes they are the same ones you see in Little Miss Dangerous and Burn Notice.  They look pinkish to me, I think you really do need a new computer.  The lips appeared in a number of other TV shows and movies.  I also recognized other examples of Mr. Neon's work you see in Vice, palm trees, etc.  The neon tubes are now broken.  Next time I'm in Miami I plan to make him an offer for them, they would make a great souvenir.

I remember those Neon Lips in Burn Notice in an early ep when he moved into the loft. That would be so cool to have those as something used from LMD as well. Good luck making that deal, Jim.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Will be starting MV episode 105, Over The Line next we but in the mean time I have started publishing some of the re-creation shots I took way back in March of 2014. Finally making time to catch up on these things. Cheers. I just updated BN32 with this one. 

wp0fc794d6_05.jpgwp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wpb9e7f5dc.png

• Like 3

14 hours ago, C Glide said:

Will be starting MV episode 105, Over The Line next we but in the mean time I have started publishing some of the re-creation shots I took way back in March of 2014. Finally making time to catch up on these things. Cheers. I just updated BN32 with this one. 

wp0fc794d6_05.jpgwp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wp0_wpb9e7f5dc.png

Nice Jeremy- look forward to Over The Line - you only have 5 episodes after that not including the series finale Freefall :fireworks:

• Like 1

Yes, then I can spend time upgrading, adding etc. to the eps. I will be back in Florida as of this fall so I will be hitting locations again in person. Some with my drone to get some interesting pictures. Also considering adding behind the scenes photos in each episode's page(s). Anyone want to join me on location let me know as moving day gets closer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C Glide said:

Yes, then I can spend time upgrading, adding etc. to the eps. I will be back in Florida as of this fall so I will be hitting locations again in person. Some with my drone to get some interesting pictures. Also considering adding behind the scenes photos in each episode's page(s). Anyone want to join me on location let me know as moving day gets closer.

Ya me for one.  Please PM me when you plan to return to Fla and Mijami.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, miamijimf said:

Ya me for one.  Please PM me when you plan to return to Fla and Mijami.

And me also please

I would like to join you and Jeremy in the Fall sometime .

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, C Glide said:

Charlie- have you seen some of my new pics I've been posting of Vice locations on the Google Earth filming locations thread here  when I was in Florida in January and February this year  :done:

Many thanks to you for finding so many of the locations in the first place 

Edited by Matt5
  • Like 1

Would love to go location finding in Miami...it has been on my TODO list for a long time. But I am not in the same league as some of you guys who've already done so much sleuthing there.

41 minutes ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Would love to go location finding in Miami...it has been on my TODO list for a long time. But I am not in the same league as some of you guys who've already done so much sleuthing there.

When I started, I knew virtually nothing about Vice locations or the area. And not much was published. It just takes interest and action and every enjoyable time you do it you learn more. It has been a most enjoyable and educational hobby for me. I look forward to being back in S. Fla. and meeting more Vice fans.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, C Glide said:

When I started, I knew virtually nothing about Vice locations or the area. And not much was published. It just takes interest and action and every enjoyable time you do it you learn more. It has been a most enjoyable and educational hobby for me. I look forward to being back in S. Fla. and meeting more Vice fans.

The greatest part is that you're sharing it with everyone. I never watch an episode without immediately visiting your location pages to check out the facts. :tasse_prost:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, C Glide said:

What I know about Vice locations I have learned from spending hours on your incredible website (old one and the new one) as well as playing the Location trivia game miamijimf and others put out there for us,  and again largely referencing your site to see what I can find. So hats off to you Senor Glide.  I have been to Miami a number of times, but only as a stopover on my way to places further south and never managed to find the time to do location hunting. When you do decide to head back to SoFl pls do let us know as some of us may want to make the trip down.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sonny-Burnett said:

Don't let that stop you Sonny, I grew up there, have been playing around with locations for 11 years, and even wrote a book about it but am still not in the same league with some of these guys.  I have found a few locations but rely on their research a lot.  I enjoy it as a part-time hobby.

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:18 PM, miamijimf said:

Don't let that stop you Sonny, I grew up there, have been playing around with locations for 11 years, and even wrote a book about it but am still not in the same league with some of these guys.  I have found a few locations but rely on their research a lot.  I enjoy it as a part-time hobby.

Thanks Jim. Though I consider you one of the handful of true location gurus on this site, and I really appreciate all the work and time you, C Glide, airtommy, Matt5 and the others in here put into showing us all photos of Vice filming locations and comparative/side-by-side screenshots, as well as the location trivia threads.  That has always been just incredibly fascinating to me and I am able to vicariously experience these places through your camera lenses.  I'm just a novice as I haven't even seen any Miami filming sites in the flesh (except the airport ;))  but I sure would like to.

Edited by Sonny-Burnett
  • Like 1