Episode #66 "Viking Bikers From Hell"

Ferrariman

but that in actuality probably belongs to "Missing Hours". ;)Also, I realize that everyone has their opinions...but who the heck rated this "booger" a 10?? :eek: LOL! ;)

Still just a 4 for me. ;)

• 1 month later...

It's not THAT bad, It's just inappropriate for the show. What's dick wolf going to come up with next? aliens? no wait...It felt like something out of Knight Rider or A team

It's not THAT bad' date=' It's just inappropriate for the show. What's dick wolf going to come up with next? aliens? no wait...It felt like something out of Knight Rider or A team[/quote']It's no where near as bad as "Missing" or "Cows" (but what other episodes are?) for sure...but it was still pretty stupid & ridiculous :rolleyes: , and I agree...seemed very out of place or "inappropriate" for "MV".The plot idea was maybe more what "Knight Rider" and "A-Team" were about...but this episode was way too violent and "dark" for even them--they were more kid/family oriented than say "MV". Although personally I love all 3 shows and grew up with all 3! :thumbsup:I think "Viking" was more like a B-80's action movie...with a pointless plot, bad acting, and tons of over-the-top action. It just didn't "fit". I still give it a 4. :evil:

I did like the cynicism Crockett feels towards the end, It's a nice arc he goes through..Too bad it's in this episode :/During the first few seasons he says a few lines expressing some distaste in the futility of his occupation. They expand on it later, which is cool.

I did like the cynicism Crockett feels towards the end' date=' It's a nice arc he goes through..Too bad it's in this episode :/During the first few seasons he says a few lines expressing some distaste in the futility of his occupation. They expand on it later, which is cool.[/quote']I actually found the end of this one weird and goofy :rolleyes: ...like they were just now discovering the "downside" or cons to their profession. Really guys? :p I got a little tired of the negativity later on...it's understandable and okay for a while, but soon it's like dude, you chose the profession...deal with it! :done: In reality of course I'm sure it'd be different...but this was 1980's TV. ;)

I actually found the end of this one weird and goofy :rolleyes: ...like they were just now discovering the "downside" or cons to their profession. Really guys? :p I got a little tired of the negativity later on...it's understandable and okay for a while' date=' but soon it's like dude, you chose the profession...deal with it! :done: In reality of course I'm sure it'd be different...but this was 1980's TV. ;)[/quote']I don't know, I think it would be normal for cops to feel that way during their career or towards the end. They just speed it up a bit in Vice. It must start to break you mentally, watching endless people commit suicide infront of you, seeing all the drug dealers, pimps, hookers.. You have to get to the point where it feels like you're not even making a dent eventually.

I don't know' date=' I think it would be normal for cops to feel that way during their career or towards the end. They just speed it up a bit in Vice. It must start to break you mentally, watching endless people commit suicide infront of you, seeing all the drug dealers, pimps, hookers.. You have to get to the point where it feels like you're not even making a dent eventually.[/quote']I agree...in reality it would be. I just liked the earlier style, sizzle, color, and excitement of "MV". I get tired of things that get too "real", and are dark and depressing all the time. I'm like, I'll turn on the news (or go to work...as I work with troubled kids) if I want to see that. :rolleyes: I want a little bit of fantasy or an "escape" with my entertainment. ;)
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...

Watched this quite weak - and this was written by Walter Kurtz who wrote "Acopalypse Now"?!

They used the same song from Simply Red a year after it appeared in the credits of Season 2's "Trust Fund Pirates " :D

• 1 year later...

I 'll go against the grain here. In my book this episode falls under "pretty darn awesome" category. Sure, it's not the best Miami Vice has to offer, but there is just something special about that episode - it is permeated with that classic 80s B-movie vibe ( hmm, everything that has Reb Brown in it usually is). I just love it! The episode itself is worth an 8, but the score (both by Jan Hammer and other performers) gets a 10 from me! As for Hammer, his music always top notch, but here he really outshone himself

The standoff between Crockett and Reb is entertaining and intense, also some funny banters between C & T throughout the episode. "You got something against my legs?" Always makes me smile.

I really liked Crockett's wardrobe in this one. Especially the attire he wore at the church.

vlcsnap-2016-02-17-23h29m54s637.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

one of my least favorite episode's up through season 3 . Along with "Duty and Honor" this one was moving into the dark nihilistic feeling, with quite a bit of weirdness thrown in.

actually rewatching it i half expected to see Tubbs with a beard for a moment. would fit in with season 4 and 5. story is not that bad. Hammer's music saves it. Strange to me that they reused "Heaven" from Simply Red, used in Trust Fund Pirates the previous season. With all the great 80s songs and singers they didn't use, strange they would re-use a song.

i also realized Reb Brown was in an old episode of Happy Days i remember. weird.

Edited by AzVice

• 1 year later...

One of my lesser watched episodes. If I'm ever in the mood for an episode that reminds me of a cheap 80s action flick, I'll watch it.

However, it's just kind of dull.

On the plus side, the action is good and Izzy is back. The end scene feels like it should've been the end of the season.

S3 really does run out of steam towards the end.

6/10

Edited by Remington

• 6 months later...
On 18/11/2017 at 6:45 PM, APalFromHawaii said:

It's an OK episode. Similar to home invaders. Atleast, Izzy is in it. ;)

Great to see Izzy in this early 1987 episode :hippie:

• 10 months later...

I consider this to be S3's Tale of the Goat.  It's so over the top and the ep is so ecstatic about itself that it winds up being a lot of fun in an exploitation film sort of way.  I love seeing Sonny deciding to put up his dukes at the end.  Now we'll see what Crockett's made of-hand to hand!  Great stunt fall at the end too.  This ep is very enjoyable, just check your brain at the door and let loose.  We're better shots. :D

2 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

This episode must be bad because my DVD refuses to play it! I didn't bother watching it on NBC.com when it was up, doesn't seem interesting to me...

It’s a good episode. 

3 hours ago, Rattlehead said:

This episode must be bad because my DVD refuses to play it! I didn't bother watching it on NBC.com when it was up, doesn't seem interesting to me...

You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't see this ep in its entirety.  This is one of the only ones where you get to see Sonny truly throw down with somebody mano y mano!

Edited by Bren10

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 1:45 PM, Rattlehead said:

On 10/8/2018 at 5:29 PM, Bren10 said:

You're doing yourself a disservice if you don't see this ep in its entirety.  This is one of the only ones where you get to see Sonny truly throw down with somebody mano y mano!

On 10/8/2018 at 5:40 PM, Dadrian said:

Spoiler alert :) 

I also agree that this is a good episode and is definitely worth watching. On the other hand, I had a similar problem with "The Maze" when I first started watching it. It skipped alot (it seemed to be worse at the beginning), but it was still kinda watchable. I had and still have the double-sided discs of S1, btw. Only episode that did that.

Edited by Retro80sfan

• 1 month later...

Okay I gave it a chance. I liked it! It kept me entertained, the story was alright. Crockett sure is rough in this episode...nice wardrobe by the way.

"I don't ride the back of anybody's bike!"

Edited by Rattlehead

• 11 months later...

I overall enjoyed this episode and would give it a 7/10. The beginning was a bit strange, but I liked the action sequences later in the episode. The biker bar scene was cool as well. Tubb's short shotgun made an appearance while he was rocking Sonny's sunglasses. I think this episode of Miami Vice is the only thing other than Predator that I have seen Sonny Landham in. As soon as I heard his voice I knew it was him. Does anyone know if the guitar riff songs/tracks featured in this episode were Jan Hammer? I couldn't find anything on them on the wiki.

Edited by Miami Wayfarer
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Miami Wayfarer said:

I overall enjoyed this episode and would give it a 7/10. The beginning was a bit strange, but I liked the action sequences later in the episode. The biker bar scene was cool as well. Tubb's short shotgun made an appearance while he was rocking Sonny's sunglasses. I think this episode of Miami Vice is the only thing other than Predator that I have seen Sonny Landham in. As soon as I heard his voice I knew it was him. Does anyone know if the guitar riff songs/tracks featured in this episode were Jan Hammer? I couldn't find anything on them on the wiki.

In the 80's Landham was also in movies like "Lock Up" with Stallone and also "48 Hrs" - good movies.