Saundra Santiago Cameo

Dadrian

i knew saundra was in the USA soap "guiding light", but i was reading her wiki today, and it said she had an appearance in another soap in 1985:"Santiago's soap opera connections pre-date her role on Guiding Light. At the height of Miami Vice's popularity in 1985, she reprised her role on an episode of NBC's Days of our Lives, which was airing a storyline set in Miami at the time."is this common knowlege to other vice fans? i'd never heard of it. i think it's pretty cool that vice bled over to another show. does anyone have the footage? ell.a?

• Like 1

no gina in this clip, but i did find this on youtube. it's almost comical. MV ripoff--bigtime! :) great song, though!

Both shows (Days & Vice)are NBC. I'm sure Deidre Hall & Don Johnson shared a night or two back then!The Bell jet ranger, Outboard Scarab & pink t-shirts = Full Vice Treatment

• 6 months later...
nofretz' date='Try PMing GinaFan on .org, a long time active member who might know.[/quote']I think they've done away with the PM function over there.

• Administrators

As well as e-mail. All e-mail addresses are private. Each member is truly an island unto themselves. :clap:

Hi Nofretz, Miamijimf told you to PM her back in Nov. 2008, but you are still an active member there, and you can post your question openly. GinaFan visits occasionally & can post an answer so everyone can benefit from it.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I love that Genesis "Job To Do" clip posted by nofretz above!    :radio:

Here's the introduction to the Miami storyline of "Days of Our Lives".  You might recognize the song . . .

The girl on the beach is in front of the Eden Roc Hotel or Indian Beach Park around 4500 Collins Ave in Miami Beach.  At 2:53, you can see the Fontainebleau Hotel in the background.

Just after that, the guy arrives at the Konover Hotel / Club 54 at 5445 Collins Ave.

The estate is Villa Vizcaya in Coconut Grove, seen often on Miami Vice

Edited by airtommy

• 6 months later...
On September 29, 2015 at 8:28 PM, GinaFan said:

I did see that episode Saundra was on for about 5 minutes, her MV character "Gina" arrested a bad guy on Days Of Our Lives.

Man, I would LOVE to see this!!!  Somebody who is in contact with Saundra online or at a convention or autograph session should ask her if she could find this clip and post it somewhere.

Too bad Youtube pulled the clips posted in this thread.  

On November 5, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Evan said:

The Bell jet ranger, Outboard Scarab & pink t-shirts = Full Vice Treatment

Yes, the budget on these Miami episodes was incredible for a daytime soap opera.  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

MiamiViceDOOL.jpg.f0a3928f52c275255111c04f8a596fa5.jpg

Saundra with Bo and Hope. 

MiamiViceAnniston.jpg.a5d67ab1dfe1156ad00821957b866a18.jpg

And Saundra with Jennifer Aniston's dad. 

Saundra's own photograph's, she shared on her website, which no longer exists. Except for what is archived on the internet. I was really thrilled to find these shots, when she guest starred on "Day's of Lives." Love these rare photos! :fireworks: And the clip must be out there somewhere. Too bad, as a 90's kid, I missed out on the soap opera, when they actually filmed outdoor scenes like this on location. 

Edited by summer84
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, summer84 said:

MiamiViceDOOL.jpg.f0a3928f52c275255111c04f8a596fa5.jpg

Saundra with Bo and Hope. 

MiamiViceAnniston.jpg.a5d67ab1dfe1156ad00821957b866a18.jpg

And Saundra with Jennifer Aniston's dad. 

Saundra's own photograph's, she shared on her website, which no longer exists. Except for what is archived on the internet. I was really thrilled to find these shots, when she guest starred on "Day's of Lives." Love these rare photos! :fireworks: And the clip must be out there somewhere. Too bad, as a 90's kid, I missed out on the soap opera, when they actually filmed outdoor scenes like this on location. 

Great pictures , thanks for sharing - GS looked lovely here.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

vor 5 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

The first video with Saundra arresting the guy at Viscaya is interesting and very entertaining. Especially the resurrection of El Viejo‘s stepson, the cop from San Antonio (or Broward?) who is accompanying her walking down the steps is a blast! :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom said:

Especially the resurrection of El Viejo‘s stepson, the cop from San Antonio (or Broward?) who is accompanying her walking down the steps is a blast! :)

I knew he looked familiar. I was thinking the guy who serves Al his papers in the Lombard teaser (that’s a different guy, right?). Also some very Jan Hammer-ish music in that scene. :thumbsup:

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Dadrian:

I knew he looked familiar. I was thinking the guy who serves Al his papers in the Lombard teaser (that’s a different guy, right?). Also some very Jan Hammer-ish music in that scene. :thumbsup:

That was a different guy! 
but El Viejo‘s stepson appeared in a second MV episode. He was one of the IAD „Alphahotels“ (c) Crockett in Dutch Oven. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tom said:

That was a different guy! 
but El Viejo‘s stepson appeared in a second MV episode. He was one of the IAD „Alphahotels“ (c) Crockett in Dutch Oven. 

Yes! :) :clap:

9 hours ago, Tom said:

Especially the resurrection of El Viejo‘s stepson, the cop from San Antonio (or Broward?) who is accompanying her walking down the steps is a blast!

Wow, I didn't recognize him at all!

In Part 4 they have beach arrest (very much like the ending of Definitely Miami).  That's not Saundra, is it?

dayslives.png.aeab523d7f341029672723c05bba7d9b.png

vor einer Stunde schrieb airtommy:

Wow, I didn't recognize him at all!

In Part 4 they have beach arrest (very much like the ending of Definitely Miami).  That's not Saundra, is it?

dayslives.png.aeab523d7f341029672723c05bba7d9b.png

No of course not! 
It seems you got old and need glasses? :p

That would also explain why you did not recognize Vince Wilson from San Antonio?! Just saying :)

• Haha 3

Anybody know how to save the video with Saundra?  It's going to get taken down by Youtube eventually.

montage with "Just a Job To Do" by Genesis:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2sxklq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ShyE6wklC4

montage with "View To a Kill" by Duran Duran:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqPrOGmY67w

scuba diving at Vizcaya:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXP--6btJcs

vor 6 Stunden schrieb airtommy:

Anybody know how to save the video with Saundra?  It's going to get taken down by Youtube eventually.

To download the video from Youtube use the „ss“ trick. Just insert „ss“ in the URL before the „youtube.com“ part and press enter. Then you can easily download the video. That works fine with all YT videos.

Details here: https://www.legit.ng/amp/1138418-how-download-youtube-using-ss.html

• Thanks 3