My Vice Moment

Dadrian

ferrariman and i have exchanged many stories where little things happen along the way that only vice people would appreciate.here's a thread where we can post them all!i'll start with a couple:one day at work (about a year ago) i called a business. they put me one hold. the hold music (chosen by the store owner) was "last flight" by jan hammer. i was not expecting that one.most of mine involve music (naturally). i always like to listen to "golden triangle" by jan hammer when i go for chinese. there's something about pulling up in front of the restaurant with that music blaring that's just great. you're laughing now, but try it sometime :) just don't go in and beat one of the cooks up in the back alley :)anyone else got a vice moment to share? told it before? tell it again!

My vice moment happens every couple of weeks after washing my car. Works best with a black car.As you drive down a lite street at night time, lean over the steering wheel and watch the street lights reflect off the clean hood. I can almost hear "In The Air Tonight" playing in the background! Haha... I get a kick out of this every time but my friends think I'm nuts.

just standing by the lockers in work is enough for me. The OCB lockers bear an uncanny resemblance to ours in work. I can almost hear "Bad Attitude" as I open mine :funky:

here's a great one from today:i had my mp3 player on random (shuffle) of jan hammer cues.i have a miami map hanging up while i'm charting some locations in my office (really bored and no synths in the office today). i'm writing on the map and the music from "when irish eyes are crying" starts playing on my mp3 player. it was the song when trudy and gina are in the map room on radio dispatch. perfect vice moment! :thumbsup::clap::radio:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I was in my Jag on the interstate doing about 90 one day and "In the Air Tonight" came on. I'd swear I was doing about 110 by the time the song was over. :eek:

• Administrators

You have a British car then?

Actually, Jag was sold to Ford but I heard a while back that Ford sold it to someone else.I don't know who owns them now.

When the Rain Comes DownEarly 90's at Miami International Airport I had just landed for a visit to Miami and my buddy was picking me up. He had just bought his Vette convertible. He called me on my brick phone and said he'd meet me outside and he'd flash his lights three times so I'd know it's him. (The conv. vette I guess wasn't enough of a clue lol) When he pulls up he had the Andy Taylor song playing. Great Vice Moment.

Ok, went to the doctors and there they were, the plastic glass box window to section off, like in Vice......Now you don't see them around anymore up here anyways....I was like, how Vice is this, to bad it was a doctors office. Hey he could be a Vice fan and doing up his office like that. Sue

• 1 month later...

This morning as I was about to go to work, I put on VH1 Classic. A MV fan must have been working because when they came back from the commercial break, they were showing the "Heartbeat" video! The next video was "Against All Odds" by Phill Collins. :):radio:

• 1 month later...

This morning,we(my mom and I)took the dogs for their yearly checkup at the vet,mom too k one dog in while I walked the other one for a walk in the grass beside the vets office,there were a few palm trees there,I looked up to them and realized that the sun was focused behind them,it looked exactly like the opening credits to the show with the sun behind two or three palms!Better still was I was wearing my Wayfarers!I had the theme song going through my head whenever I looked up to these trees,although I din't stood in the middle of them turning around in a 360 degree circle(probably would puke and somebody would call the paddy wagon!)

Nothing ever works out in my favor to have a vice moment...ha!

that's when you make one yourself!go for chinese tonight while listening to "golden triangle" by jan hammer. don't park in the back alley, though :)

This is gonna sound cliche, but one time I was heading to someone's house for a confrontation at night, and In The Air Tonight came on the radio. Needless to say it was cranked, and I broke the speed limit.One time I was waiting on someone, and coolness of it all was I'm Working On It (Miami Squeeze opening) came on the radio. Needless to say I had that song in my head the rest of the time.I entered a club, Season 5-look n' all, and the Numb/Encore remix from the opening of the Miami Vice film was blaring, as I made my way through the club. This was ironically before the film ever came out.

Can't say I've had too many Vice-moment coincidences, aside from certain songs coming on the radio randomly. I have made my own Vice moments, cruising at night with MV or MV-like music playing.Of course, sometimes walking around with sunglasses and a blazer is all it takes.

• 1 month later...

today i heated a microwave meal. it was noodles and meatballs.while reading the instructions, i noticed the spanish translation as "albondigas" (spanish for "meatballs").i had a good laugh, as that word always brings this scene to mind:Eingefügtes Bild

I was in a dentist waiting room the other day and there was just one person sitting opposite me thumbing through the magazines....... brought to mind that scene from Payback :)

I was in a dentist waiting room the other day and there was just one person sitting opposite me thumbing through the magazines....... brought to mind that scene from Payback :)

were you sweating? :)

One time I was going shopping with my mom, there were three stores in a row in which she may have gone into, I had to go through each store looking for her, that piece of music that played during the scene where Crockett and Tubbs surveil the judge at the basketball game and the mobster comes and gets him and Crockett and Tubbs loses them in the episode The Fix played in the back of my head, which also plays in the back of my head a lot when I go to Pier One Imports.

I don't really know, I guess because it has a unique beat to it and they have unique items. It's like hearing Crockett's Theme riding out to my grandma's, they don't live near the water, they used to, but they moved north.

My orthodontist's treatment room looks like the interior of the OCB: White floor, white walls, glass block windows...Now, if In The Air Tonight came on the radio all the time (which it doesn't, I've heard more stinkin REO Speedwagon) I could try to recreate the scene. Which I can't because my mum always turns it off, like Foreigner.:evil: