My Vice Moment

Dadrian

Yeah. Exactly why I have my iPod with me pretty much all the time.(Its got In The Air Tonight on it, but its not nearly as good as having it on the radio.)

A couple of years ago my husband and I rented a Waverunner on a lake. Granted, it was a lake, and a Waverunner instead of a Scarab. All the same, when it was my turn to drive, I started going really fast over a calm stretch of water, and my husband actually said to me, "You think you're in a chase in a Miami Vice episode, don't you?"! It was fun.

• 1 month later...

i saw a teenage kid today wearing this shirt. i told him his shirt was awesome and he'd made my day. i'm pretty sure he was creeped out, and may never wear the shirt again.Eingefügtes Bild

Here in Florida, when we go to a restaurant on the water, out on the deck, & the tropic breezes are blowing and there are boats tied to the dock, I have my Miami Vice moment! :cool:

1. The multistory parking garage where I park my car every day at work reminds me of the scene where Sean Corroon is driving the (black) Testerossa into the parking garage in "When Irish eyes are crying". I wish I had that Jan Hammer music that accompanies the scene on my in car cd player at the time (the same tune you mentioned Dadrian!)2. Whenever someone at work asks me how I am and I reply "Breathin in breathin out man, how about you?"3. Getting out of my car to attend an appointment in the community whilst wearing shades and carrying a briefcase like Crockett turning up for his drug deal with Charlie in "Definately Miami" (this moment happens every working day!)4. Playing "Bad Attitude" on my in car cd player whilst driving down the M1 motorway at high speed.5. Going on the yacht cruise (Based at Bayside Marina) through the Miami waters around Star Island, seeing multi-million dollar houses glide past us while they played the Miami Vice theme tune and Will Smith's "Miami". Not just the most Vice-esque moment of my entire life but akin to a religious experience! The closest I've come to feeling like I'm actually in a Vice episode.6. Walking down the very pavement that Crockett and Tubbs walked down outside the Miami courthouse in "Milk Run" while reciting the "55 gallon drum being conveniently delivered in the middle of the night" speech to myself.7. Walking around the "When Irish eyes are crying" Daytona explosion scene area whilst reciting the dialogue to myself in my head.8. Loading a new set of batteries in my tv remote control like I'm locking a fresh clip into a Bren Ten automatic.9. When I was a teenager I used to cajole my friends into acting out shootouts from Vice whilst filming the whole thing on a tv camera. That was in the days when I was agile enough to jump over a sofa for cover and young enough to get shouted at by my parents for making a noise and "destroying" the sofa.Actually, maybe I need therapy?

go for chinese tonight while listening to "golden triangle" by jan hammer. don't park in the back alley' date=' though :)[/quote']"In case you forget... remember the corpse" (Castillo, Golden Triangle).

1. The multistory parking garage where I park my car every day at work reminds me of the scene where Sean Corroon is driving the (black) Testerossa into the parking garage in "When Irish eyes are crying". I wish I had that Jan Hammer music that accompanies the scene on my in car cd player at the time (the same tune you mentioned Dadrian!)2. Whenever someone at work asks me how I am and I reply "Breathin in breathin out man' date=' how about you?"3. Getting out of my car to attend an appointment in the community whilst wearing shades and carrying a briefcase like Crockett turning up for his drug deal with Charlie in "Definately Miami" (this moment happens every working day!)4. Playing "Bad Attitude" on my in car cd player whilst driving down the M1 motorway at high speed.5. Going on the yacht cruise (Based at Bayside Marina) through the Miami waters around Star Island, seeing multi-million dollar houses glide past us while they played the Miami Vice theme tune and Will Smith's "Miami". Not just the most Vice-esque moment of my entire life but akin to a religious experience! The closest I've come to feeling like I'm actually in a Vice episode.6. Walking down the very pavement that Crockett and Tubbs walked down outside the Miami courthouse in "Milk Run" while reciting the "55 gallon drum being conveniently delivered in the middle of the night" speech to myself.7. Walking around the "When Irish eyes are crying" Daytona explosion scene area whilst reciting the dialogue to myself in my head.8. Loading a new set of batteries in my tv remote control like I'm locking a fresh clip into a Bren Ten automatic.9. When I was a teenager I used to cajole my friends into acting out shootouts from Vice whilst filming the whole thing on a tv camera. That was in the days when I was agile enough to jump over a sofa for cover and young enough to get shouted at by my parents for making a noise and "destroying" the sofa.Actually, maybe I need therapy?[/quote']:clap::clap::clap::thumbsup: Your cool!

One of my most vivid was when I was working at a tropical-themed party on campus where we had intell a certain druggie townie all the local departments were keeping an eye on was going to provide some "party favors". I was relatively new at the Univ PD, so I was one of the three officers picked to go undercover and try to intercept the delivery. Sure enough the townie showed up and we sprang the trap when he made the hand-off. I was wearing an off-white linen jacket (I still have), with a pullover shirt and boat shoes. When I flashed my badge and put my hand on my pistol, confronting the bad guys in the midst of disco-lighted palm trees and sand, I had a MV moment. I imagine I was smiling like an idiot. The 'dope' turned out to be a pound of Ozark stink weed, locally grown marijuana of low quality....... which was hilarious to me because MV dealt with kilos of South American Nostril Dust...... I realized how pathetic things were going to be compared to the MV series and just kept snickering during the booking process. The resulting search warrant turned up some additional drugs at his apartment and the townie had enough priors that he was looking at a long stretch in DOC, so he ratted his supplier out. The funniest thing was he kept insisting we arrange witness protection for him..... :D As if it was all some TV episode......... He wasn't paying attention during the first part of the interview because it became obvious he didn't realize his cooperation would simply provide the possibility of a lesser sentence. Sometimes TV police stuff was helpful in giving the perps an unrealistic concept of what could happen or what we could do. Seems like they all watched cop shows................. :rauchen:

• 2 weeks later...

My VICE moment...................Every time I turn the keys to those twins that rumble and piss off all the other boaters in the Marina (I have the loudest boat there)Then I gently rumble out of the main entrance into open water and really give her the gas.That VICE moment I live every single day of the summer!The CD player playing all VICE tunes doesn't hurt either...........

My VICE moment...................Every time I turn the keys to those twins that rumble and piss off all the other boaters in the Marina (I have the loudest boat there)Then I gently rumble out of the main entrance into open water and really give her the gas.That VICE moment I live every single day of the summer!The CD player playing all VICE tunes doesn't hurt either...........

That is SOOO Cool, I am envious. :cool:

When I see one of the extras from Vice on L& O or other shows. Nobody else gets it. Saundra still looked hot on "The Unusuals."

• 5 weeks later...

In 1989 I bought a 928 Porsche, shortly after that I had an Alpine system put in with a subwoofer, not the first tune but probably the second was Phil Collins, I'll leave it to you to guess which song :cry:

My VICE moment...................Every time I turn the keys...

Awesome. I'd like to hear that some day, seeing how I have a speed fixation.

I've just come back from an awesome location in Milan, where I spent a couple of MV hours!On July 2nd we'll host 1200 guests for an event in the former pelota stadium. There are some in Italy but this was the only one where professionals played!The old entrance:Eingefügtes BildIt has been renovated now but the logo JaiAlai remains and you can see that it's pretty similar to this:Eingefügtes BildThe location manager gave us a tour of the building and showed us some photos and memorabilia of the games and players. (unfortunately no pics allowed.)This is how it looks today:Eingefügtes BildEingefügtes BildA very big place, yet silent and when I was walking around, I could see the game and hear people inciting the players, exactly like in Killshot, but it was just my imagination. (Should I worry? :)) Such a cool experience! :thumbsup:

I just saw a picture of my daughter shooting a.. glock?, at a target, her husband is a cop, and I commented, "Freeze, New Port Richey,..Vice!"

I just saw a picture of my daughter shooting a.. glock?' date=' at a target, her husband is a cop, and I commented, "Freeze, New Port Richey,..Vice!"[/quote']or..."Don't even breath, Pal!"