My Vice Moment

Dadrian

I forgot that my dad also used to work in BBC Broadcasting House (Bush House) in the 80's - now that is another great art-deco style building - can't seem to find any decent photos of it though. Heh heh looks like this Vice thing was subliminally passed-down to me from my dad and now I'm doing the same to my son! :D

Does anyoe else often find themselves looking up at certain cloud formations and saying to themselves 'that looks like Ep [X] from the Vice'? Especially at certain times of the year (like summer in the UK) ? There are some great shots of the skyline throughout MV and just occasionally I can spot something similar in the skies...

• Administrators

I'd have to say mine would be in my Jag on the interstate doing about 90 blasting Phil Collins, In the Air Tonight.Close as I can come.

Well its sad to say boys and girls that "MY Vice" has been out of the water all season so far with a blown transmission. Today however my luck changed and I found one only 50 km from here so I went to look at it. It is the correct one so I will soon be having 'My Vice" moment again when I fire up the twin big blocks and cruise the lake.So far this season I have been pretending with the Stinger 260 but sadly its a poor excuse for the real thing! Fun but too small...but I do have my Vice moments on a daily basis. Actually I am going to a big gathering this Wednesday and taking the boat so I will also be dressed in my finest salmon "T" with my blazer and black pants and of course my Rolex (have to impress the ladies you know)Should have the BIG boat fixed in about a week or so hopefully just in time for Labour Day......damn..................................................what a short summer!

Pal,I can't believe how long you've been without your STINGER!It must be driving you crazy!!By the way, did you ever paint your daytona black like you were going to do?

• 4 weeks later...

Today my local TV channel showed retro tv commercials, from 80s. And there was a commercial from 1986 or 1987, can't remember.. well, the background music was Steve Jones - Mercy. These commercials were so cool.. I watched them with my mum and I told her that old tv commercials were so cool and that nowadays commercials are very boring. My mum remembered the commercials very well. :dance:

• 3 months later...

Today on New Years Day, I took a date out for a movie and lunch. Afterward, we went shopping.We went to a clothing store called, "GUESS", and as usual (This is the reason I don't shop there) some young employee immediately greets you near the enterance before you really have a chance to look around, and tells you all about the specials going on.He looked about 17 years old.After telling us about the specials, and the sales pitch, he said, "O.k., so let me know if there's anything I can do for you, or if you need any help. I like being personable in case you need help, so my name is Mark, what are your names?"Without ANY hesitation, I replied, "I'm Sonny, and this is Gina."Of course he said, "Hi Sonny and Gina, nice to meet you."He had no clue.Another VICE moment! :thumbsup::D

I just remembered another Vice moment (don't know how I managed to forget this one!). A couple of years ago, DanJ took myself and my dad to visit the site of the cemetary scene from "Tale of the Goat". After taking photos, Dan started driving off, then not far away spotted a familiar street (featured either in Vice or Burn Notice, I can't remember which), and we pulled into an empty car park with the car facing the road, while Dan quickly started taking photos. I say quick, because this was apparantly a potentially dangerous neighbourhood. At the same time that Dan was doing this, we noticed a man standing on a corner with cars coming up to him, an exchange of some sort would take place, then the cars would drive off. We quickly realised that this was some kind of drug dealer pitch. The guy just also happened to be standing pretty much in front of where Dan was taking photos.Can you imagine how it looked? Three white guys parked in a car on it's own in a car park, in a predominantly black neighbourhood in a dangerous part of Miami, taking photos of what appeared to be a drug dealer on a street corner. For several seconds I felt like I was in a Miami Vice stakeout. The thrill of this Vice moment was ambivalently mixed with the imminent desire to get out of there. How that guy didn't spot us I don't know.

• Administrators

Quite a few years ago I was driving my Black Daytona (Dodge) late at night through my hometown. I was on a long stretch of road winding through the gears with "In The Night" by Russ Ballard playing on my stereo. I was so into the moment that I ran the red light just like the scene from the episode "Hit List" Stupid I know but it was the kind of road where you could see anything coming from a mile away so the only danger was a possible ticket.

It does have a GOLDEN TRIANGLE feel to it!

Thanks Coop. You should see the parking garage I park in for that place, its totally empty usually.

I have a mexican restaurant not far from me, and although it is open for business, I usually don't see ANYONE in it, and when I do when I drive by, there is usually one or two people in there. I've driven by at lunch and dinner. It's always the same. I have absolutely no idea how it stays in buisness. I won't eat there because if there is no business, I don't want to eat food that is just sitting.

I have a mexican restaurant not far from me' date=' and although it is open for business, I usually don't see ANYONE in it, and when I do when I drive by, there is usually one or two people in there. I've driven by at lunch and dinner. It's always the same. I have absolutely no idea how it stays in buisness. I won't eat there because if there is no business, I don't want to eat food that is just sitting.[/quote']Play some Golden Triangle in your car, drive up there and go in and ask for Howie Wong!:D

Play some Golden Triangle in your car' date=' drive up there and go in and ask for Howie Wong!:D[/quote']"We'd like....one Howie Wong,....to go." :)

• 1 month later...

My vice moment... in real time!I'm at the moment working with my correspondent from Chicago. He's sleepy for the jetlag and because he ate too much pasta at lunch, I'm angry because: 1. he made a mess with some documents 2. he keeps changing his mind 3. he forgot to bring me the Carmex I asked for!!! :evil:We've just had an argument (can you imagine ME arguing in English?) and I said to him: "You know what pal? We sure work at (company name) but lately it's been looking a lot like Disneyworld".You should have seen his face!Now he's in a meeting but I have the feeling the argument is not over so something else "vice" might happen! :)

My vice moment... in real time!I'm at the moment working with my correspondent from Chicago. He's sleepy for the jetlag and because he ate too much pasta at lunch' date=' I'm angry because: 1. he made a mess with some documents 2. he keeps changing his mind 3. he forgot to bring me the Carmex I asked for!!! :evil:We've just had an argument (can you imagine ME arguing in English?) and I said to him: "You know what pal? We sure work at (company name) but lately it's been looking a lot like Disneyworld".You should have seen his face!Now he's in a meeting but I have the feeling the argument is not over so something else "vice" might happen! :)[/quote']Are you able to work in the words "DR. VOODOO" or "HECKLE AND JECKLE" into the argument?:)

• 3 weeks later...

Had one just the other night! Was running code three to a chest pain call, red lights flashing on the dark road (no sirens because it was 0330 and didn't wanna wake the whole town), and "In The Air Tonight" was playing on the radio.Surreal I tell ya.

I cann't help it but my vice moment is like manny others here with in the air tonight.I had a really terribele day at work. When I got into my car to drive home In the air came on the radio. I just put the volume up verry loud and image I was in Miami driving instead of in a opel astra on a grey and rainy afternoon in the Netherlands. When the song was over I just quickly put my miami vice cd in ( I think it was volume 1) and just drove home. Needless to say my mood was a lot better when I arrived at home three quaters of an hour later.