Relieved of Duty

Ferrariman

• Administrators

Just a quick note here to let everyone here know that I have been relieved of my duties as site moderator/admin over at mv.org by it's new owners. I have been a member at .org since 2002 and have enjoyed every moment of it. I guess all good things come to an end. On the flip side, this will allow me to give this site the full attention it deserves. My understanding is that .org will have NO moderators, so everyone, please, stop in at .org and wish the new owners a lot of luck because they're gonna need it!ThanksFM

I've also added Martijn's e-mail to me just barely a month before I got the axe!

Subject org's future From Martijn Kalf Date Monday, October 27, 2008 2:07 pm To: ferrariman

Hi Lou,How are things going with you and Maria?A few days ago, I received all the necessary passwords and accounts from Randolph for org, including the one to the server that hosts org.Today I got the dvd with all the stuff he made for org, including the new never been published website..I haven't looked at it, but will do so coming friday evening.What I would like to do is to restore the original site (this includes the complete homepage with episode information and so on) to it's former glory.I also want to take a look at how far his new site progressed and see if I can use it as the new site's look (keeping the current forum and all postings intact).But I do not want to take full control over the whole site, meaning that I want to restart it the way it was, with you as THE moderator and me as Randolph's replacement with much better response time :)If in case the site hangs again with the ever so horrible "service unavailable" message, I want to look into this issue more deeply and if needed move the whole site to a new hoster, should I discover that the server on which the site runs is the cause of the problems.I would really like to know your thoughts on this.Lots of thanks and say hello to Maria from me and Tif.Martijn

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ferrariman

• Richie Rich

• DJWannaB

• timm525

• Administrators

You already know how I feel my friend!Together we will all make THIS the best MV board on the net!

A Forum without a Moderator:eek: Good Luck to them:blind:I'm over here most of the time, so glad you will be here full time:thumbsup:

Kind of a surprise. It's nice of Tif and Martijn to take over the site but without a moderator and without F-man's guiding hand it will likely become choked with spam and trolls. I'll try to stick with .org since a lot of good folks still use it but I don't know for how long. I'll also work on copying some good posts that I haven't copied yet.

• Administrators

... side by side with mv.info ;):D:D

I think of .info and .ws as the same board, just in different languages. :funky:

Guest The Talk

... and different options to load an avatar. Correct, timm?:):)

... side by side with mv.info ;):D:D

Sorry, I should have added "just kidding". Thats what it was meant to be (look at the ":D:D") - just a joke.

I have made this post on Org (and against the whole copying and pasting issues conflict) I have posted it below....As a long standing member of MV.Org from 2002 (long before either Martijn or Tiffany) I am both very saddened and disgusted in the direction org will be going! Org is very near and dear to my heart and I feel that this latest decision will prove fatal to this site simply because a man that has put his heart and soul into this site (both during and after Randolphs absence might I add) has been relieved of his duties! I don't get that?! The Ferrariman that has been not only a permanent fixture on Org but has been synonymous with this site, and whose reputation in the MV community preceeds him has gotten his walking papers! Unbelievable! Members that joined in Org's hey day knew that Randolph handed over the keys of his MV Kingdom to the Ferrariman and never even looked back! The reason why you ask, is because he knew that Lou's dedication and love for MV would take Org well into the future and run it the way it's supposed to be run! Frankly, I don't even think this is about how the site should be run but rather about the power and control of it all! This is as good as a slap across the face! I will not wish the "new owners" any luck on org (because they've burned enough bridges and will continue to do so as this topic speaks volumes in itself! Great job!...And please don't post any "thank you" posts tifany people are just humouring you when they wish you good luck! That wasn't meant to be a compliment! You should just stick to what you're good at like "Welcoming" new members! Oh and btw...just for the record, I'd still take "Service Unavailable" over this BS any day!

I neglected to mention in my earlier post that if F-man takes this development as an insult or a slight then the new owners should really be ashamed of themselves. I agree with the comment F-man is Vice and am reconsidering my decision to try to stick with .org while it lasts.

.orgI found the site a little over a year ago. Merci Ferrariman for all the tireless work you've done at .orgIt answered nearly every question I had without asking.When I do a montage it is my source of infomation.Best to You here at .ws

I think we should all get behind Lou on this one folks. He's a sound guy (Brit talk for a good bloke). He doesn't know this but he really helped us out last Christmas. Don't want to pull at the heart strings too much but my dad died on Chrsitmas day last year and the only thing that kept me going was Lou sending me a few cd's of vice music. Sounds silly but its one of those things you remember. Mean't a lot to us so thanks

Guest neworder

Ive sat back, read whats been said on here and on .org, and to be fair id just like to voice my disgust for what they've done to the legend that is Ferrariman. Ive never really got involved with the politics of .org which is why my earlier post on this thread was a bit...well...could say immature of the bigger picture but now ive read things i wanna voice my support for Ferrariman, keep up the good work, lots of people appreciate it. Only been using .org over past few months for the reviews anyway, this .ws is where its at now, times have changed.SJB

Ive sat back' date=' read whats been said on here and on .org, and to be fair id just like to voice my disgust for what they've done to the ledgend that is Ferrariman. Ive never really got involved with the politics of .org which is why my earlier post on this thread was a bit...well...could say immature of the bigger picture but now ive read things i wanna voice my support for Ferrariman, keep up the good work, lots of people appreciate it. Only been using .org over past few months for the reviews anyway, this .ws is where its at now, times have changed.SJB[/quote']Yes I agree. I've had it with those folks. I will probably never post again at .org. Kind of makes me want to get a new computer connection and username and become a troll on .org just to see what happens. Would I do that?- maybe.

• Administrators

All the trolls who have graced .org with their presence over the years couldn't ruin it. Isn't it ironic that it took the new owners of the site to finally burn it down!