Relieved of Duty

Ferrariman

@Ferrariman and Cooper&Burnett - Are there plans to (and is there an easy way to) bring overCooper&Burnetts content from .org? There is a lot of goodstuff there. Thanks

COOPER&BURNETTs SCRAPBOOK SECTION is a popular section with one of a kind items and articles. I have all the photos that I posted (nearly 2,000!!!).I'll be here, and will rebuild it....and obviously, with NEW POSTS!(A nifty new (vintage vice) clothing item will show up next week!) I'm planning more fun for us all!Love ya SREDD. I still think you have a great sense of humor. Your a favorite of mine.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ferrariman

• Richie Rich

• DJWannaB

• timm525

The gangs all getting it back on here!Hey all, Lou, I wrote you and you know what happened. I'm glad you are here and you've always been the man. Alway there for everyone, fair, looking at both sides before doing anything. Helpful and also kind in other ways, like the cds you sent me and didn't have to, that was so cool. I'm glad to see a lot of the gang are here and coming together with a great leader (Lou) who has some other good people on the team. I missed everyone and don't like to get into all that garbage, but decided to at least let people know I'm full WS now, not Org. With what happened with Lou, some info I found out and then with RB and company, don't need that. I come on here to find out about things, to have fun and make friends and get with friends I've already made.....RL is stressful, that's why we have this haven. Why be in a place with stress like that. So here I sit waiting for the great Scrapbook from our C&B and learn more things about Vice and other things and to be with friends. Lou , you are the greatest in my book. Sue

COOPER&BURNETTs SCRAPBOOK SECTION is a popular section with one of a kind items and articles. I have all the photos that I posted (nearly 2' date='000!!!). I'll be here, and will rebuild it....and obviously, with NEW POSTS! (A nifty new (vintage vice) clothing item will show up next week!) I'm planning more fun for us all! Love ya SREDD. I still think you have a great sense of humor. Your a favorite of mine.[/quote'] Love you too, brother. How's it going with the new Indiana Jones Soundtrack set? How far have you gotten? I need to get it before it goes the way of the Complete Miami Vice Collection (hard to find).

It's gonna be fun to sit back and watch it burn. Marshmellows are on me!

Lou, I understand where you are coming from, in light of the past week's events, but I respectfully disagree.I am saddened by the .org implosion, and do not feel any glee. Right now, I am going to run into that burning house to retrieve some stuff, and then move into my new home, and reacclimate myself. It feels somewhat like the Space Shuttle disaster, as one can only watch helplessly, with a feeling of horror, but also fascination, as the flames tear across the sky, leaving a path of destruction. :cry:

• Administrators

Rich, You're absolutely right of course. Just trying to throw in a little humor to hide my disgust. .org held a ton of good memories for me and I'll miss it but on the other hand I've been burned. I'm not one to hold a grudge or say "I told you so" but now with the zoo crew back in full force .org holds nothing else for me and obviously for a lot of other members too. I promise to keep doing what I do and to beat them, not with bashing or underhanded tricks but by simply giving members what they want and by doing it better. They keep telling me to "move on" I guess they haven't noticed that I already have!

Lou - you absolutely have the right to feel disgust and anger. I am so glad to read of your decision to move on, as I was hoping you would do so. As in the world of firefighting, rescue all those that can be rescued from the burning building, but when that moment comes when the building is about to collapse, then get the %*$# out, let it collapse, shed a tear for those who could not be saved, or who refused to leave. As Arnold said, "Hasta la vista, baby."

• Administrators

I think you got your message across! I appreciate all your support but let's not sink to that level. Thanks!

I am saddened by the .org implosion' date=' and do not feel any glee. It feels somewhat like the Space Shuttle disaster, as one can only watch helplessly, with a feeling of horror, but also fascination, as the flames tear across the sky, leaving a path of destruction. :cry:[/quote']Kind of how I feel right now. I like Tif but my head is spinning about this.

Kind of how I feel right now. I like Tif but my head is spinning about this.

Same here. I think one thing that will stop our heads from spinning, and help the healing process, is to simply listen and discuss. We can forget about .org becoming the ultimate MV website, we can forget about a 2009 convention, we can forget about "things being the way they used to be" (you can't revive the dead, can't turn back the clock).But there is one thing we can still do (and I will do) - extend our hand and say "I'll be your friend'.

Nothing's burning. The crowd is here, only a few rats on that other website. This is a message board, and the crowd is the only thing that matters. Moving the crowd to a different URL shouldn't affect the discussions at all.Make no mistake, Tif & Martijn were VERY deceitful in this whole affair. They lied to F-man and about F-man. Furthermore, it is now crystal clear that they knew that they were going to buy out Randolph but they hid that fact from everyone. Randolph was communicating with them at the same time that he was ignoring emails from his FREE LABOR moderator and administrator (F-man). That speaks volumes about his character.

... .org held a ton of good memories for me and I'll miss it but on the other hand I've been burned...

You now have something in common with Michael Weston. 'Cept that ya ain't in Miami, pal! C'mon down, we'll cruise to Bar-B-Cue Beach at 16th & Washington and I'll buy you a Mojito!

• Administrators

If I ever make it to Miami you can count on it! Good to see you here Dan!

Ditto. F-man I'll throw in a Cuba Libre. BTW I never got an answer on my last PM.Thanks,

Same here. I think one thing that will stop our heads from spinning' date=' and help the healing process, is to simply listen and discuss. We can forget about .org becoming the ultimate MV website, we can forget about a 2009 convention, we can forget about "things being the way they used to be" (you can't revive the dead, can't turn back the clock).But there is one thing we can still do (and I will do) - extend our hand and say "I'll be your friend'.[/quote']Thank you. I accept. :dance:

Richie Rich : Don't be so quick to say we can forget about a 2009 Convention. Definitely NOT because of this moderator fiasco. I'm still looking into a suitable place for the Convention..........with no real help from anyone else I might add. People don't even want to stay at a hotel. It's cheaper to stay with friends! ..............But I will try to get more info & prices for everyone.Airtommy : I hope you weren't referring to me when you said there are " only a few rats on that other website." I always thought the rats were the first to leave a sinking ship. The crew & captain were the last to leave! Yes, for the umpteenth time, it was wrong for Tif & Martijn to fire Lou,the banned people are back at .ORG & so far they are behaving themselves. I am trying to keep the Episode Reviews going on both sites...although we have 11 reviews missing from Season 2 over there. If I see cursing, bullying etc. happening there I'll also throw my badge down but not until then. I believe in giving people a chance.

Whew! What a Thanksgiving. This was a holiday unlike any other thanks to all the drama going on here in Viceland. I was riveted to my computer more than usual, and even got to speak on the phone to a great fellow vicer. I'm so glad to see life going on this Monday morning, and seeing all the familiar names popping up. I'm looking forward to a great ride here on .ws.

• Administrators

Make sure you're strapped in pal cause it's gonna be a wild ride!

• Administrators
You now have something in common with Micheal Weston. 'Cept that ya ain't in Miami' date=' pal! C'mon down, we'll cruise to Bar-B-Cue Beach at 16th & Washington and I'll buy you a Mojito![/quote']Now I wish I had thought of it sooner. "Burn Notice" would've been a classic name for my "Relieved of Duty" topic! Damn!

• Administrators
Richie Rich : Don't be so quick to say we can forget about a 2009 Convention. Definitely NOT because of this moderator fiasco. I'm still looking into a suitable place for the Convention..........with no real help from anyone else I might add. People don't even want to stay at a hotel. It's cheaper to stay with friends! ..............But I will try to get more info & prices for everyone.Airtommy : I hope you weren't referring to me when you said there are " only a few rats on that other website." I always thought the rats were the first to leave a sinking ship. The crew & captain were the last to leave! Yes' date=' for the umpteenth time, it was wrong for Tif & Martijn to fire Lou,the banned people are back at .ORG & so far they are behaving themselves. I am trying to keep the Episode Reviews going on both sites...although we have 11 reviews missing from Season 2 over there. If I see cursing, bullying etc. happening there I'll also throw my badge down but not until then. I believe in giving people a chance.[/quote']Once again Tony, your attitude is very commendable but just a few things to think about: 1. The old crew is behaving themselves because there's nobody there to bully around. (yet)2. I posted facts yesterday about RB leaving .org and he quickly reverted to form cursing and screaming at me but you won't see that because it's all been deleted or hidden which means that anyone is free to express their own opinion, as long as it's martijn's opinion too. Censorship is alive and well on .org3. The convention. Do you really think that most of the fans are going to want to come to Bravoland (Florida for most of you) and take a chance at him crashing it or ruining it? 4. Tony, nobody has given people more second chances that I have but at some point that ends. As the old saying goes "A leopard doesn't change it's spots"Frankly this reminds me of the whole affair with PP when you were among the few to defend him. You always look on the idealistic side Tony. Commendable but unrealistic. Bottom line is you are now in Dodge City and the sheriff is Barney Fife!I wish you luck and you're always welcome here!

Thank you. I accept. :dance:

Thanks, friend. I added you to that cool "Friends List" that I saw on my User CP. It is now official. I'm already feeling better :thumbsup: .

Ditto. I'm glad you are here Dan. And I'm buying the cafecito upon your arrival in Miami' date=' Lou. From this place:[img']http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee99/MVRichieRich/DSC01460.jpgEingefügtes BildAs you can see, Dan and I and our UK friends have already sampled the java. Good stuff.

Thanks Lou for your welcome here, and you're right .......I am very idealistic. Guess I'm like Crockett when he first joined vice. P-P was a pain but he never was the foul-mouthed bully that RB became. If there is a convention There will be a check-in station so un-invited guests can't barge in. I like to know what's been said in posts and I'll tell that to Martijn.

Richie Rich : Don't be so quick to say we can forget about a 2009 Convention. Definitely NOT because of this moderator fiasco. I'm still looking into a suitable place for the Convention..........with no real help from anyone else I might add. People don't even want to stay at a hotel. It's cheaper to stay with friends! ..............But I will try to get more info & prices for everyone.I believe in giving people a chance.

Tony -I made this statement after giving it a lot of thought. I think this would be our best course of action right now - to announce that the '09 Convention is cancelled. Reason One is because you are receiving "no real help". You should not do this thing all by yourself. Reason Two is because you could put a lot of effort into this only to have 2 or 3 people show up. Reason Three is because of the recent conflicts, and hard feelings, and bad behavior. Yes, there was bad behavior on the other site, since deleted (I read it before it was deleted). Not a good time for a get together, at least not one with an "open invitation" to which "all are invited".A sound and reasoned alternative would be a private get together, which you could get together by PM and email. The attendees would know about it, but not the "General Membership", and those who PM you could state "I definitely will be there", or maybe just "let me know if you are getting together". Advantages - no gate crashers, and no media people who would show up just to make fun of you. This has happened before, by the way, and the video is out there on YouTube. I would not show up at an event where the media is going to ridicule me and my friends. No way. That was the reason for my statement. It was not for me, as I won't be attending. I did not want to see you work on a project that is doomed to crash and burn. You are a friend, and I did not want to see that happen.