Episode #18 "Made for Each Other"

Ferrariman

I love the opening scene and it's shootout. Good views of the "Jerry's famous deli" building and Collins Avenue. Watch how the old woman in the background laughs as Switek gets his foot caught in his own wheelchair!Like the bit where Costelada says to that guy on the phone "You know what I'm thinking now?.... think about it!", then puts the phone down. I'll have to try that one at work.Check out Noogie's face at 34:20.If you check out the scene where the cement gets poured into the construction worker's car, you can see at 38:16 what appears to be one of Miami's most distinctive buildings, International Place a.k.a the Bank of America Building being constructed in the background.Also thought it was funny when Zito turns round to look at Barry Gold again at 39:32.The comedy in this episode works, but only to a point. A cement truck obsessed dealer seems incongruous with the other, much more darker episodes of Vice. Particularly when the guy who played Costalada also played Pagone's right man in "The Fix", a pretty dark episode itself.Having said all that, I'll give this episode 6.5 out of 10.

Papa Legba, I would have to agree with you for sure, but I still say that it's a 7.5/10, not a 6.5. Oh well, I seem to be the only one agreeing with the 7.5

Papa Legba' date=' I would have to agree with you for sure, but I still say that it's a 7.5/10, not a 6.5. Oh well, I seem to be the only one agreeing with the 7.5[/quote']Hi MiamiCop. I understand your point of view. I thought people might wonder why I'm being a bit conservative with my scoring. The reason is that I know that there are much better episodes that will be coming along over the next few months that I know I'm going to be scoring 8's, 9's, and 10's for. I don't want to be scoring high now, then find I can't score any higher later. I'm just trying to put my scoring in context with the whole 5 seasons of Vice. So although "Made for each other", for me was a good episode at 6.5, it doesn't compare to some of the amazing episodes that will be along later that I'm going to be scoring 9's and 10's for.

I just watched this ep today, so here, my first ep review.I love the bit where Izzy can't hotwire the cement truck and then accidentally dumps cement into that car. Its a very good ep, and I think Castillo should have allowed Iz and the Noogman to continue on with selling stuff to Bonzo Barry (or whatever the hell his name was). Love the quote 'Well, our supplier just left with the supplies'. I was also very happy with the fact they incorperated selling stolen good instead of just drugs. Makes a nice change, not hearing the word cocaine in Vice (not that I'm complaining).I gave it a 7.

• Administrators

I like your signature MiamiCop :thumbsup:

I like it as well, because I made it especially for the "Rules&Policies" of .info and .ws. :baby:

I'll brand this episode with a 7. Overall I found it focused too much on Switek's new but short lived relationship. I did enjoy the clip with the cement truck heist though, lol.

One of my favourites.Of course, this is not a regular MV episode. But from the ones i have on DVD this is the most funny. And its the ones i dont get tired of watch.The dinamic duo, Izzy and Noogie were great.Unhopeffully, we could have a bit more of PMT and DJ on it. Or maybe the first part of the counterfeit money, could be explored in one episode (part1) leading to a sequel opening in Made For Each Other.

• 3 months later...

This episode really shouldn't work. It's a comedy, and it's Miami Vice. If they had done it in season 4 it would have been horrible. 8/10. Sticking Izzy and Noogie(same guy come up with both names?!) is really flippin. Love the homage to The King. I guess this episode shows you can only depend on your friends. Not chicks with Diana pictures.

• 3 weeks later...

A good comic relief epsisode with Stan and Larry. You have the comedic cop duo Stan and Larry and the comedic criminal due Izzy and Noogie. This episode is hilarious. The scene where Sonny offers to let Larry hang out with him because he has no where else to go that night is touching. The scene at the beginning where Stan and Larry pull up to Larry's house on fire and the only thing that survived is the mail box with the gas bill cracks me up. Great episode and it shows just how flexible Miami Vice was in terms of story lines. Izzy and Noogie are great throughout the whole epsisode. I give this episode an 8.

• 11 months later...

This in my opinion, is the worst episode of the first season! :sick:Don't get me wrong...I loved all the Vice members for the different aspects they brought to their characters, and I wish more episodes would have been made about Stan and Larry.But, this one sucked!! :evil: It was just too stupid, boring, and ridiculous. The plot was dumb, it was way too slap-stick, and that stupid (ugly) annoying girlfriend of Stan's (that was an ex of Zito's) was the worst part of the episode. Instead of trying to do a somewhat serious episode to truly show-case the characters of Stan Switek and Larry Zito...they go overboard to continue to show the goof-ball moron-like aspects. Then they include BOTH Izzy and Noogie in the same episode--quadrupling the stupid-annoying aspects. :evil:It just was terrible and I rated it a 2. :thumbsdown: The only reason I didn't vote it a 1 is because it wasn't "Missing Hours" or "Cows of October."

• 1 month later...

I really like this episode Izzy & Noogie rules. :) I love scene with concrete mixer truck and score from this. Dadrian made great cover of this track. :)Stan & Larry were a good friends. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This was a terrible Switek and Zito centered episode.It made them look rather pathetic to me, Stan taking Larry's sloppy seconds. Plus the chick was beyond annoying.There were a few good moments with Noogie/Izzy and Zito/Sonny.Sadly it wasn't enough to save this clunker.

• 10 months later...

The first comedy-episode is totally fantastic!:D:thumbsup:OK, plot isn't as thrilling as in other episodes, but the focus isn't on the plot, but on the interplay between Larry, Stan, Noogie and Izzy.This quartette is unbeatably humorous!!:D:D Already Larry and Stan are a howl, but together with Noogie AND Izzy - EXCELLENT!!!:happy:I especially like the versatileness of Made For Each Other - on the one hand there's Stan and Darlene who are constantly nerved by Larry. Stan can't be angry with his partner and friend and it would be better if Stan shares an appartement with Larry than with Darlene.:)Otherwise there's Noogie and Izzy who should help Larry and Stan to arrest a gangster. Of course, there arise troubles when they are involved.:DAnother point is that this episode is wonderfully extravagantly: for example Noogie's "marriage", the spotted truck, a gangster who only wants play with a truck etc.:D:DI don't know another series which shows common things like a truck etc. so much stylish. We have the feeling that everything is well-thought-out and adapted with each scene.:happy:There are also emotional scenes: the night talk between Sonny and Larry (with Jan Hammer's Night Talk - beautiful!:radio:) where Sonny proves what a good friend he is!:clap:Finally Made For Each Other features some action when Larry and Stan jumps on the yacht and shoot the gangsters.:cool:And the last scenes show the brilliant marriage of Noogie and his stripper, underlayed with a cool 80s-club song of Jan!:radio:10 of 10 points due to good humour (9 of 10 for plot)!

Made For Each Other - on the one hand there's Stan and Darlene who are constantly nerved by Larry. Stan can't be angry with his partner and friend and it would be better if Stan shares an appartement with Larry than with Darlene.:)Otherwise there's Noogie and Izzy who should help Larry and Stan to arrest a gangster. Of course, there arise troubles when they are involved.:DAnother point is that this episode is wonderfully extravagantly: for example Noogie's "marriage", the spotted truck, a gangster who only wants play with a truck etc.:D:DI don't know another series which shows common things like a truck etc. so much stylish. We have the feeling that everything is well-thought-out and adapted with each scene.:happy:There are also emotional scenes: the night talk between Sonny and Larry (with Jan Hammer's Night Talk - beautiful!:radio:) where Sonny proves what a good friend he is!:clap:Finally Made For Each Other features some action when Larry and Stan jumps on the yacht and shoot the gangsters.:cool:And the last scenes show the brilliant marriage of Noogie and his stripper, underlayed with a cool 80s-club song of Jan!:radio:10 of 10 points due to good humour (9 of 10 for plot)!

I'm sorry, but I can't stand this episode! Here's what I said earlier concerning "Made For Each Other":This in my opinion, is the worst episode of the first season! :sick:Don't get me wrong...I loved all the Vice members for the different aspects they brought to their characters, and I wish more episodes would have been made about Stan and Larry.But, this one sucked!! :evil: It was just too stupid, boring, and ridiculous. The plot was dumb, it was way too slap-stick, and that stupid (ugly) annoying girlfriend of Stan's (that was an ex of Zito's) was the worst part of the episode. Instead of trying to do a somewhat serious episode to truly show-case the characters of Stan Switek and Larry Zito...they go overboard to continue to show the goof-ball moron-like aspects. Then they include BOTH Izzy and Noogie in the same episode--quadrupling the stupid-annoying aspects. :evil:It just was terrible and I rated it a 2. :thumbsdown: The only reason I didn't vote it a 1 is because it wasn't "Missing Hours" or "Cows of October."

• 1 month later...

Made For Each Other18. Made For Each OtherAlthough this episode was funny at times, it wasn’t one of my favorites. For one, Costalatta was kindoff ridiculous. Darlene was also very annoying. Good thing this is the only time we see her. Noogie was actually pretty funny in this episode so that was a plus. The opening teaser was pretty good. Tubbs telling Sonny to read a book was funny. I also liked when Stan was impersonating Elvis at his apartment. The big shrine in the living room was also pretty comical. Switek and Zito highlight the episode which was great but everything else in the episode didn’t do them much justice. It is a good episode but I have to put it in the lower tier of episodes for the season. 8/10

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Even though I'm not a fan of some of these funny episodes that almost always seem to include at least Izzy, I must admit that this one is actually funny. The whole Zito/Switek situation is a nice change and Izzy and especially Noogie are on top form in this episode. Maybe I'm a bit generous, but I'll give this one 9/10.

• 2 months later...
Somewhat off topic from the normal episode discussion but one thing I find interesting about this episode is the great detail that someone took in decorating Stan's apartment with Elvis memorabilia. So much great stuff I wonder if someone in the crew was a big fan and brought in some of their own collection to make his apartment look authentic.Included in the inventory was this poster:Eingefügtes BildIt is the 1956 poster from the famous Jacksonville concerts. This was the concert where Elvis was threatened with jail if he gyrated his hips for and aft during the concert. The local Juvenile Court Judge sat thru the concerts on both days to see if he gyrated his hips. If he had he would have signed warrants on the spot for Elvis' arrest. How times have changed! Here is a picture of the Judge giving Elvis the run down on what he could and could not do at the very concert that Stan had the poster for :Eingefügtes BildI have updated this episode on my location site with this info and more if you have further interest.http://www.sffl.comcastbiz.net
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

To be honest, I actually enjoyed this episode when I was younger, and still do to this day. It just gives you a chance to laugh, if you enjoy this type of humour. The only thing I didn't like was Costalado, he was a pathetic actor and was cheesier than my grilled cheese sandwiches with meat. I'd rather watch a slapstick episode of Miami Vice than something utterly crap like The Dukes of Hazzard, Dynasty, or Happy Days anyday.8/10 is the score for this S+Z themed-episode.

To be honest' date=' I actually enjoyed this episode when I was younger, and still do to this day. It just gives you a chance to laugh, if you enjoy this type of humour. The only thing I didn't like was Costalado, he was a pathetic actor and was cheesier than my grilled cheese sandwiches with meat. I'd rather watch a slapstick episode of Miami Vice than something utterly crap like The Dukes of Hazzard, Dynasty, or Happy Days anyday.8/10 is the score for this S+Z themed-episode.[/quote']Hey now...I love the "gritty", "dark" action of "Miami Vice"--but I also love the "cheesier" action of "Dukes of Hazzard" too!! Both shows were some of the 80's best!! :thumbsup:I did not like this episode...it was ridiculous and beyond "cheesy"! :sick: It was just too stupid for "MV". :thumbsdown: I would rather watch "Dukes" over this episode anyday...but, this is just my opinion. :) However, I would definitely settle for this "MV" episode over the episode "Missing Hours!" :rolleyes:

Personally I enjoyed it and just in general I enjoy episodes that break up the status quo which vice in the first season seemed to do alot.I honestly wish we had seen more of Zito's personal life in S2 along with Stan just to see how he goes from living together to that very nice apartment with the snow globes in down for the count.it just feels like the show would have had more depth if they had done more of these kind of episodes in S2, maybe not comedy based but more based on the separate lives of our vice squad outside the norm like what they did with castilo where he had one episode all about him per season it seemed.

• 1 month later...

BOTH Izzy and Noogie in the same episode--quadrupling the stupid-annoying aspects. :evil:It just was terrible and I rated it a 2. :thumbsdown: The only reason I didn't vote it a 1 is because it wasn't "Missing Hours" or "Cows of October."

Just watched this episode again...my thoughts, opinions, and views have not changed since my original statement above! :sick: This is the kind of episode I have playing in the background while I'm doing something else...I don't really have to, or want to, pay that much attention. :p It's just so unbelievabley stupid. :rolleyes: My opinion. ;)