Ferrariman

Episode #61 "The Afternoon Plane"

Recommended Posts

AzVice

i always thought it was odd  that Sonny mentions dating a lawyer at the beginning, just after he's been with teresa, but apparently this episode was shot before Teresa or Duty and Honor, and if you notice that line is dubbed in. So when he's talking about his girlfriends beeper going off it was apparently originally supposed to be teresa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Remington

Another mixed bag.

The scene where Tubbs confronts the desk clerk I love.

Some of the scenery is nice. Good Hammer music. Reminds me of S1.

Loved seeing Gomer Pyle.

I like the last 10-15 mins. It just takes forever to get started.

However, the rest of the episode is mediocre. Especially the scenes where Tubbs talks to the townspeople.

C and T pick unattractive girlfriends. Especially the ex he encounters at the hotel.

The episode is honestly just too slow and kinda boring.

Also, Orlando's death was a letdown.

6/10

Edited by Remington
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ViceFanMan
1 hour ago, Remington said:

Another mixed bag.

The scene where Tubbs confronts the desk clerk I love.

Some of the scenery is nice. Good Hammer music. Reminds me of S1.

Loved seeing Gomer Pyle.

I like the last 10-15 mins. It just takes forever to get started.

However, the rest of the episode is mediocre. Especially the scenes where Tubbs talks to the townspeople.

C and T pick unattractive girlfriends. Especially the ex he encounters at the hotel.

The episode is honestly just too slow and kinda boring.

Also, Orlando's death was a letdown.

6/10

I agree, that the end to the Calderone saga was definitely a letdown...I don't know, it just needed to be more elaborate or something--a more complex plan put together by Orlando, Jr. I did like Tubbs' main girlfriend in this one...despite her being his femme fatale, killer girlfriend from The Great McCarthy. :p

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
summer84

The story is slowly progressing towards the climax. Lacking tension. We get no info on Tubb's son from Calderone, who only mentions his sister. Tubbs unknowingly still believes his son is dead. They repeated some scenes from Calderone part 2. This episode didn't have the atmosphere and mood that Calderone's return pt 2 had, despite being on an island and having the same Jan Hammer music. I felt like they didn't bother much with this episode. Something that just had to be done/get over with to close the Calderone saga. Tubbs and Alicia together was nice and her helping him.I think, I liked her character more her. Wondering what is going to happen to Tubbs, is he going to get any assistance was interesting to follow. Some interesting experimentation with the camera work/filming in this episode. I agree with Coop, it's not the most beautiful island with buildings worn down and the overall area looking poor, but there is some charm to the old buildings. I enjoyed the music. It always draws you in somehow. "The Afternoon Plane" aired after Theresa, but was originally produced 5 episode before. Apparently Crockett is going out with some woman named Sarita, a lawyer. 

I was disappointed with the ending and that we didn't get any knowledge on Tubb's son. 

Overall I'll have to rate the episode a 4 or 5/10
 

Edited by summer84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
On 25/12/2017 at 9:42 PM, summer84 said:

The story is slowly progressing towards the climax. Lacking tension. We get no info on Tubb's son from Calderone, who only mentions his sister. Tubbs unknowingly still believes his son is dead. They repeated some scenes from Calderone part 2. This episode didn't have the atmosphere and mood that Calderone's return pt 2 had, despite being on an island and having the same Jan Hammer music. I felt like they didn't bother much with this episode. Something that just had to be done/get over with to close the Calderone saga. Tubbs and Alicia together was nice and her helping him.I think, I liked her character more her. Wondering what is going to happen to Tubbs, is he going to get any assistance was interesting to follow. Some interesting experimentation with the camera work/filming in this episode. I agree with Coop, it's not the most beautiful island with buildings worn down and the overall area looking poor, but there is some charm to the old buildings. I enjoyed the music. It always draws you in somehow. "The Afternoon Plane" aired after Theresa, but was originally produced 5 episode before. Apparently Crockett is going out with some woman named Sarita, a lawyer. 

I was disappointed with the ending and that we didn't get any knowledge on Tubb's son. 

Overall I'll have to rate the episode a 4 or 5/10
 

Shame there was no resolution about Tubbs son who obviously did not die at the of the Season 2s finale “Sons and Lovers”:xmas::hippie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
summer84
3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

Shame there was no resolution about Tubbs son who obviously did not die at the of the Season 2s finale “Sons and Lovers”:xmas::hippie:

I agree. Unfortunately they decided to close the Calderone saga with this S3 episode. 

Edited by summer84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
16 hours ago, summer84 said:

I agree. Unfortunately they decided to close the Calderone saga with this S3 episode. 

I never realised they shot this episode earlier and was aired as the 17th episode of the 3rd Season:xmas::hippie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
summer84
3 hours ago, Matt5 said:

I never realised they shot this episode earlier and was aired as the 17th episode of the 3rd Season:xmas::hippie:

Yep. How I understood it from the S3 episode list on wiki by the production code. 

http://miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Season_3

Edited by summer84

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt5
13 hours ago, summer84 said:

Found more on the production code in this article. I hope, I understood it correct, that the production code indicates, when the episode was originally produced/filmed??? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Production_code_number

http://miamivice.wikia.com/wiki/Season_3

 

 

Summer - I’m just not sure if those dates are correct for the production dates for “The Afternoon Plane” - look at Crocketts hair at the back it’s slightly longer than the “Down for the Count” episodes and it says Afternoon Plane was filmed before those two episodes ?!:fireworks:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
summer84
49 minutes ago, Matt5 said:

Summer - I’m just not sure if those dates are correct for the production dates for “The Afternoon Plane” - look at Crocketts hair at the back it’s slightly longer than the “Down for the Count” episodes and it says Afternoon Plane was filmed before those two episodes ?!:fireworks:

Thank you Matt! I'll check. :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now